Any Engrs?? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Engrs??

I bet you know/knew Capt. Shumaker.... Mustanger. I had him as my CO in the States with Bridge Company, 7th Engineers, 1st MarDiv., Camp Pendleton 1972-73. One hell'va Marine!! I never met Chesty Puller, but I am sure Capt. Shumaker came from the same type mold!! Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SgtShipley
    I bet you know/knew Capt. Shumaker.... Mustanger. I had him as my CO in the States with Bridge Company, 7th Engineers, 1st MarDiv., Camp Pendleton 1972-73. One hell'va Marine!! I never met Chesty Puller, but I am sure Capt. Shumaker came from the same type mold!! Semper Fi
    How about joining the Marine Corp Engr. Assoc.?? I can have the application and some info sent to you. I don't remember serving under the Capt. but I have heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc5054
    How about joining the Marine Corp Engr. Assoc.?? I can have the application and some info sent to you. I don't remember serving under the Capt. but I have heard of him.
    I am a member already. I am not a life member yet, but I am pretty sure I am still a member. It seems I sent in a membership fee not too long ago. Capt. Shumaker, believe it or not, is just below my name on the roster in the magazine that is sent out. I wasn't that tight with the Capt. personally. I was the the Company Career Counselor/Ed. NCOIC/ Training NCOIC/ Crane operator/ and at one time Acting Company Gunny. Thus...is why I got out. I hate paper work and desk jobs. I was made to do all of this stuff when I picked up Sgt.. I preferred to be out in my heavy equipment building/tearing down something. Well, gotta go. EU later and thanks for the response. Semper Fi, Bill Shipley TCBnFlash4@aol.com

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Smile Combat Engineer

I was a Combat Engineer with...
    "C" Company 3rd Combat Engineer Battallion 1987 through 1988 ,
    Bridge Company 8th Engineer Support Battallion 1988-1989.
    "C" Co. 8th Engineer Support Battallion 1989-1991.
    Attatched to II MEF with 8th ESB C Co during Desert Shield/Storm/whatever the cleanup was.
    MWSS 274 MWSG 27 2nd MAW 1993-1995

The skipped years was because some carreer planner lost my package while in Saudi and I had to go to Air Traffic Control.....Yep, I went right back to the Engineers ASAP.. Too Much Stresssss . I'd rather deal with High Explosives! Or even a Gunny! Semper Fi!!

I was with C co 2nd CEB CLNC 80-84 spent time in Beirut Lebanon pre bombing but lost alot of friends there. I have been a in contact with Ken, Greer before that.

Semper Fi

I was a 1371 with the 6th ESB 4th FSSG Co B from 1994-1999.

Cbt engineers

I was a combat engineer 1371 from 1968-1972. In Nam 68-69. Hills 326, 37,55 etc. Hill 55 was my forward base and DaNang was home. I would like to hear from any 1371 who was in these locations same dates.

I was a 1371 that served in 3rd ceb and also 8th engs from 91-95 i did not realize there was an engineer only ass. sign me up

Credits
    Savings
    Images

1341 Viet Nam

I was with MWSG-17, WERS-17, 1st MAW, DaNang in 1969-70. I went to MOS school at Courthouse Bay, CLNC 1969.

Would love to hear from more 1341's in the Nam same time and unit.

Vett824

Semper Fi - I was with C Co 2nd CEB 1992 - 1995 - Any others around?
    Wish I Stayed in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vett824
    Semper Fi - I was with C Co 2nd CEB 1992 - 1995 - Any others around?
    Wish I Stayed in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep....See Sgt Hopper above.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Combat Engineer MOS 1371. Served with 8th Engineer Support Battalion,Bridge Company from 75-77. Marine Wing Support Group-17 at Iwakuni 78-79.

OOH RAH Sgt Hopper - I'm From Syracuse, NY and Ive crossed paths with many, many Marines at home but i never come across Engineers. I left the Marines because i met someone while on leave the year before my EAS so knowing what I knew about marriages in the Marines I got out and have been Happily Married for 11 years. I wonder if it would have worked? I miss it so much now!!!!!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vett824
    OOH RAH Sgt Hopper - I'm From Syracuse, NY and Ive crossed paths with many, many Marines at home but i never come across Engineers. I left the Marines because i met someone while on leave the year before my EAS so knowing what I knew about marriages in the Marines I got out and have been Happily Married for 11 years. I wonder if it would have worked? I miss it so much now!!!!!!!!!!
    I think we all miss it at one time or another. I finally married the girl I was dating before I joined. It took 20 yrs and a lot of lessons learned, but like you am very happy.

I was in 8th eng camp lejeune from 1989 to 1993

Thread Information