The United Nations - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    From my perspective, good things George Bush Junior had done:

1. Reached out to the general Muslim community, treating them with respect, and identifying the terrorists as those who would hijack at religion of peace.
    2. Attempted a "No Child Left Behind" education philosophy.
    3. Not changed the support philosophy behind Taiwan.

What do you think are his three best accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmsteinbach
    I am a Christian. I'm on the inside, and a student of objective study of Christianity, it's history and place in the world. Did you know that there are currently 35,000 versions of Christianity in the world today? 35,000. The "Christian Right" in America is supporting the creation and sustaining of a Rightist/Fascist government. This is what occurred in Germany and Italy in the rise of those powers that caused WWII. Is that what you want? Do we trade off saving 1,000,000 unborn babies and lose the world, now at ~8,000,000,000,000 (it may be 6,000,000,000)? What gives you the Right? Political power? This is why our Founders divided Church and State. They understood the problems of organized religion dictating government policies, and wanted to keep them separate? Let's bow to their wisdom.

By the way, the first shots fired in our American Revolution were fired in Massachusetts at Haymarket Square, Lexington, and Concord. People from Massachusetts love this country, stand up for what is right, the poor, the weak, and yell bloody murder when governmental stupidity rears its head, here or elsewhere.
    Ladderwell

You have a great education, yes one that I could not stand against in a trade of words. I think that we agree on more then we disagree but the solutions that you offer such as, "a change of goverment", little reguard for the helpless unborn and what we must do to stop terror in America are the things that we differ on. Do I think that we should have started with Iraq? No, but I do not pretend to know the reason why we did. We must have some sort of faith that our government has made choices to invade Iraq based upon information that we do not know. I would only guess that it was the most liberal part of Arabia and we spectulated that we would be received better then we have been.

1. His ability to take us out of a recession bugun by or started during the previous administration and further helped out by the 9/11 attacks.
    2. His ability to stand by his positions, viewed either right or wrong by Americans. Such as his stance on fighting terror. We can all disagree on the right or wrong way in which he did it but he has stood his ground never once asking to see what the polls told him to do.
    3. Agree with you on the "no child left behind" policy.

From my perspective, good things George Bush Junior had done:

1. Reached out to the general Muslim community, treating them with respect, and identifying the terrorists as those who would hijack at religion of peace.
    2. Attempted a "No Child Left Behind" education philosophy.
    3. Not changed the support philosophy behind Taiwan.

What do you think are his three best accomplishment.

Are you serious ? why is it every admin. talks about education and nothing truely gets done,matter of fact, chit gets cut.When you say his philosophy of No child left behind,you mean the ones who have 6th,7th,8th,9th grade educations but get full ride scholarships to major universites when my daughter who carries a 4.0 gpa could'nt get jack diddley chit, one who went to get a student loan by her lonesome but was denied because mom and pops made to much $$(Dont worry I'm paying for it) and as far as supporting someother country,hell that a smoke screen.Supporting could mean several different ways, verbally,militarly,fianacially,blah,blah.How many admins have said the same crap over the yrs. ?? (ALL OF EM)SF MG

Quote Originally Posted by greensideout
    You have a great education, yes one that I could not stand against in a trade of words. I think that we agree on more then we disagree but the solutions that you offer such as, "a change of goverment", little reguard for the helpless unborn and what we must do to stop terror in America are the things that we differ on. Do I think that we should have started with Iraq? No, but I do not pretend to know the reason why we did. We must have some sort of faith that our government has made choices to invade Iraq based upon information that we do not know. I would only guess that it was the most liberal part of Arabia and we spectulated that we would be received better then we have been.
    Hi Greensideout,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, there are some tough decisions. We are privliged (sic) to live in a part of the world where life is precious. It shapes our perspective, but in many areas of the world, "life is cheap," and they do not feel the same way as we do. They cannot. Overpopulation has caused civilizations to disappear, as resources were used to support them.

