Retiree Active Duty
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Retiree Active Duty

I have been hearing the rumor, HQMC will be posting requirements for certain MOS retirees to come back to active duty. Does anyone have any new info on this?

Still Lean
    Still Mean
    Still All Marine

I haven't heard such a rumor, but I believe they can only recall FMCR retirees.

I know of a retired Marine MGySgt 0193 that has been recalled to AcDu for a one-year period.

WOW !! HERE'S SOME SERIOUS STRIPES, TALK'EN ABOUT FEEL'EN LIKE A PUPPY DOG, Hats off to you Gentleman ! SF

Kegler: You may know her; her name is Pat McLane.

I know Pat. She was the EO Advisor here at MCB late 90's, then went to Quantico to be the EO Advisor for HQMC. Think she retired in 2003. Saw her about a year ago.

I monitor CMC and MCRC websites, am active in the Marine4Life program as a mentor and I haven't heard anything about this lately. A couple of years ago they were looking for FMCR SNCO's in the MP field and Intelligence for duty in Iraq to help with Training the Iraqi forces.
    If they're in need though, I did pass a PFT (Self Administered Ofcourse) last week. We won't discuss scores, lets just suffice to say I passed.
    Best place to look for information would be the Marine Corps official website www.usmc.mil.
    I can tell you that the Corps met it's requirements for First Term reenlistments for FY2006 already so I can't see where they are going to be looking for Retirees to come back right now but you never know.

MCTFS doesn't indicate Pat is, or has been recalled to active duty.

If that is the case, somebody is bullshiatting, bro.

Could be...did you hear this from her, or from someone else? I also checked diary retrieval to see if HQMC had entered any orders in MCTFS, but nothing there either. Is it possible she may be volunteering for recall to active duty at some future date, but hasn't been confirmed or received orders yet?

Pat mentioned it to Mrs. Ces Bundy, the former HQMC Hums Monitor of years back, who resides here in JVille.

Oh yes, I know Ms. Bundy too. Didn't we run into her and her hubby at one of our get-togethers...Spanky's maybe?

Yep, when Vic DeCurtis was in our AO a few years ago.

As I understand it the Corps is going to give a shipingover bonasof up to $60,000.oo for SNCO's in certon MOSs. I think that the O200 MOS was one of the few.

Ha ha...an 02XX = Marine Intelligence, which is an oxymoron...

Thread Information