Any Engrs?? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Any Engrs??

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by LCPLE3
    Combat Engineer MOS 1371. Served with 8th Engineer Support Battalion,Bridge Company from 75-77. Marine Wing Support Group-17 at Iwakuni 78-79.
    Did you make the move from Iwa to Oki?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

8th Engineer Support Bn

Hi, I was in support company and alpha company with the 8th Engineer Support Bn at Camp Lejeune. Heavy vehicles Dump Trucks and Low Boy Tractor Trailers
    Was attached to Bulk Fuel Co during two operations in Norway and Puerto Rico. 1977 to 1981.

I was with 11trh Engr Bn Dong Ha Vietnam

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cpl3531
    was in 8th engineer support bn.,engineer support company,motor transport operations platoon as a 3531(i drove a 5 ton dump truck) does that count
    Did you go to Desert Shield/Storm with 8th ESB? You were part of the black sheep maybe?

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtHopperUSMC
    Yep....See Sgt Hopper above.
    Oops 3rdCEB

Credits
    Savings
    Images

8th Engineer Support Bn Pictures

Here's a few pictures of 8th Engineers Support Bn Motor Pool, Heavy Junk, and bridge platoon areas circa 1977-1981.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	9B.jpg‎
Views:	640
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	7858   Click image for larger version

Name:	8D.jpg‎
Views:	334
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	7859   Click image for larger version

Name:	11A.jpg‎
Views:	255
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	7860  

Click image for larger version

Name:	11B.jpg‎
Views:	235
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	7861   Click image for larger version

Name:	4D.jpg‎
Views:	336
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	7862  

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Explanation of pictures

First picture- Part of the "MOOSE" crew (PFC Wiggins, Lcpl Carty, PFC Knight, and PFC Weaver). Second picture- Me carrying paint thinner across bridge platoons lot. Third picture- the wash rack ditch, this was about 4 ft deep at it's deepest and about 150 ft long, It would fill up with sand, Guess what I got to clean out for part of my EPD from office hours. Fourth picture- Ten Ton Row, Fifth picture- me and my Ten Ton. Getting ready to replace the headlight

Quote Originally Posted by usmc5054 View Post
    Looking for anyone that was in the Engrs.
    Was with the 8th Engineer Support battalion at Camp Lejeune, in the Bulk Fuel Company.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ronr418 View Post
    Was with the 8th Engineer Support battalion at Camp Lejeune, in the Bulk Fuel Company.
    When were you in 8th Engineers? I got out before you joined, but knew a lot of guys in Bulk Fuel that may have still been around. The picture is of LCpl Ray Bennet of Pittsburgh trying to get a cranky fuel transfer pump running in Norway.

Name:	32A.jpg‎
Views:	241
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	7974  

Quote Originally Posted by colt59 View Post
    When were you in 8th Engineers? I got out before you joined, but knew a lot of guys in Bulk Fuel that may have still been around. The picture is of LCpl Ray Bennet of Pittsburgh trying to get a cranky fuel transfer pump running in Norway.
    I pulled two tours there, 1984-1987 and 1990-1993

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was in Support company and Alpha, but was tight with a bunch of Bulk Fuel guys from a couple of operations. These guys were all bulk fuelers. Most were probably gone, but it won't hurt. The ranks may have been higher, if you knew them. Cpl Bill Page, LCpl Ray Bennett, PFC Kevin Bacon, LCpl Freddie Watkins, Cpl JC Williams, GySgt Williams, Lt or possibly Capt. Egan, Lt Harbison

Quote Originally Posted by colt59 View Post
    I was in Support company and Alpha, but was tight with a bunch of Bulk Fuel guys from a couple of operations. These guys were all bulk fuelers. Most were probably gone, but it won't hurt. The ranks may have been higher, if you knew them. Cpl Bill Page, LCpl Ray Bennett, PFC Kevin Bacon, LCpl Freddie Watkins, Cpl JC Williams, GySgt Williams, Lt or possibly Capt. Egan, Lt Harbison
    No sorry the names doesn't ring a bell.

Quote Originally Posted by ronr418 View Post
    No sorry the names doesn't ring a bell.
    On my first tour my 1stSgt was named Rolle.

I was went to CBT engr school from Apr 80 to june 80, courthouse bay! Every swinging dick (1371's)(except 1) went to Bravo Company 2nd plt. 3rd cbt at Camp Hansen. (july 80 to Dec 81 Oh how i loved extending tour! lol)

Caught a float and spent time at subic bay (3mths of almost straight liberty!) Did an op on mindoro island (bunked with the seals on the LHA-1 USS Tarawa ,5 days of humping, came back and the SGTMaj had to come down to the berthing space and bark at the SEALs to get our rack space back!) attached to 2/4 the magnificent bastards! Went thru J.E.S.T. school in the zambales provence! Then on to Camp Fuji for cold weather training! Hated those mickey mouse boots!

Rotated back to the states, Assigned to (Hell Bent) Charlie co. 2nd plt Eng. support battalion. did time at the stumps tearing up that airfield. Remember those a-frames out by the airfield? and that little damn PX? lol

Anyway The pic is of me (3rd from left and 2 other 1371's and 1 bulk fueler) meritoriously promoted CPL at Fuji in Dec 81.

Name:	marine.jpg‎
Views:	282
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	8133  

I was a 1371 Combat Engineer At MCAS El Toro with MWSG-37 Construction '81-'82 and At MCAS Iwakuni MWSG-17, Det-C Contstruction from '82-'85

Thread Information