Roadmap to Impeachment
Create Post

Question Roadmap to Impeachment

Roadmap to Impeachment
    By Ryan Sager
    Aug. 7, 2006

Over at National Review, Byron York has a detailed piece on Rep. John Conyers's roadmap to impeach President Bush. Conyers's report, titled "The Constitution in Crisis: The Downing Street Minutes and Deception, Manipulation, Torture, Retribution, and Coverups in the Iraq War, and Illegal Domestic Surveillance," doesn't sell itself as an impeachment document. The Democrats want to win in '06, after all, and the public has very little appetite for such shenanigans -- even if it's not all that fond of the president right now. But there's hardly any other way to interpret this document.

Just read Conyers's own description of the report, as recounted by York: "Approximately 26 laws and regulations may have been violated by this administration's misconduct," Conyers wrote Friday in a message posted simultaneously on the DailyKos and Huffington Post websites. "The report...compiles the accumulated evidence that the Bush administration has thumbed its nose at our nation's laws, and the Constitution itself."

Most of the charges are ludicrous -- though, I'd caution conservatives to realize that some of them are not entirely, especially as relates to domestic surveillance -- but the substance hardly matters. The Senate would never convict, even if a Democratic House were to impeach. The entire thing would be a destructive waste of time.

Unfortunately, the Republican Party gave up the high ground on impeachment a long time ago. There would be no way, I should think, for the GOP to declare any charge thrown at the president "frivolous" after the circus of the Clinton impeachment.

After Slick Willy gets his impeachment, maybe then Bush can get his?

You are a dumbazz.

I would have taken you outside the backdoor of your hootch and commenced to ________.

Fill in the blank; your imagination amazes me.

You need to catch up and talk to our warriors who have been there.

I had the fortune of talking to one who just got back from Iraq.

If he had it to do all over, he would do it again.

BTW, he is recuperating from severe injuries, and is one PROUD MARINE.

As for leadership, I am hard-pressed to see how and why MY Marine Corps made you a captain of Marines. Sometimes slimeballs get thru the cracks.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    This ought to be a good one!

Last edited by Phantom Blooper; 04-21-07 at 08:45 AM.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    The thing that bothers me as a citizen is Republican Senator Arlen Spectre's accusation that the Administration is overstepping its bounds on checks and balances.

In a time of war, do we really need a elected representative government or judicial branch? Or is the Constitution just Liberal nonsense getting in the way of the Executive prosecution of the War?

Are you willing to give up your freedoms to ensure security? I'm coming in to search your house and home. I am going to detain you with no specific charges or afford you legal counsel. But it is for the good of the American People. I'm sure you understand.

Hands behind your back.

Big friggin' deal.

I joined MY Corps on 2 Feb 1970 and was promoted to sergeant on 1 July 1972.

Put that up your azz and smoke it, rank grabber wannabe, and you are a BOOT, as well!

Bend down and give me 20!!!

Do you ever respond to replies I make to you, numbnutz?

If you continue to spill your diatribe, maybe, just maybe, somebody higher up here will ban you from this forum.

Thread Information