IMAGES OF WAR 1991

ENGINEERS UP!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	inside kuwait.jpg‎
Views:	180
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1356  

Originally posted by virwar
    I was there with 4th MARDIV 3/23 Wpns Co 81's detached out to 2/4 and then detached to 10th Trucks. My advise to everyone is DO NOT learn how to drive a stick shift in a 6-by while driving through a mine field and while taking incoming arty rounds. Semper Fi . Dave out.
    that beats me Brother..I got my license when I was 19 and learned how to drive on the Chicago Sky-Way.

I'm damn sure Proud of you Gulf War Vets..Semper Fi, Bros. You too SgtBlaster!!!

Smile 0311

Every thing we learned as Comb Engineers was from those that served in VNM. 75 percent of Casualties IN VNM, were Caused By Some type of Mine, From our own Mines and the VC Mines.
    The VC HAD LOTS OF TRICKS,
    Lots of claymores and bouncing bettys,Toe poppers on and on.
    we swept carfuly through those Iraqi Bunkers looking and feeling
    for trip wires and lots of places were booby traped at this airfield IN Kuwait, they did try to set us up a few surprises.

SEMPER FI

Smile 0311

OH THE PIC ABOVE, I HAD A SATCHEL CHARGE ON ME, 22 pnds
    of C-4.

SEMPER FI

I know them Bros in Nam had a blast with their demolitions..I'm bettin You Marines had sum premo **** to work with..Gotta be a Blast

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Smile Thanx...

OOH-RAH Devil Dogs!!! I attriute my still being here to the Combat Engineers ( at the breach in the burm and mine fields ) Tiger Brigade and a couple of A-10 Warthogs ( I'm told they took care of some Iraqi tanks while I was in the middle of the second mine field ) and of course I know God was helping my dumbass too!!! Thanx SgtBlaster, Bang up job!!!Yeeerrrp!!!
    0311 Thanx to you Vietnam Vets for helping to get my ass and what's left of my head back home quickly on the backside of the war. Reading what you Vietnam Vets did out there dwarfed my experiences and hearing what and how you all dealt with coming home provided me with a good kick in the ass to square myself away quickly. Since my learning experience in the minefield, I have made it a point of learning how to operate every piece of equipment that's know to man. Whether it be a crane or SCUBA gear or piloting an airplane. I don't ever want to get caught like that again. Semper Fi and Welcome Home Devil Dogs!!! Dave out.

Re: Thanx...

Originally posted by virwar
    OOH-RAH Devil Dogs!!! I attriute my still being here to the Combat Engineers ( at the breach in the burm and mine fields ) Tiger Brigade and a couple of A-10 Warthogs ( I'm told they took care of some Iraqi tanks while I was in the middle of the second mine field ) and of course I know God was helping my dumbass too!!! Thanx SgtBlaster, Bang up job!!!Yeeerrrp!!!
    0311 Thanx to you Vietnam Vets for helping to get my ass and what's left of my head back home quickly on the backside of the war. Reading what you Vietnam Vets did out there dwarfed my experiences and hearing what and how you all dealt with coming home provided me with a good kick in the ass to square myself away quickly. Since my learning experience in the minefield, I have made it a point of learning how to operate every piece of equipment that's know to man. Whether it be a crane or SCUBA gear or piloting an airplane. I don't ever want to get caught like that again. Semper Fi and Welcome Home Devil Dogs!!! Dave out.
    Semper Fi, Marine..we be a team..thank you and the Vets of your era for preserving our Freedoms

I HAD A VERY GOOD TIME WATCHING YOU GUYS BLOWING A HOLE IN THE MINE FEILDS IN KUWAIT BEFORE WE WENT IN.

THKS

Wink They dont call us SUPER GRUNTS FOR NOTHING

ROGER THAT TO ALL ABOVE......

AH SHUCKS MARINES !

WE ALL COVER EACH ONES BACK

I would do it again IF, wich is a big word, IF I HAD TO.

( I AM JUST PROUD TO BE A MARINE)

Registered User Free Member Barrio_rat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Gulf War...

Now I'm gonna have to go get my pics scanned so y'all can see how yer 'sposed to spend a war! I was on the USS Tarawa LHA-1, with the 5th MEB and MAG-90. At one time we had over 2000 Marines on the ship. The Navy was outnumbered. Was there for the USS Okinawa incident. Our OIC, from Pendleton was on that ship. Many, including him, were brought aboard the Tarawa. Was out of MCAS Camp Pendleton. Left in November, got back in July. Closest I came to it all was 35 miles from the Iraq/Kuwait border. Saw the oil rigs burning. Though, when we made port at Al Jabail, Saudi Arabia the only SCUD missile to head that way was when we were there. Had one beer day after 90 days at sea. Spent some time in the UAE, Dubai and Abu Dahbi. Drinkin' strong mixed drinks next to a pool at a 5 star hotel. I was aviation ordnace, roto head. Kept the bomb racks and turrets on the Cobras workin. Ain't cool for pilots if they can't shoot back. We did have a little action in that everything we did maintenance on worked when the Cobras and Harriers went in over Kuwait. Got to watch the home coming parade on a tape that some guys mom sent him while we were still out there. That was kinda interesting. On our way back, we stopped in the Bay of Bengal to the country of Bangladesh for Operation Sea Angel for releif efforts.

Thread Information