Dont join the Corps - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    So what is a CEO but a patsy for corporate group think. A CEO side by side with a Marine? No contest! Legend has it that Marines go on to own their own companies and enterprises at a much higher rate than civilians with no service and other branches of the Armed Forces. Autonomous independent thinking creates real men. Ask Mr. Smith who founded FED-EX. A Marine. Tell your daddy to go micro-manage somebody, Marines can think for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by laverne 4
    I am wondering about the graduation, when he becomes a Marine does he write us and tell us he is graduating or does the Drill Instructor? I assume the parents and family members are given enough warning to get a motel room and make plans to go there, I was jsut curious Laverne
    Its a small world, I see that your from Kingman Kansas, I just retired from recruiting duty in Wichita. As far as graduation your son and his recruiter will already have that when he ships, the only way that would change is if he gets hurt or fails a part of recruit training. If you need any info as a parent there is a huge network of Marine parents, etc. The best one that I recommend is to get in touch with a gentleman by the name of MAX BEERUP, he is a parent support rep and is very well known west of the Mississippi. He lives in Kansas City Mo and has helped over 50,000 parents of Marines since the early 90s, he has his own website and works with all the recruiting districts, he is a VIP at MCRD. He personally provides you with info on schedules. motels, and gives you allot of extra tidbits. I dont know where your son enlisted, every recruiting office NCOIC has info on Max. Max is a personal friend of mine so I will give you his info.( I guess I kind of started this because I recruited his son in 1987, although it Max who came up with the idea because he was lost in San Deigo) Max travels around the country talking to Marine, parents etc. He doesnt get paid for this, he is just a class act . Hopefully he can help you. Here is his info:

Max Beerup
    8836 North Locust
    Kansas City, Mo. 64155
    (816) 436 - 7104
    usmcmaxinkc@aol.com

Tell him that MSgt Tom McGlasson referred you, Good Luck

Hi, I must have put the wrong state I am from Kingman AZ but I live in Phx AZ now, all I know is that i am very proud of my son this is what he wanted to do since before Sr. yr in high school. nice talking to you. Laverne

Poor?

If the military was for the poor, they wouldn't make too much money. Your dad probably was a draft dodger and ran around Canada with Bill.

Your Dad is an "elitist". When I joined my Dad was the same way. He had actually gone through OCS, but had a thing against enlisted men. I joined (had to forge his signature because I was only 17), and he got over it. Sometimes when were on the top, or on the bottom of societies food chain people become "classes" rather than just people, and we try to justify how we behave by what class we belong to.

AHHH Parents...

Isn't it funny how overprotective and ignorant parents can be? My Dad was a squid from 64-69 and all he ever told me about the corps was how he saw load after load of them being brought out of the Nam all shot up from the fight. But a funny thing happened, I joined earned my stripes, and I'll be damned if I never saw a prouder look in my dad's eyes than the day he was able to pin my Corporal stripes on me in front of my company. He still talked about that day more than any other right to the day he passed away. I say just give your parents time and stay true to the creed, God, corps, and country. They'll come around.

Semper FI!!

It's An Honor To Serve Ones Country

It is a sad truth, but there are many Americans who feel the same way. Especially those who have been used to the so called "Silver Spoon"...

Let your dad know that he has the freedom to feel and express his feelings the way he does because of the courage of Marines, sailors, airmen, and doggies that have been willing to sacrifice their lives so he would be free.

Courage is not just for the under priviledged. Courage comes in may shapes, sizes and tax brackets.

Do not let anyone, especially your family, dictate what is right for you. If you do, you will live your life woundering if you did the right thing.

Remember, god put each of us on this earth for a specific reason. Follow your heart. You will make the right choice.

Semper Fi Brother

Gy K

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Listen: Your father is probably just trying to protect his son from the big, bad U.S Marines. When he sees you squared away at Boot Camp graduation, though, it'll be impossible not to love each and every one of them.

I'm not poor, but I'm not rich: I'm upper-middle class. I've met a guy who would have had a Fortune 500 by the age of 25, but he gave that up. You know why? Because he's a hero. He saw what happens when evil men strike America, and he said"Not ever again, not on my watch."

Thread Information