Do men think it's ridiculous to have women in the Marine Corp.? - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by leroy8541
    yep, she bites !!! just kidding J!!!!
    Nope. She kills, like she was trained to do.

Leroy, you are one cool Devil Dog. And SMART TOO!

Semper Fi
    J

Registered User Free Member Barndog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Very Well put, Ms Christin. Sometimes it takes the bigger person to really take a long hard look inside - and yet from that emerges another person. Deep down, the same basic person is still there, just redefined.

1951, I believe the first female Sergeant Major in the Marine Corps was promoted to that rank.
    I believe my Father was a buck Sergeant or Tech (Staff Sergeant) going into his second tour in Korea.

What was that song Don Henley did a couple years back 'Get Over It' - I think you hit it right on the ball girlfriend. LOL - sometimes............ I stopped looking at what motivates others and looked in my own house. Then I started to grow up.

Semper Fidelis

Earle Comstock
    Guest Free Member
    If it wasn't for the mommies of this world the Marine Corp would be a better place in general . Don't yell at my baby , your being to mean to my baby's . So don't try and feed me any of that sugar coated sh it to me . I hear mothers everyday , and believe me I know a bunch of them with kids about the enlisting age . They can't take my son , he's an only child .
    I'm tired of hearing that sh it . This has nothing to do with masculinity or your 12 step programs or any crap like that .
    What it has to do with is a mother being a mother , and her natural instincts . Its just natural that she doesn't want her baby hurt or treated in a manner in which she feels him or her is belittled or mean in any way . All I am saying is to knock the little fvcker off the titty and make him or her GROW-UP . I think you are reading way to much into this because of the fact that you are a woman and you feel threatened by my saying in some way .
    I mean no offense to you in anyway and if you can't take the kidding around then go find a support group for battered women . Maybe there is a www. site for you somewhere .
    Again I'm sorry for the fact that I hurt your little feelings , but were you a Marine or were you in the Army .
    As far as the Kill A Commie For Mommy thing goes , my name is Earle Comstock . When I was in Dragons Plt 1/4 they use to call me Cpl Commie . And they (my plt) would say kill a Commie For Mommy .
    And my feeling still goes about women in the Marine Corps , its fine with me , as long as they ARE NOT in the infantry. And I am very fortunate to not have had a woman in charge of me when I was In . I don't feel good about having a grenade thrown at me and I did not see it coming , she did , would she jump on it ? I would have , and I wouldnt have even had a second thought .
    If you were in the Corp with guys you couldn't trust , blame the MOMMIES !

P.S. JChristin , I am proud of the fact that you were in my Marine Corps , and let me say 1 more time , I meant in no way to offend you Marine . My opinions are mine and mine only .

Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by Earle Comstock
    I'm tired of hearing that sh it . This has nothing to do with masculinity or your 12 step programs or any crap like that .
    What it has to do with is a mother being a mother , and her natural instincts . Its just natural that she doesn't want her baby hurt or treated in a manner in which she feels him or her is belittled or mean in any way . . I think you are reading way to much into this because of the fact that you are a woman and you feel threatened by my saying in some way .

I mean no offense to you in anyway and if you can't take the kidding around then go find a support group for battered women .
    ..., but were you a Marine or were you in the Army .

I don't feel good about having a grenade thrown at me and I did not see it coming , she did , would she jump on it ? I would have , and I wouldnt have even had a second thought .

If you were in the Corp with guys you couldn't trust , blame the MOMMIES !

P.S. JChristin , I am proud of the fact that you were in my Marine Corps , and let me say 1 more time , I meant in no way to offend you Marine . My opinions are mine and mine only .

Gee, Earle, have you considered "anger" therapy? I mean no disrespect Earle. You are afterall, a brother Marine. We're here to help and to serve.

My darling ex-husband has completed "anger" therapy and is now married to a nice sweet girl from one of those southern states. Our teenage sons visit their daddy once every few months. They area amazed at the transformation in their father, and greatfull too! He no longer belittles women in any regressive forms. I nearly sent the poor chap to the other side of heaven once, due to his out of control belittlement of women. We are all so greatful for the benefits of anger counseling for this once nice Marine.

Check your local yellow pages for a mental health clinic nearby. There must be one that can be of help. Or, check out the local Vet Hospital.

My nickname from boot was "Hawkeye Harv" due to my extra strong vision. Isn't it amazing that those silly nicknames earned somewhere along the line during our youth seems to stick with us! You sound like a Marine I would like on my side of the fighting lines. Just need to rework some of that **** poor attitude of yours, thats all. By the way Earle, I would place myself in harms way to save the lifes of any of my fellow Marines - as I would for you.

Semper FI
    JChristin

Credits
    Savings
    No disrespect to either of you - implied nor intended. (just to clarify up front)

I like a good heated, personal discussion. The problem is, the ones you may know who really need it, run away all p***ed off at the mere mention it. Which defines a couple of central issues: denial, or inability to cope with reality of emotions.

I know I'm AFU from time to time and I freely admit it. Not only from ADHD - but as well from my own addictions and the tribulations of my own emotional trauma. The near 17 year anniversary of my Son's death from cancer, and my diagnosis of RA - has led me to secure his medical file - in order to investigate a possible genetic link between the 2.

If we can help someone out of it, then I think it's worth the time and effort. And hell yes it's gonna hurt all over again - I've been through plenty of therapy and pain since.

But I still may be able to get help for someone and maybe myself, and my Daughter also - for future references. That's what matters.

And, I'd still dive on the grenade if any of ya happened to be lookin the other way. Right now.

