*Special* Daily Motivational - 8/9/06
Create Post

Exclamation *Special* Daily Motivational - 8/9/06

DAILY MOTIVATIONAL - AUGUST 9TH, 2006.

Thinking Of Our Times
    by (our very own) JWG

As I sit here, in my confy computer chair.. a TV blaring in this room, a second in the other, I am completely in exstacy. I am FREE.. I do not have bombs blowing up around me.. my buddies screaming out to my right and left and there is not a thing I can do.

No. I am in my confy computer chair, sitting here typing this very thread, because of the Freedom I have from that chaos just imagined and experienced by many before me, currently, and most likely experienced by myself in the future as we do not know it. Most likely hellish.

Despite all the coushined couches, blaring TV's, cold glasses of milk; orange juice; or water. Hell, if you want, you can pick up some Coca-Cola or Pepsi.. or Sprite if you choose, although I would not pick any of them. We can choose that, because, of the FREEDOM we have.. and it CERTAINLY isnt free.

Many times, and it is not uncommon WHAT-SO-EVER.. I will imagine how the future will be. It is a very big possibility at this rate.. that we will be picking up arms and defending this country on our very lands and not on others.. or be at far away lands fighting. I picture the bombs, and overhead gunfire, and the rest of the all-so-real possibilities that the conflicts are going get a whole lot worse.. real fast.

Although there are others like me, preparing for the very possible future that is ahead of us.. there are MANY MORE people who sit in their confy chairs, sofa's, and watch their MTV on their Television sets.. and that is ALL FINE AND DANDY.

The thing that seperates that and the rest of us who see the possible future, and are CONCERNED and do not IGNORE it in everyday life.. is the fact that THEY IGNORE IT! They may very well have considered the dangers that lie ahead.. and here is where we differ.

THEY consider it.. see it.. and then decide to IGNORE IT and cushion themselves in the safety that is NOW.. and not preparing for the danger that is the FUTURE.

Myself and many others like me.. see it, many many times.. and they DO SOMETHING about it. Now, that doesn't mean you need to go and enlist in the Marine Corps.. no not at all. That would mean the Marine Corps is not, "The Few, The Proud."

Supporting your troops.. voting for leaders who represent our country who will do the BEST JOB to keep it safe and allow the Marines and Soliders and Militarymen and women of America to keep it... A-M-E-R-I-C-A. That is just one in MANY others ways to DO SOMETHING about our future.

God Bless the United States of America.

But most of all..

GOD BLESS THE MARINE CORPS and those who are the Marine Corps who allow there to be such a thing as..

[IMG]images/smilies/flag.gifThe UNITED STATES OF A-M-E-R-I-C-A!images/smilies/flag.gif[/IMG]

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!

MOTIVATED,

-Jon [IMG]images/smilies/iwo.gif[/IMG]

Last edited by jinelson; 08-09-06 at 09:49 AM.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Outstanding Jon, very motivating.

Every day I think about the freedoms that we all have and what it took to gain that freedom. And everyday I thank God and all the men and women that serve and sacrifice EVERYDAY so that you and I may remain free. I have the utmost respect for all of ours that stand a post and say "Not on my watch" so that we can sleep well at night.
    It is true that there are people out there who decide to ignore the trouble in this world. It goes back to another motivating thread JWG started titled "Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs". These people are sheep, plain and simple. But WE are sheepdogs! All those that have earned the title have protected our freedoms and we should be VERY grateful. All of the poolees are preparing themselves for the transformation into warriorhood, and one day soon will also be protecting our freedoms, and we should be grateful to them as well. Then there are those like you and I Jon, who recognize their sacrifice and are willing and plan to do the same for them and our fellow Americans, whether they be sheep or fellow sheepdogs.
    It is too often forgotten that many a sheepdog before us gave up ALL OF THEIR TOMARROWS FOR OUR TODAY.
    Semper Fidelis - Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow
    by David Bounds

From battlefields of the past
    To those currently in the news
    Marines have fought to defend our land
    And to protect our Liberties
    Uncommon Valor is that common thread
    That runs throughout The Corps
    Binding each generation of new Marines
    With those who have gone before
    Where do they come from
    And why do they fight
    always willing to pay the price
    For freedom isn't free my friend
    It often requires the ultimate sacrifice

From the Halls of Montezuma
    To the Shores of Tripoli
    And on to the beaches of World War II
    Marines have fought for me
    They overcame the frozen hell
    Of the Chosin Reservoir
    Marines battled and bled in the jungles
    Of a distant land called Vietnam
    In Lebanon they came in peace
    But terrorists would not reason
    And the bombing of the Beirut barracks
    Placed more Marines on Guard Duty in Heaven

Today's Marines continue the fight
    And pay the price for Freedom
    Many have bled and many have died
    In the current War on Terror
    Though some have questioned the job they do
    And may even view them with hate
    These brave Marines continue to serve
    And courageously fight our battles
    They are warriors who aren't appreciated
    Yet they realize their mission is vital
    These Marines are now and always will be
    Deserving of America's honor

Zack:

You truly are a Brother to me, as all of the other Poolee's and Wannabe's are!

Thank you for the all the more motivating reply and addition of yours. You know it is greatly appreciated!

God Bless You ALL! STAY MOTIVATED, NOW!

Motivated,

-Jon

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I like this moto post, its the best you have submitted so far because its not someone else's words but your own.

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    I like this moto post, its the best you have submitted so far because its not someone else's words but your own.
    Thank you, SSgt!

I get those kind of thoughts that I can type out once in a blue moon.. or every day. It's very random, and has no apparent order when they pop up.

Glad you enjoyed it, SSgt! Hopefully everyone else will enjoy it, as well.

Motivated,

-Jon

Good work jon! You're a real class act and have a way of seeing things how they truly are. Sometimes it's simply more inspiring to hear someone's words in the first account.

'nuff said.

-Jeff

Excellent post JWG, and the SSgt is right, what makes it such a great read is that the words are yours.

Semper Fi and keep'em PUMPED UP

Thread Information