how long does it take to increase crunches
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how long does it take to increase crunches

i want to increase it from 48 to 55 how long does that take if i do them everyday and have one rest day? i want to do 55 to 60 in 2 minutes. im so close to passing the ist i just need a little advice help me out please.

It took me about a month to go from 57 to 100 with minimal work. Im now at 130 and I dont even work on them outside of pool functions. I usually do 100 without stopping and then rest for the last minute on the IST.

Quote Originally Posted by luis2787 View Post
    i want to increase it from 48 to 55 how long does that take if i do them everyday and have one rest day? i want to do 55 to 60 in 2 minutes. im so close to passing the ist i just need a little advice help me out please.
    haha. Crunches are the easiest form of PT in the Marine Corps. Unlike pull-ups, the number of crunches you're able to perform increases every time you do them. Just keep doing them. By the time you have to take your IST you'll be good to go. But if for some reason you're really not seeing an increase, I recommend doing a set of 100, not for speed but just to get there, so you can take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    haha. Crunches are the easiest form of PT in the Marine Corps. Unlike pull-ups, the number of crunches you're able to perform increases every time you do them. Just keep doing them. By the time you have to take your IST you'll be good to go. But if for some reason you're really not seeing an increase, I recommend doing a set of 100, not for speed but just to get there, so you can take your time.
    Thanks i started doing this program called 200 sit up program my recruiter gave it to me so im gonna do them everyday except Sundays thats my rest days but im trying to see if i can get it to 66 in 2 weeks wish me luck lol

From 48 to 66 in two weeks should be a breeze.

What might be easy for one poolee, might just be difficult for another. I've been trying to increase my crunches, but they're still really inconsistent. There have been pool functions where we've done crunches, and I've managed to do at least 50-60, but on IST days it bounces around anywhere from 36 to 52.

I'm really going to try to get closer to 65. I've only got about 2 and a half weeks until I ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rough Hands View Post
    What might be easy for one poolee, might just be difficult for another. I've been trying to increase my crunches, but they're still really inconsistent. There have been pool functions where we've done crunches, and I've managed to do at least 50-60, but on IST days it bounces around anywhere from 36 to 52.

I'm really going to try to get closer to 65. I've only got about 2 and a half weeks until I ship.
    Maybe practice on your own?
    This girl at my RS got hers from 30-70 in two weeks. Said she did max sets then would lean against a wall in a squat position. IDK for how long, but im sure until her legs hurt. Then she would do another max set. Every day for two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumbii View Post
    Maybe practice on your own?
    This girl at my RS got hers from 30-70 in two weeks. Said she did max sets then would lean against a wall in a squat position. IDK for how long, but im sure until her legs hurt. Then she would do another max set. Every day for two weeks.
    i have been. i have been doing crunches every night before bed. i am taking the ist Wednesday so i have 4 days bust out as many reps as i can so i can pass on Wednesday

i have been. i have been doing crunches every night before bed. i am taking the ist Wednesday so i have 4 days bust out as many reps as i can so i can pass on Wednesday
    Nice. Do a routine when you wake up too.
    Try pyramids maybe?
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I'm telling you, just keep doing sets of 100. Hell, one time myself and 2 other poolees went over to Battery park and did 300 Crunches (obviously not at the same time) and after that session I was able to reach 100 with ease. Use this weekend to bust out as much as possible (not working for speed) and then perhaps on Monday you can go balls out and see how many you can do in a minute. You'll be good by Wednesday, man.

ill try the 100 hundred thing till Sunday. Monday ill bang out as many as i can to see how far i am getting.

I literally went from doing something in the 80s one week to 110 the next week with no ab work outs in between. its all about getting momentum and just keep going up.

yea im gonna keep working on this

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    how fast you'll increase your IST is totally based upon yourself. how often you do it and how you do it.

JUST DO IT.

Quote Originally Posted by pattchan View Post
    how fast you'll increase your IST is totally based upon yourself. how often you do it and how you do it.

JUST DO IT.
    been doing them everyday so hopefully by Wednesday ill see a major increase.

Thread Information