Attitudes tword MP's
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Attitudes tword MP's

What are your and your fellow Marines attitudes twords MP's? Are they just as bad as MOST civilians outlook twords their Police Officers ( will respect them if they come in contact, but do not like them ) or can it become more hostile? Thanks for any information and/or past experiences.

I personally have never had a problem with them. They are Marines just like the rest of us.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I never had a problem with them. In fact, there were a few that helped me out in Japan - I went through MBC day with them and I never had a problem getting back through the front gate while drunk after that.

Always had good things to say about Marine MPs. The army mps were nothing more than a$$ho@@, Jurks swines and chicken $$$$$.

I've never had a problem with them, either.

John.

I had some little punk a$$ boot PFC MP pull me over for 27 in a 25. He tried to give me a lot of better-than-thou attitude. He looked pretty funny writing me a ticket a Parade Rest!!

When we were in the Gulf, it was found that a group of MPs were breaking into the detached Marines cars.

In my observation, generally people who don't like the Police are criminals or have a strong resentment to authority. So if your not doing something in violation to base regs MP's shouldn't be the problem.

Stanley Hroszow
    Guest Free Member
    I had no problems with MPs some of my best friends were MPs

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I hung out with MPs in El Toro. Generally pretty good guys and outstanding Marines. The brand new PFC MPs did have an atittude. I sometimes wondered why they even allowed those youngun's to carry a weapin!

But the salty dawg MPs really were outstanding in every way.

Some were OK, some were idiots, just like every other MOS. The MPs that go on a power trip need to be moved to a different job, and there are too many that do. But, some can be the best people in the world.

I would much rather have another Marine looking out for me than some budget rate civilian cop or rent-a-cop guarding my gates and patrolling my base

Quote Originally Posted by awb5711
    I had some little punk a$$ boot PFC MP pull me over for 27 in a 25. He tried to give me a lot of better-than-thou attitude. He looked pretty funny writing me a ticket a Parade Rest!!
    I guess you would put a fat over weight civilian cop at parade rest to , after he gives you an attitude or doesnt respect you as a Marine Sgt. I don think so! So why would you do it to a young PFC because he not only has to police the most intense, disciplined, hardest individuals on this planet he has to do it a fellow Marine. At the same time he has an NCO or SNCO yelling at him to do his job. Remember he went through boot camp, he is proud, cocky, and errogant at times, so maybe we need to consider that. Most of the civilian cops now day could not even become a Marine, ie. waivers, fat, health, etc. The Marines that become MPs are screened out extensively and make it thru boot camp. Yes I will agree that they are cocky, but if you think about it where else does rank or time come into play in the real world. Unless your dealing with the Mayor, city councilman, etc, etc.. I love you like a brother and would give my life to help you, but if you tried to put me at parade rest you would be flex cuffed from head to toe.

Semper

TKMAC58

Yeah I would say overall it's just like any other job. Better than being the clerk at disbursing who deals with people's No-pay-dues. Now THAT job would suck. Cool thing about most MPs I encountered is that no matter how ripped I was they always managed to salute without laughing at me

Credits
    Savings
    Images

MPs

Overall I enjoyed being an MP very much. So much so that it became my life's work - in two careers. I spent about 18.5 years of 21 years military time as an MP (or security police when I was Air Guard), and 21 years as a civilian police officer. I'd still be on the job if my health had held up.

I'd do all over again, except I'd never take a promotion above sergeant (in civilian policing). I missed the street too much and hated the politics. Even as a Lt. in charge of SWAT, I couldn't take the entry team in any more. That was a sergeant or corporal's job. I had to sit outside and "command." I missed carrying that CAR-15 or MP5 through the door.

Also, that must have been one new PFC MP to get suckered into writing a skid at parade rest. There were a couple of times I had to remind (politely) intoxicated SNCOs that my sergeant's stripes just indicated my pay scale, the MP brassard indicated my rank - Major General (as the base commander's representative). My troops were well briefed on that too.

Plus the 27/25 doesn't sound right either. But maybe. At Pendleton we were required to stop AND cite for 5 over (it could be a written warning, but there had to be paper on it).

Thread Information