So I will be the first
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

So I will be the first

:rolleyes:
    I never left the States but I am considered a disabled wartime vet!!

Thanks Sadaam for the goverment benefits.!!

Still think we should have "gotten" him then!!

Anyway, Desert Storm vets pull up a sea bag and share your stories.

Last edited by CAS3; 06-20-02 at 07:14 AM.

DAMN

another place for me to post.

I'm proud to say that I was there suckin down all that wonderfull oxygen. NOT !!! If I can remember to scan some pics I'll post em jus for SaG.

edit: Damn that pic is BIG !! Sorry if I can figure out how to resize it I will

Nitro

Last edited by Nitro; 06-20-02 at 07:43 AM.

TeufelHunden
    Guest Free Member

Arrow BTDT...

...HQBn, 2d MarDiv. 23Dec90 - 15Apr91. Oldest daughter was 5 weeks old when I left - Crawling like she owned the joint when I got back. Thanks Saddam for taking that away from me you prick!

LadyLeatherneck
    Guest Free Member

Unhappy 1991

I joined after Desert Storm and ALL of the guys in my shop
    had been to the middle east. They shared alot of pictures,
    pictures that are still engraved in my memory today, not a
    pretty site. All I can say is WELCOME HOME YOU GUYS!

Re: So I will be the first

Originally posted by CAS3
    :rolleyes:
    I never left the States but I am considered a disabled wartime vet!!

Thanks Sadaam for the goverment benefits.!!

Still think we should have "gotten" him then!!

Anyway, Desert Storm vets pull up a sea bag and share your stories.
    Just curious, about your having a "Disabled Wartime Vet" rating....and how it could be wartime service connected if you never left the states.....

Make is easy for ya grunt..Cas served during War time..UNlike the Vietnam Vets. and Duh..Bro She was property of The Marine Corps when she got the rating.
    It's good that grunts are inquisitive Bro.. But can be a double edge swoard man. If we ask 2many stupid Questions it reflects on our Grunt Brothers.
    Semper Fi, Marine!!

Bro

Originally posted by USMC0311
    Make is easy for ya grunt..Cas served during War time..UNlike the Vietnam Vets. and Duh..Bro She was property of The Marine Corps when she got the rating.
    It's good that grunts are inquisitive Bro.. But can be a double edge swoard man. If we ask 2many stupid Questions it reflects on our Grunt Brothers.
    Semper Fi, Marine!!
    [b]Bro, bein a Nam Vet and a deranged one with weekly visits to my shrink at the wonderful VA horsepital every week, I am eat up with constantly makin sure nobody is suckin bennies away from a Vet who's fighting to get his rightfully from the VA....wasn't tryin to insinutate this was the case with this Marine, but was just tryin to make sure a wannabe wasn't gettin bennies......I done been asked to leave about 20 PTSD sessions for giving non combatant patients hell for bein in their with me and other Combat Vets.....They ain't laid in the same elephant grass or sniffed the same night mud so they shouldn't be there.....in my opinion they should separate PTSD cases into what each individuals PTSD is related to.....There might be many different reasons causing a person's ptsd, but ain't no gubmit shrink gonna ever convince me it's all the same !!! Thats pure bull**** !!

Sorry to get off on the PTSD deal....ain't got nothin to do with what the post was about !!!! Again, I was just checkin to make sure weren't no wannabe takin bennies away from another deserving bro !!

Welcome Home Bro!!! Semper Fi, Grunt
    parinoia/caution, is a state O mind 4 me Bro!
    I understand ... believe Me, I do Bro

Back at Cha !!

