Female general takes over Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote---"The Marine Corps has the foresight to put round pegs in round holes--"

When I read this in a speech by a Maj Gen it caused me to pause. "Foresight"? Good grief, every seventeen year old with raging hormones knows this concept well! I would interpet that as the Gen saying in a subtle way, "It's not the brightest thing that the Corps has ever done".
    Maybe he just got his "digs" in---LOL.

Physics 101

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Epeg.jpg‎
Views:	105
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	4364  

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wtf?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When it really comes down to it, who cares whether CG MCRD is male or female? The CG has other hats, including recruiting, which is probably the prime focus of that job. She also has a recruiting background.

The CG has the CO RTR to run actual recruit training. At San Diego, from this level downward it should be only males.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36
    When it really comes down to it, who cares whether CG MCRD is male or female? The CG has other hats, including recruiting, which is probably the prime focus of that job. She also has a recruiting background.

The CG has the CO RTR to run actual recruit training. At San Diego, from this level downward it should be only males.

that was what i was thinking about as soon as i read this.

It don't matter one little bit. This Marine General has proven herself through the ranks, and probably has been through more scrutiny than her male counterparts. Remember the oath that we have taken and the part that goes "and obey the orders of the President of the United States, and the Officers appointed over me".

Nothing there about male or female...So the first word outa your mouth should be Ma'am and the last word should be Ma'am.

nuff said.....

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Usmc

MA'AM EXCUSE ME WHILE THIS MARINE,GOES TO THE CRAPPER'MA'AM, I CAN DROP A LINE TO GENERAL PACE,AND REQUEST YOU ~CAPT.LDO~AS HER NEW DRIVER ,SEEM'S AS THOUGH TRIANGLE,HAS PUT THE ZAP OF LIGHT OF DAY ON YOU'R HEAD~MARINE!LMAO,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL - let me guess Fistfu68 - I bet you're one of them old salts that don't think women should be in "your" Marine Corps, huh? It's OK - all of us through the years have LOVED supportin' you from the rear.

And Capt - I wasn't going to say it but since you brought it up..............you're right, this lady HAS gone through more scrutiny than her male counterparts. All of us WMs have listened to it for as long as we've been able to enter the Corps - a lot of us it doesn't bother, it doesn't make us mad at any of the men that ever said "they don't belong in MY Corps". Some (like the General), it puts a vengence in to make it just as high up the chain as they can - and, contrary to popular belief, I'm sure she's not a dyke and she probably didn't screw her way up the ranks. Some women just want to be good Marines.

Semper Fi and IYAOYAS!

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    MA'AM EXCUSE ME WHILE THIS MARINE,GOES TO THE CRAPPER'MA'AM, I CAN DROP A LINE TO GENERAL PACE,AND REQUEST YOU ~CAPT.LDO~AS HER NEW DRIVER ,SEEM'S AS THOUGH TRIANGLE,HAS PUT THE ZAP OF LIGHT OF DAY ON YOU'R HEAD~MARINE!LMAO,
    Dang FIST, If you dont agreejust say so,no sense in sugar coating it...get to the point

Quote Originally Posted by LDO Capt
    It don't matter one little bit. This Marine General has proven herself through the ranks, and probably has been through more scrutiny than her male counterparts. Remember the oath that we have taken and the part that goes "and obey the orders of the President of the United States, and the Officers appointed over me".

Nothing there about male or female...So the first word outa your mouth should be Ma'am and the last word should be Ma'am.

nuff said.....

Got to disagree Sir. It was pointed out that the Gen is a "female". That the Gen is "Latino". That the Gen is "5 ft tall". To notice that equals "slack" as "it must have been harder for you so you did better".
    She put ice on her knees after a hump? Where did the ice come from?
    Got to disagree Sir.

OMG wheres the popcorn??

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Got You'r Sunglasses On~hollywood?

I LOVE WOMEN MARINE'S! THE LEFT COAST THING IS FRIGGIN,OUTSTANDING~A WOOKIE RUNNING MCRD~SAN DIEGO,IS OUT OF A HOLLYWOOD SCRIPT! I REALLY AM STILL LAUGHING MY AZZ OFF!!! RESPECTFULLY~AKA.~FISTFU!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You guys.............

Oh, come on Marines. Remember, she worked for the rank and undoubtedly deserves the promotion. I, for another one, am PROUD. SF
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    You guys.............

Quote Originally Posted by Arlene Horton
    Oh, come on Marines. Remember, she worked for the rank and undoubtedly deserves the promotion. I, for another one, am PROUD. SF

I do agree that she worked hard for promotion.

Thread Information