Looking for old friends
Create Post

Looking for old friends

Does anyone know of another website that is good for locating some of my former Marine buddies that I was stationed with in VN during 67 & 68 - need some for a claim I am filing with the VA.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by pugh
    Does anyone know of another website that is good for locating some of my former Marine buddies that I was stationed with in VN during 67 & 68 - need some for a claim I am filing with the VA.
    Try: *********************

Credits
    Savings
    I dont know why it did not come out? I will PM it to you.

can you pm me with that as well...

Looking for John Conklin

Does anyone know of another website that is good for locating some of my former Marine buddies that I was stationed with in VN during 67 & 68 - need some for a claim I am filing with the VA. Specifically looking for John Conklin that was hit in 7/68 and medevaced to Japan - didn't hear anything more about him or from him

I am looking for any web site to determine if a loser claiming to be a member of our beloved Corps ever stood on those yellow foot prints and ate that nasty "chili-mac". He talks a lot of crap and doesn't seem to be able to back it up.

looking for

I don't know of any web sites - just ask him questions - such as why the red stripe on NCO trousers, who was Chesty Puller or even the birthday of the Corps - questions any Marine would know - I can still answer those after 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by pugh

WOW ! The VA is wanting names of guys you served with in Nam, never heard of such a request from the VA, what kinda form you fillen out ??

MG

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What unit were you with? If they have a website - post messages on it. If not, post as many messages as you can on every Vietnam Vet site you can find - SOMEBODY will find it eventually.

Good luck,Semper Fi and welcome home!

Credits
    Savings

Very Important

Quote Originally Posted by marinegreen
    WOW ! The VA is wanting names of guys you served with in Nam, never heard of such a request from the VA, what kinda form you fillen out ??

MG
    Any one trying to get benefits for PTSD needs to fill out what the VA calls a stressor letter. In that, the person needs to tell the VA who what where and when to get service connection.
    If the veteran has no clue about anything then how does the VA know he has PTSD from a traumatic experience?
    A useful place to get info is from the Marine Corps history museum. They have declassified unit diaries and after action reports.

Thread Information