Originally posted by USMC0311
    Welcome Home Bro!!! Semper Fi, Grunt
    parinoia/caution, is a state O mind 4 me Bro!
    I understand ... believe Me, I do Bro
    WELCOME HOME TO YOU ALSO BRO !!! THANKS FOR BEIN A BRO AND THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY !!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Question Where was I during the "Storm"

Thanks to my aggressive attitude and drive I was already on recruiting duty. I had the pleasure of walking into homes and trying to explain how joining the Marines was a good thing for young Johnny, while his mother kept talking about getting him back in a body bag. Or walking through the streets of a liberal Massachusetts town while citizens protested the war with chants of "No Blood For Oil." Oh yes, Desert Shield/Storm was a real boost to my morale. I could have been there in the fight with Saddam instead of the fight with some mom. I knew it was probably my only chance to get close to the action and it wasn't in the cards for me then or recently with Afghanistan. Again, I found myself in recruiting when the war on terrorism broke out. It was my fate, I guess. He's a thought. Next time I get orders to another recruiting assignment, war is eminent!!

Sixguns

Last edited by Sixguns; 06-24-02 at 06:44 PM.

Credits
    Savings

NamGrunt...

Sorry for the delay in my response...

I am a disabled wartime veteran. I was discharged medically on Feb 1 1991.
    I too do not believe in milking the system.
    That is why I am Chief of Claims at the Board of Veterans Appeals!!
    I have dealt with more PTSD claims than anyone I know.
    Therapy is great if you get what you need out of it. Forget what anyone else is trying to get and work on being selfish...Work on you and you alone andyou will get as much out of it as you put in.

About those OTHER vets... Trust me I have had many clients from the same "group' with the same story. They were trying to get over on me...I kicked their asses out. I may be young, a woman, and not a combat vet but I am not gullable or stupid.

Bruce, if you were not on recruiting duty, we would never have met. Aren't you so lucky??

Re: NamGrunt...

Originally posted by CAS3
    Sorry for the delay in my response...

I am a disabled wartime veteran. I was discharged medically on Feb 1 1991.
    I too do not believe in milking the system.
    That is why I am Chief of Claims at the Board of Veterans Appeals!!
    I have dealt with more PTSD claims than anyone I know.
    Therapy is great if you get what you need out of it. Forget what anyone else is trying to get and work on being selfish...Work on you and you alone andyou will get as much out of it as you put in.

About those OTHER vets... Trust me I have had many clients from the same "group' with the same story. They were trying to get over on me...I kicked their asses out. I may be young, a woman, and not a combat vet but I am not gullable or stupid.

Bruce, if you were not on recruiting duty, we would never have met. Aren't you so lucky??
    Well thank ya for yer service Bro'ette.....and it looks like yer still serving....don't let none o them wannabe sum*****es thru the wire !!!

gulf war

yes i was there 8 hard months worth trained a lot but didnt see any action. was with 1st bn 2nd marines north carolina . west coast seen a bit of action. and i was very scared i was a co GYSGT it wasnt fun or funny, was on the USS Okinowa boiler blew up while leaving Bahrain lost of navy men lost their lives . wasnt too good for the morale of the ship either. im glad i got the chance to fight for my country thats what it all about freedom, some dont know that and some do all i wanted to do was to bring back everyone in my company home alive and we did at that . sempers ill never forget what i seen and heard and i would go in a heartbeat any day at all once a marine always a marine semper-fi all GYsgt john w petitt Ret

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was there with 4th MARDIV 3/23 Wpns Co 81's detached out to 2/4 and then deteched to 10th Trucks. My advise to everyone is DO NOT learn how to drive a stick shift in a 6-by while driving through a mine field and while taking incoming arty rounds. Semper Fi . Dave out.

Smile Forever A MARINE

WE Flew In Style to this airfield ALJABER IN KUWAIT
    WE SET UP FARP SITE FOR SUPER COBRAS.
    AND WE CLEARD IRAQI BUNKERS AND SWEPT FOR MINES AND BOOBY TRAPS.
    IT WAS HOT AS THE KITCHEN STOVE WHEN WE ARRIVED.
    SMOKE SO THICK YOU COULD CUT WITH A KNIFE.
    ALOT WENT ON I COULDNT GET IT ALL ON HERE.

SEMPER FI MARINES:bandit:

Thread Information