Nevertheless, I feel just the opposite. I am anti-abortion in all but extrememe circumstances (rape, incest, danger to the life of the mother), but regardless of my personal opinion, if electing a president or any candidate strictly because he is pro-life or anti-gay marriage, and in doing so will add to the problem of global mismanagement and millions of deaths, or the destuction of the environment in which we live, I have a choice, do I save the one today or the millions tomorrow? Tough choice, but we need someone with the wisdom of Solomon in power. We simply do not have that, and his "ministers" are leading him and us down a path of destruction.

Iraq had nothing to do with terror in the world, especially in America. What are we doing there, and are we to reward those who put us there by electing them AGAIN? Do me wrong once, shame on you, do me wrong twice, shame on me. Do me wrong a third time....not on my watch..not if I can help it.

Peace.
    :=)

davidmsteinbach----your profile pic----Mauser 98?

Quote Originally Posted by rktect3j
    1. His ability to take us out of a recession bugun by or started during the previous administration and further helped out by the 9/11 attacks.
    2. His ability to stand by his positions, viewed either right or wrong by Americans. Such as his stance on fighting terror. We can all disagree on the right or wrong way in which he did it but he has stood his ground never once asking to see what the polls told him to do.
    3. Agree with you on the "no child left behind" policy.
    Interesting:

1. The country has been experiencing a standard business cycle. This country has had a recession every 10 years since 1890. No surprises there. However, the current uptick in economic numbers has not been reflected in real earnings by the average Joe. People have lost ground since this administration has come in. More unemployed, or rendered unemployable, millions more without healthcare benefits.

2. His ability to stand by his positions is what frightens me the most. Plenty of new information has come up that directly impact the foundation of his position, and yet he has not changed a bit. He's more of a person who is incapable of taking in new information that affects the foundation of his positions but has been unable to process it and react accordingly. Winston Churchill stated that "a man who receives new fundamental information and does not change, is of no use to me."

3. The No Child Left Behind policy does not have the financial support behind the mandate. Nice idea, far from a success, and far from saying that it will be a success. My degree is in education, and I've been a teacher for 17 years.

Keep the Faith.
    SF
    Ladderwell

Interesting:

1. The country has been experiencing a standard business cycle. This country has had a recession every 10 years since 1890. No surprises there. However, the current uptick in economic numbers has not been reflected in real earnings by the average Joe. People have lost ground since this administration has come in. More unemployed, or rendered unemployable, millions more without healthcare benefits.

2. His ability to stand by his positions is what frightens me the most. Plenty of new information has come up that directly impact the foundation of his position, and yet he has not changed a bit. He's more of a person who is incapable of taking in new information that affects the foundation of his positions but has been unable to process it and react accordingly. Winston Churchill stated that "a man who receives new fundamental information and does not change, is of no use to me."

3. The No Child Left Behind policy does not have the financial support behind the mandate. Nice idea, far from a success, and far from saying that it will be a success. My degree is in education, and I've been a teacher for 17 years.

Keep the Faith.
    SF
    Ladderwell
    1. I'll diagree with you on that. Maybe it is cyclicale but we were heading down when he was elected and 9/11 could have sent us into a depression. That is a could have. I believe we were spared that. My opinion. As to the average Joe. My name is Joe and I can tell you that I am way ahead as are all my friends. The unemployement rate hasn't changed all that much to be of much concearn. When it gets to double digits then we can talk about that point. Until then. Pfft. Also, homeownership is at all time highs. We all have more today.
    2. I can agree that there are times when Bush stands his position too long. Won't go into details but you need to know when to pull back and rethink things. There is point though of rethinking things that gets rediculous. A presidetn needs to lead and you can't do that by watching polls as to what your opinion today is going to be.
    3. My agreement is with the attempt of it. The followthru?? I don't really know what went wrong. Something I should look into.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    World's coming to an end... : /