Semper Fidelis

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    JChristin

I'm relieved to see that you feel there is still hope for us male Marines. It's nice to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Gender aside. I have never put anyone down. I want to build them up, proclaim them as the second greatest thing since they put holes in donuts. Second? Yes. Because I am the greatest.

I've never understood why someone would spend an hour putting someone else down, and proclaiming themselves better. I want to build you up, proclaim you as the world's second greatest, second only to me.

I let other people brag about being one step higher than someone they have labeled as a dog turd. I can't reach that low.

One of the problems inf being close to perfection is that it's lonely up here. Don't you agree?

Semper Fi

Earle Comstock
    Guest Free Member
    well I guess I did hurt your feelings , and again I will apologize . For what I don't know but you did say you were a Marine , enough said . There is alot of sh*t talking in here , to me its just like I was in the Corps . I will say again though that women have no business in the infantry .
    I am not the only male Marine that feels this way , and because I have an opinion that I feel strongly about you feel I need anger management . You do feel like a battered woman , me I prefer mine plain . I think you are the one who needs the help there Hawkeye Harv . I have a good woman , she has a teenage son , he's 16 . He's thinking already about the military . Hasn't made up his mind and there is no pressure . Of course I would like him to be a Marine , but thats his choice , and we will be proud of him for whatever he chooses in life .
    One of my biggest reasons for not having women in the Infantry is because of a mans natural instinct . To protect and go to the aid of a woman if wounded or hurt during battle and letting his guard down , putting him and his squad in danger . There are quite a few more reasons than that , but that is one of my biggest reasons .
    The way I feel , is the way I feel . You nor anyone else can change that .
    You may want to go back to the beginning of this post and start from the beginning . Read each one and try to understand what we are trying to say . I know your not stupid , so if you read this with an open mind , you just may understand me a little better .
    And for christ sakes don't take this sh it personal .

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    oh yeah!! the goon plattoon, tank bustin muthas from the glorious basstard battalion!! or was that 2/4? Earle with all due respect to Hawkeye Mary, I mean Harv, stay away from those anger management classes they are a bunch of liberal pu$$ies trying to make the world a calmer safer place by brain washing your a$$!! Just what we need in this world, a bunch of flower smellin men, got enough of those already!! just my two cents worth. Now I gotta go wash the dishes, and put some clothes in the dryer, or my wife is gonna kick my butt. S.F.

Earle Comstock
    Guest Free Member
    Oh yea , well at least mine don't tell me what to do Leroy , I'll do them fvcking dishes anyway I want to .

Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by firstsgtmike
    JChristin

I'm relieved to see that you feel there is still hope for us male Marines. It's nice to see light at the end of the tunnel.

One of the problems in being close to perfection is that it's lonely up here. Don't you agree?

Semper Fi

First Sgt. Mike and everyone else:

I guess it's my turn to take a bite out of that big $hit sandwich and I stand humble in front of all you, asking for everyone's forgiveness if I have truly offended.

Semper Fi,
    JChristin

"JUMP"
    Go Ahead, "JUMP."
    "JUMP INTO THE POOL OF LIFE.
    HE WHO LEARNS TO SWIM, LIVES.
    HE WHO DROWNS,
    WELL, BETTER LUCK NEXT LIFE."

Earle Comstock
    Guest Free Member
    You have not offended , you too have the right to feel the way you do , and NO-ONE can take that from you .
    Hell , my parents said I could be anything I wanted to be when I grow up . I wanted to be an as*hole , don't you agree ?
    Just loosen up a little , lifes to short , besides I love a battle of wits .

Credits
    Savings
    But not one of you men can change my mind that women are just as equal to the task as you are - if not just 10% better. The horses hair I'll be if someone uses the lame excuse of seeing a "woman" injured during combat. That would be witnessing a Marine being injured during combat. Any Marine being injured during combat is gonna affect me in one form or another. Even if I put off "doing" the "emotions" until later. Oh darn, just broke my nail.

I have faith in all of you. Afterall, who does dishwashing and taking the trash out than you guys? You all seem to have a natural talent for that sort of thing. I trained my ex-husband and raised both my sons along those lines. Uhmmm, we women sure seem to get you guys to do what we want...and we handle stress better too!

Semper fi
    JChristin

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm not offended J, I love this shiite!! keep it coming makes the day more bearable. I remember the days of the old argument creation or evolution, just to take the monotany out of the day and to create a good shiite storm. Nobody really gives a fvck about the outcome of this there is never going to be a clear "winner" I as a Marine as well as yourself, whom I admire and adore with that 3" thick cranium just like a good "fight", and in the battle might just learn a little, be it with words or fists.
    Never eat a shiite sandwich, and stand humble in front of no one except god almighty, whom in my mind is a monkey!! creation or evolution maybe both. apology not accepted Marine now get your gloves back out and stand your ground.
    This attitude of mine has earned me 2 black belts in martial arts and several butt whippings. I have been beat bloody, but never whipped in spirit!! Thats what makes us Marines!! Who ever is offended or got thier "feelings" hurt should just leave them in the car. or not read. Semper Fi Marine now carry on!!

Well, I'm glad you folks have kissed and made up. You notice of course that the person who posted this hasn't been back? I understand some trolls have been known to do that.....

Pay attention folks! LOL.

It's an interesting topic, but mayhap you might consider the fact that I don't smell like flowers here. On the other hand, Miss Rumble doesn't like Old Spice,...anyone have any suggestions?

Credits
    Savings
    You know what else strikes me.......

That people who have NOT been in the military say WE'VE been brainwashed??

I object strongly.

Semper Fidelis

Thread Information