Sunday Poolee/Wannabe Chat - Page 13
Create Post
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Good evening poolees. I was asked to host your sunday poolee chat today. I am a sergeant and I was a USMC recruiter from 2004-2007. Any questions...fire away.

Poolees,

Poolee chat was supposed to happen tonight. What is it going to take to get a Poolee chat going next Sunday? From 1800 until 1820 no one showed up. There wasn't a chat last Sunday either. I think this could be a useful tool for those that want to get better prepared for boot camp. I'm not sure how it worked before, but if someone is needed to organize it, I would definately like to help in any way I can.

-Poolee Smith

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JdnSmith View Post
    Poolees,

Poolee chat was supposed to happen tonight. What is it going to take to get a Poolee chat going next Sunday? From 1800 until 1820 no one showed up. There wasn't a chat last Sunday either. I think this could be a useful tool for those that want to get better prepared for boot camp. I'm not sure how it worked before, but if someone is needed to organize it, I would definately like to help in any way I can.

-Poolee Smith
    What it's gonna take to get it going is to have participants! Like you said in your post, "NO ONE SHOWED UP"!

Sgt, I asked you to host the chat, but I also said that I would get back with you on the details. I intended to use you next Sunday, and still will if this thing works for next week. Sorry for the confusion Sgt.

At the present DGardner is the usual Host of the Chat, but he has been busy with school and what not on Sunday nights. Now If you Poolees will commit to attending the chat I think I can get it back on track! But It was becomming apparant that not enough of you wanted to attend, or you just came in when ever you felt like it and stayed as long as you wanted to. The Chat is from 2100-2300 EST! Not 2000, not 1900......but 2100!

For any of you that don't know how this works, simply click on the "CHAT" button at the top of the screen, then click on the Poolee Hall room and you're there.

This chat was set up to give you, the poolee, information you WILL need in boot camp! It is not a text area nor a regular chat area to shoot the breeze! It is a TOOL for you poolees to use for your own good. No one get paid anything for thier time and they get nothing in return, except that MAYBE YOU will learn something from it!

GOD (well jinelson) gave this Tool to you poolees, and it can be taken away! It's up to you poolees! We will start the chat with only two poolees, if that's all that are present at 2100 EST, you are welcome to join us anytime after that, but it will end at 2300 EST, per site rules because of school. These times ar in EST, not CST, nor PST or any other time....EST, remember that and adjust your self to that time for this chat!

For those of you that wanted to attend, I am truly sorry. For those of you that abused it, shame on you! I suggest that while in the chat that you maitain a classroom setting, just as if you were in a class at school!

Read the rules for the chat in this thread, and behave yourself and learn all you can.

Marines will come in on occasion, to help out or just to see what you are doing, they may even ask a question. If they do, answer them before you do the host, if the host is a poolee/wannabe!

If you want this Poolee chat to continue, post a reply on this thread, if you don't wnat it then don't post or post why you don't want it. I realize that some of you are genious and don't need any help, but We don't need you in the Chat to be disruptive.

I hope to get this poolee chat going again Next Sunday at the regular time of 2100-2300 EST. Any questions or suggestions should be forwarded to me, (Davblay) by PM only, not on the open forum!

I guess you really don't know what you've got until you almost loose it do you? JDNSMITH, you don't ship until October, so if you want to fill in for the nights DGardner can't show up that would be fine, PM me with your reply. The rules say that it must be hosted by a poolee or wannabe that is up on the Marine Corps knowlege that will help you guys out. But we can have Marines as guest host anytime it will help out, I think SGT slimmy will have a lot to offer you guys as a formar recruiter for the Corps! Will you come back bext Sunday Sgt, Please?

Remember that we are here to help you, not for any other reason! We give you our time to help make sure you learn something in every chat. PLease use this Tool, or you will loose it!

Semper Fi My pups,

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Bump

Quote Originally Posted by davblay View Post
    While this Thrsday's chat was my job and all, I have elected to discontinue it effective next thurstay (June 12, 2008)! The attendance had been down and it is next to impossible to get a host from the Poolees that are willing to give thier time to host the chat. Also It seems that poolees are more comfortable with the "sunday chat" more than they are the "Thursday chat".