Quote Originally Posted by marinegreen
    Are you serious ? why is it every admin. talks about education and nothing truely gets done,matter of fact, chit gets cut.When you say his philosophy of No child left behind,you mean the ones who have 6th,7th,8th,9th grade educations but get full ride scholarships to major universites when my daughter who carries a 4.0 gpa could'nt get jack diddley chit, one who went to get a student loan by her lonesome but was denied because mom and pops made to much $$(Dont worry I'm paying for it) and as far as supporting someother country,hell that a smoke screen.Supporting could mean several different ways, verbally,militarly,fianacially,blah,blah.How many admins have said the same crap over the yrs. ?? (ALL OF EM)SF MG

Howdy,

Tough ride, but with a 4.0, she will be fine in the long run, a strong investment has already been made in terms of your blood, sweat and tears, not to mention your good example.

I did my college on the GI Bill, as did my son.

I know that some people have received husses because of race, color and/or creed. There was a lot of flak given to Affirmative Action Programs because they favored "people of color," and who got breaks ahead of some others who were academically more gifted. My only take on that is that black people were enslaved in this country for 300 years, dividing families, debasing them as people, and making it illegal for them to read and write. We, as a nation, benefitted from this, but it was on their enslaved backs. The Affirmative Action programs in this country were begun to right the wrongs. In my opinion, because we kept the down for 300 years, we have to sacrafice and give them an "edge" for an equal number of years, 300. Our Affirmative Action programs came under attack from the beginning, and they have suffered very serious defeats since the Republicans came into power. As a People, the black population needs to be given back their 300 years in order to rebuild their family structure, sense of responsibility, cohesion, and place in society. Many non-Blacks have to suffer to give back that which was taken from their race for so many centuries. It may be my children or yours, your brother who wants to be a fireman or policeman, etc. It's only fair.

Regardless, good luck to your daughter in school. She'll do fine.

Keep the Faith.
    Ladderwell

Quote Originally Posted by rktect3j
    1. I'll diagree with you on that. Maybe it is cyclicale but we were heading down when he was elected and 9/11 could have sent us into a depression. That is a could have. I believe we were spared that. My opinion. As to the average Joe. My name is Joe and I can tell you that I am way ahead as are all my friends. The unemployement rate hasn't changed all that much to be of much concearn. When it gets to double digits then we can talk about that point. Until then. Pfft. Also, homeownership is at all time highs. We all have more today.
    2. I can agree that there are times when Bush stands his position too long. Won't go into details but you need to know when to pull back and rethink things. There is point though of rethinking things that gets rediculous. A presidetn needs to lead and you can't do that by watching polls as to what your opinion today is going to be.
    3. My agreement is with the attempt of it. The followthru?? I don't really know what went wrong. Something I should look into.
    Howdy,

Lots of people have left the unemployment rolls because their benefits ran out, and they have just given up on finding work. The double digits are probably in all reality "there." Many other good people willing to work hard are under-employed, and find it extremely tough to make it on 2 paychecks, especially when trying to raise a couple of kids. The bucks just aren't there...yet.

That being said, the defense companies are doing a booming business. Do we need another war to pull us out of an economic slump? WWII worked pretty well, though it cost over 26,000,000 lives worldwide. Maybe that was worth the tradeoff.

I agree with you on politicians moving their positions with the polls. They have to ***** themselves out in order to get elected. Bush and his machine did a darn good job of manipulating the voting public to form a winning coalition. Though the coalition has possbily caused the greatest mistake in the history of the United States, I do acknowledge the and tip my hat to their effectiveness.

Gotta git.

G'night.

Semper Fi
    Peace
    Ladderwell

Howdy,

Lots of people have left the unemployment rolls because their benefits ran out, and they have just given up on finding work. The double digits are probably in all reality "there." Many other good people willing to work hard are under-employed, and find it extremely tough to make it on 2 paychecks, especially when trying to raise a couple of kids. The bucks just aren't there...yet.

That being said, the defense companies are doing a booming business. Do we need another war to pull us out of an economic slump? WWII worked pretty well, though it cost over 26,000,000 lives worldwide. Maybe that was worth the tradeoff.

