Dont join the Corps - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I got only one negative comment when I enlisted. My friend who had signed up in the Army said something like, "You must be crazy." After I went thru boot camp and he went into basic training he had nothing but positive things to say about the Corps and those who are serving in it. He always said he knew it took a whole lot more to become a Marine then it did to be an Army dog. My wife, who served in the Army, has also said these types of things and after she graduated basic training always wished that she had gone into the Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Rest In Peace Corporol

by yellowwing - Cpl. Phillip E. Baucus, 28, of Wolf Creek, Mont., died July 29 while conducting combat operations in Al Anbar province, Iraq. He was assigned to 3rd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Twentynine Palms, Calif.
    My heart and prayers go out to the Senator and his entire family in their hour of grief. I also ask the heavenly father to watch over the Marines of 3rd LAR until they return home to us in early October. For those who dont know 3rd LAR has suffered 4 KIA and I assume several WIA in the last few days. We have two members that we all watched grow from Poolees to Marines serving with 3rd LAR and it sounds like they can use all of our thoughts and prayers at this time.

Semper Fi

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    My heart and prayers go out to the Senator and his entire family in their hour of grief. I also ask the heavenly father to watch over the Marines of 3rd LAR until they return home to us in early October. For those who dont know 3rd LAR has suffered 4 KIA and I assume several WIA in the last few days. We have two members that we all watched grow from Poolees to Marines serving with 3rd LAR and it sounds like they can use all of our thoughts and prayers at this time.

Semper Fi

Jim
    Those prayers and thoughts are on their way.. God Bless 'Em!

Motivated,

-Jon

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm a mom of a Marine in the 3rd LAR. I want to thank all of you for your prayers for our sons. My heart breaks for the families of the 4 young heros and we pray that they find the strength to get through this. I haven't heard from my son for a couple of weeks, but I understand that no news is good news.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Our prayers are with you and all your son's unit. The Few, the Proud, the Blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by pscolvin
    I'm a mom of a Marine in the 3rd LAR. I want to thank all of you for your prayers for our sons. My heart breaks for the families of the 4 young heros and we pray that they find the strength to get through this. I haven't heard from my son for a couple of weeks, but I understand that no news is good news.
    You are VERY WELCOME. There is no need to thank us, though, Ma'am. Your son is a Marine.. and I am a Wannabe Marine.. there are many fellow Wananbe's and Pool(ee)'s who are striving to become what your Son has become.. a MARINE.

Your son, being a Marine, I consider him a future Brother to me.. so prayers and thoughts to the Marines over in Iraq and wherever they may be.. goes without asking or thanks.

God Bless You, and your Son, Ma'am!

Motivated,

-Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jm4magic
    I want to know what some of the criticism you poolies are receiving from so called friends and family. I’ll start first. My father is a rich man; he is the owner and CEO of a corporation. He told me, he would be embarrassed to show his face to the public because his son enlisted in the Marine Corps. When asked why, he said only poor people join the military
    Ask him if he has ever heard of FDR who's son was Marine Hero, how about Sen John McCain, presidential candidate, senator. And Tom Monahan who is a multi millionaire, former Marine and his son was a Marine PFC, he also owned and started Dominoes Pizza, Lil Ceasures, and owned the Detroit Tigers and Detroit Red Wings. These are just a few I could go on and talk about Fortune 500 companies etc.. Let your Dad know that the Corps only makes you better.

TKMAC58

Quote Originally Posted by tkmac58
    Ask him if he has ever heard of FDR who's son was Marine Hero, how about Sen John McCain, presidential candidate, senator. And Tom Monahan who is a multi millionaire, former Marine and his son was a Marine PFC, he also owned and started Dominoes Pizza, Lil Ceasures, and owned the Detroit Tigers and Detroit Red Wings. These are just a few I could go on and talk about Fortune 500 companies etc.. Let your Dad know that the Corps only makes you better.

TKMAC58
    McCain's son just went to boot camp.

TKMAC58

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    FedEx Corporation

FREDERICK W. SMITH
    Chairman, President, Chief Executive Officer

Frederick W. Smith is chairman, president and chief executive officer of FedEx Corporation, a $32-billion global transportation, business services and logistics company.

Born in 1944 in Marks, Miss., Smith attended Yale University, where he earned a B.A. in 1966. Smith served as an officer in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1966-1970.

Quote Originally Posted by wsimkins
    And how many Marines might that be that you know? Probably 1 or 2. They are what we call Sh*t Birds in the Corps! They probably joined for the money or had a worthless recruiter that sold them on the technical aspects of their MOS. These recruiters exist and they will say anything to fill their quotas and not get a bad FitRep.

When I joined the Corps our country was not at war! When the sh*t hit the fan in Beirut I was quick to volunteer for deployment! Even though I had joined for a technical MOS, I still wanted the chance to go romp some raghead A**!

When we were evacuating several Embassies in Monrovia, Liberia during their revolution in 1990 I was a Sergeant of Marines and had troops that would wine and complain. They said they joined the Corps during peace time to earn the money for college. I simply told them they should've joined the Army or Navy. In the Corps you represent God & Country. USMC - U Signed The M-F'in Contract, shut up and fight! The same with the Sh*t Birds you know... What they need is a real good blanket party.

Associate yourself with real Marines and you will be a real Marine one day. Associate yourself with sh*tbirds and you will become one.

That's all I have to say!

Semper Fi,

Sgt. Simkins
    Or they could of had a good recuiter who sold them nothing but the intangibles of the Corps, and when they got in the Fleet they had a ****ed up NCO, SNCO or OFFICER giving them a hard time or *****ing, it isnt always the recruiter there devildog. A recruiter is the first line of excuses, they are told at every level of the process, ie NCOIC breif, Meps, Operations, Moment of truth x 2 the hard facts od Matine life and what really happens, a recruiter becomes out of sight out of mind..

TKMAC58

I just saw that to !

TKMAC58

I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart to each and every one of you. I have to say I did not expect, at all, this type of camaraderie and love from all of you; I do not deserve any of this. I can’t thank you enough you have taken your precious time to respond to my problems. I am forever in depth. May God bless all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by jm4magic
    I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart to each and every one of you. I have to say I did not expect, at all, this type of camaraderie and love from all of you; I do not deserve any of this. I can’t thank you enough you have taken your precious time to respond to my problems. I am forever in depth. May God bless all of you!
    Hey, brother.. it's nothing. Ya'll are considered by me, my brothers and sisters, we're all working for one thing.. that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor!

No one can take that similarity between all of us away.. NO ONE! MOTO!!!

Motivated,

-Jon

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    And once you get it - NOBODY on God's green earth can take it from you.

wooot

Thread Information