This will be a purely poolee function as I will be the only Marine on the site, of course if I have to leave I will have a substitute to fill in for me, but you will know who they are. We "NCOICs" will be there to keep you poolees on track and to keep you from turning it into myspace or text message! In other words we will be there to make sure you stay within the rules of the site! Marines will not answer any questions, hovever thay are invited to ask as many Corps questions as they wish, just to keep the group moving along and learning. They are not there as a source of individual answers, Keep it in a TEAM atmosphire so all will learn, OK?

Chat room rules are simple for poolee chats:

1) The host will ask questions

2) The poolees/wannabees will answere them

3) Any Marine that does choose to visit us may ask any Corps related
    question he wants and has presidence over the poolee host' question.
    4) Marines, active duty or Former, will use the "open forum" or the "Marines only" section for thier chats during Poolee chat.

5) No Poolee or wannabe will go to the other rooms during chat then return, those rooms are for our "Marines" and "Marine Friends".

6) No direspect to anyone will be tolorated during the chat time...NONE!

7) Because of the Females in the room we will all refrain from colorful language, due to the Sexual Harrassment laws! Keep it civil!

8) Official chat closes at 2300 EST, all school age participants must log off the site at that time!

9) Professionism will be maintained during the entire chat, no joking etc!

10) the poolees left "on the poolee chat room area" after 2300 can leave or stay that thier pleasure, it pretty much turns into a chat at that time!

There are 10 rules for you to remember...only 10.

I want to personally invite each and every poolee/wannabee to attend on Sunday evening and get a head start learning your Boot Camp Knowledge! This will be taught by a person that knows his/her stuff.

The room is big enough for all that want to attend, so get your paper, pencil, glass. or can, of soda, popcorn, sandwich together, go to the head, scratch yourself, change cloths....whatever, but be ready to start poo;ee chat at 2100 EST, 2000 CST, 1900 MST and 1700 PST!

Lets keep this Chat alive and everyone get in there and learn every Sunday!

Thanks

Dave

Cpl Dave I will be glade to host it if I am on at the time.

Okay Poolees what do you say? We have Marines here willing to give us their time. Let's not mess this up again. Chat will be on this Sunday at the stated times. Be there if you can!

-Poolee Smith

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Credits
    Savings

Tongue in Cheek Reply

You poolee/wannabees don't need this crap.

For the most part, you are all to intelligent to need any assistance.

You have shown that, in some of your posts AND replies, which include your wealth of knowledge, re; the United States Marine Corps.

You rely on what you heard said by your buddies, cousins, neighbors, drug ravaged, hippy-assed whelp.

You wanna be a ricky recon without becoming a Marine first.

Sheeit, go for it.

Not naming names here, but there are Marines on this site that possess a wealth of imformation, AND are willing to share it, willingly.

Recruiters, Drill Instructors, Senior NCO's and Officers, along with the whole gauntlet of Marines who have served in the MOS that you choose.

They can help.

Will you let them?

It is entirely up to you.

Otherwise - CLICK HERE!!

I would like the poolee chat to keep going. Some Sundays I don't have the time, but when I do I'd love to come and learn about my favorite subject!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by davblay View Post
    If you want this Poolee chat to continue, post a reply on this thread, if you don't wnat it then don't post or post why you don't want it. I realize that some of you are genious and don't need any help, but We don't need you in the Chat to be disruptive.
    Is this thread invisible or something? Some replies would be nice, especially since these Marines are trying to help us Poolees.

Poolee Chat

I would love for the Poolee chat to stick around, when I'm not busy on Sunday's I try to catch it. The Thursday nights don't work for me because of Pool Function. Thank you Marine's for helping all of us.

I will be there. By the way i clicked on the link to see what would happen and LOL, that was great!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well I see that there were only three poolees that replied! You poolees are gonna fool around and loose the best tool you have ever had! I asked for replies and I get a few maybes! Well we'll see hot it goes tomorrow night! 2100-2300 EST!

If we don't have a pretty good turn ou, then I will be forced to reaccess the value of the whole idea!

I need more commitments from you poolees for this to stay strong!

Dave

I will be there! I've been working a lot lately and havn't had time but I will be there this Sunday.

Thread Information