I agree with you on politicians moving their positions with the polls. They have to ***** themselves out in order to get elected. Bush and his machine did a darn good job of manipulating the voting public to form a winning coalition. Though the coalition has possbily caused the greatest mistake in the history of the United States, I do acknowledge the and tip my hat to their effectiveness.

Gotta git.

G'night.

Semper Fi
    Peace
    Ladderwell
    I apologize for my deleted expletive. I should have said "sell themselves"

Quote Originally Posted by greensideout
    davidmsteinbach----your profile pic----Mauser 98?

Ok, one last time. Your profile picture looks to be a German Mauser 98 action. Is there a message that you are sending with that or was it just some random pull off of the net? Do you enjoy the study of firearms prehaps? Maybe you are a gunsmith as well as a teacher. If so, I would like to swap stories.

Back to the subject. The UN is such a joke that the world community most likely laughs at the crooks. They are powerless in any and every conflict that they have tried to suck money from. It is time for the US to step forward and get something done---just exactly what President Bush and Israel are doing now!
    The Brits are in the fight and I give those troops my support as well!

Howdy,

Tough ride, but with a 4.0, she will be fine in the long run, a strong investment has already been made in terms of your blood, sweat and tears, not to mention your good example.

I did my college on the GI Bill, as did my son.

I know that some people have received husses because of race, color and/or creed. There was a lot of flak given to Affirmative Action Programs because they favored "people of color," and who got breaks ahead of some others who were academically more gifted. My only take on that is that black people were enslaved in this country for 300 years, dividing families, debasing them as people, and making it illegal for them to read and write. We, as a nation, benefitted from this, but it was on their enslaved backs. The Affirmative Action programs in this country were begun to right the wrongs. In my opinion, because we kept the down for 300 years, we have to sacrafice and give them an "edge" for an equal number of years, 300. Our Affirmative Action programs came under attack from the beginning, and they have suffered very serious defeats since the Republicans came into power. As a People, the black population needs to be given back their 300 years in order to rebuild their family structure, sense of responsibility, cohesion, and place in society. Many non-Blacks have to suffer to give back that which was taken from their race for so many centuries. It may be my children or yours, your brother who wants to be a fireman or policeman, etc. It's only fair.

Regardless, good luck to your daughter in school. She'll do fine.

Keep the Faith.
    Ladderwell

Ooooo brother pleeezzzz, surely you jest ??? Lets cut the crap how we owe some race for something that happened 141 yrs ago, they have as all kids have the same chance at good grades as joechit the ragman does. What your all for arbritration tooo ?? where are we to get all this $$ for this ????. You know how many kids get free scholarships and only have 9th grade mentality, and after there college days are back on the streets. Why should my kid who busted her lil azz studing because I told her,honey if you study hard and get good grades you can get a scholship to some of the finer colleges only to see her hopes dashed and watch as nothing but sports scholships were handed out, GIMME A FUQING BREAK !!! I guess thats why other countries are kicking our kids azz'es academically cuz edumication comes 1st. DONT GET ME WRONG..........I love my sports and yes I like to see athletic scholships handed out,but give it to those who have decent grades though and quit using that whoaaaaa is me attitude, I r not smart enough to study and apply myself so things should just be handed to me.

or my forefathers were slaves and therefore you owe us for the next 159 yrs,thats right 159,its been 141 and some say we should be owed for 300 yrs. I guess from here on out,our govt should just say,if you are a decendant of slaves you dont bother appling yourselfs for the next 159 yrs,wait until after that time frame. Then our govt can say to the Indians,OK yer next,heres all your land back that we took from you,then it'll be the Mexicans,then we'll be paying back the Japs for kicking there azz'es in a war that they started,then we'll have to payback the germans for kicking there azz'es, I mean lets get real, yer almost making me feel like a minority,hey wait a min. I like that, guess my govt owes me too then huh ??? MG, SF

Thread Information