New Guy
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy

Registered User Free Member Major Mustang's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

New Guy

Have been lurking here a few times and decided it was time to introduce myself. First, yes I really am a mustang Major. I enlised in 1955, PISC. Was a scoop dope at New River. Extended for Embassy Duty, Baghdad, Iraq 1957-1960. Returned to CONUS with less than 90 days and was immediately discharged. Joined Reserves in W. Palm Beach, infantry. Lasted 94 days and on the 95th I re-enlisted. MASS-1 Cherry Point. Applied and was accepted to OCS, Meritorous (sp?) NCO Program. Commissioned 12-16-1961. Requested artillery during TBS. Served with 4th Bn, 11th Marines, 1st MarDiv at 29 Palms. Then to 12th Mar, 3rd Mar Div, Okinawa, was XO of K-4_12. Became CO in 1964 and had the honor of commanding the battery at the landing of Chu Lai. Then a tour with MAG-24, then to the Artillery Career Course at Ft. Sill, OK. Orders to Vietnam cancelled and sent to 5th Mar Div at Pendleton. Then orders back east to Ft Bragg, Army Advisor School. No VN orders so back to Pendleton. After a month or so, orders to the Vietnamese Marine Corps as an advisor. A great tour '68-'69. Then to Quantico and War Games. In '70 my request to bootstrap was approved and I went to Park College, MO for two years. Upon graduation was ordered to MC Recruiting Station, Raleigh NC. Served there until I retired 4-76. Received my MBA from the University of Utah at Pope AFB, NC while on recruiting duty.

Okay, I think I have proved that I am who I say I am. Now can I visit with you guys now and then. Also I am a active two year member of Sgt. Grits BB. Have made the trip to Atrlington Ridge the past two years. My real name is Gary McAlpin and I live in Marietta, GA.

Semper Fidelis

Welcome aboard Major! Glad to have ya around. Grab a beer and cop a squat.

We got a good buncha Marines running around.

Welcome Home.

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Welcome Aboard Major,

We were on Oki the same time. I was there from May 60 to July 64 with a five month break to CONUS. First tour as an RTOC instructor at Camp Kinser. When I returned to marry my honey, it was to Comm Co. Hq Bn at Camp Hauge.

I loved The Rock. I spent three days there in 95. You wouldn't recognize the place. I couldn't find where I had lived in Chibana, nor could I find Camp Hauge. It is all shopping malls and apartment complexes.

We were on Recruiting Duty at the same time. My 2nd tour was March 72 -December 75. I was a line Recruiter for two years and then on the Contact Team at 12th MCD Hq.

That was a GREAT tour.

You went bootstrap in 70, I was ADCOP, 69 and 70.

Welcome Home Brother!

Mike Farrell
    Cagayan de Oro
    Philippines

(The Rock isn't The Rock any more, Mindanao is a throwback in time)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Preeeesent--Arms. Welcome aboard and welcome home Sir. Semper Fi. Dave

Cool WELCOME ABOARD

Welcome Aboard to the Best Marine Site on the net. Also welcome to your home away from home................
    We have a great crew of Marines in here from WW II to the present............
    Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile.........Get a chance stop over at the Slope Chute, Gary and I will buy you a few drinks........But watch out for Chesty.......likes his beer, only dog I found could open a beer can........LOL

"AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD AND HOME."

Sempers,

Roger

Welcome aboard Major.

I arrived at Parris Island Oct 30, 55, Platoon 169. I was also in the middle East on a deployment from Nov. 10, 56 to Feb. 4, 57.
    Karachi, Bombay, Ceylon, Singapore and Hong Kong.

Semper Fi. Major. Welcome Home

Thumbs up

Sir, I join everyone else on welcoming you to one of best Marine Corps sites on the web.
    It appears that many have one or more tours on the "Rock".
    My tour was with L/3/9 in 1958, at that time the Regtiment was at Camp Sukiran, one Marine Regtiment on an Army base.
    Spent a great deal time in Fatima.
    Again extenting a Big Welcome...

Semper Fidelis
    Ricardo

Registered User Free Member Major Mustang's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Marines, thanks for the very nice welcome aboard.

Semper Fidelis

Registered User Free Member Barndog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Welcome aboard, Sir. Damm glad to have ya here. Whatever ya do, don't let Bone's stick ya on firewatch.
    Some things Marine never leave some of us......... LOL

Semper Fidelis

Tony 'Barndog' Barnhart

Welcome aboard Major!

Registered User Free Member gemntx's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome aboard Marine! Drop by the Slop Shute later for a cold one.

Glenn

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Hand Salute

"Appropriate Greeting, Sir"

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Great to have ya here Major. I haven't been a memeber long, but come here everyday now to see what's going on. Great site.

WELCOME ABOARD

Gunner42

Welcome..........

You know the drill...........
    Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile...........
    Their is always something going on......
    The slope shute is always open.......so make sure you stop in for a couple of cold ones...........

Welcome Again!!!!!!!

Sempers,

Roger

Thread Information