Firepower
Create Post

Thread: Firepower

Exclamation Firepower

I was wondering if you could tell us about all the equipment you got to use while in the Marines. Also what your favorite one was. (it dosent have to be a gun it can be anything something you drove or flew......and so on)

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    In '83 I drove an IBM 370 with 512k of main memory and up to 8 tape drives to read data. Even then it was a dinosaur. But we made do with what we had.

you should see the Power Edge servers were using now. Good Hi-spped low drag equipment... as far as computers go

I have been fortunate enough to have fired many weapons while in service. Which is why I have no pleasure firing anything today. My favorite was the m-19 grenade launcher.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mk_19_grenade_launcher

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I flew a M35A2C 2.5 Ton 6X6 go anywhere anytime on any fuel mud master combat cruiser.My weapons of choice were the M14A1 service rifle, M79 40mm grenade launcher, M60 machine gun and M1911A1 45 ACP service pistol.

OORAH!!! Motor T Keep On Truckin!

Without a doubt, my favorite piece of equipment is the Browning M2. When something sticks around as long as that thing, you know it has to be good. But, non-gun related I had the TRC-170 and MRC-142 multi-channel radios that are still state of the art, but have been slowly replaced by SATCOM gear, meaning my MOS is once again one of the smaller ones.

It would not be appropriate, and would most likely be against the ROE to show a picture of my gun on this thread.

My favorite weapon though was the M16A2 service rifle with which I eventually learned to master and qualified as a rifle expert.

Dang Yellowwing, you had some new equipment. As an old 4034 myself, I drove 360's with up to a meg of memory and they took up a heck of a lot of room and used a lot of energy just for the monster air conditioing units we had for em...

I did love the M-16, though since I qualified expert with it, with the M-14 I only got the toilet seat...

I qualified with the M9 Barretta too - toliet seat though, but did like the way it fired. A couple of years ago I was talking with a police office friend of mine and told him that given my Marine Corps firearms training I could probably shoot better with the Barretta then half of the police force (PG County MD - about 1,000 officers). He took it personally and thought that I meant that I could shoot better than him. 10 years after being discharged and having never fired a weapon of any kind since - he dropped one shot, I dropped none - 5 head shots and 10 center mass at 25 meters.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I loved playing with them bombs - I like things that go BOOM! Cluster bombs were my favorite - I used to LOVE watching those old a$$ training films where they show you stuff being hit - clusters are just really big buckshot shells in my mind.

Oh! And them Sidewinders............it just amazed me how all that stuff worked and how they hooked up the jets and such...............

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    I loved playing with them bombs - I like things that go BOOM! Cluster bombs were my favorite - I used to LOVE watching those old a$$ training films where they show you stuff being hit - clusters are just really big buckshot shells in my mind.

Oh! And them Sidewinders............it just amazed me how all that stuff worked and how they hooked up the jets and such...............

Ihave to agree with you i love watching things blow up this is probibly %10 of why i am going to join.

I was a 1371 and I have to say that I liked the demo best. There is just something about a roll of det cord and a chunk of C-4!

M40a1/m40a3/m82a1a

i wish i could go play with an ole m79 thump gun.

yeah we have 203's but a good thump gun is needed!!!!

and personally i love the e-tool. but yeah m-16 or a m1a

Thread Information