Women in the Corp
Create Post
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    Women in the Corp

    I'm 16, (and a woman) and I'm planning on joining the Corp in a year. I've heard some bad things about the Marines. (i.e. Women treated as sexual objects; harassment) I'd like to hear your opinions on this. (Both Men & Women alike)

    Stahice


  2. #2
    Registered User Free Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Monroe, NC
    Posts
    2
    Credits
    560
    Savings
    0

    Hey Stahice, I was in the Corps for over 22 years. There is always going to be the 10 percent that treat our Women Marines as sexual objects, but as a whole, the Marine Corps treats their women with the respect and admiration that any other Marines earns and deserves. It is truly unfortunate that we will always have that 10 percent, but if you stand strong and unite with the other 90 percent....we can beat the harassment that is going on.

    Semper fi, and good luck to you.

    Live for today, because tomorrow may never come!


  3. #3

    Lightbulb

    STAHICE:

    JUST LIKE ANYWHERE AND ANYTHING IN LIFE, YOU WILL BE TREATED THE WAY YOU ALLOW OTHERS TO TREAT YOU. HOW ONE CONDUCT THEMSELVE DURING AND OFF HOURS CAN EFFECT HOW ONE IS LOOKED AT.
    FAR AS BEING TREATED AS A SEXUAL OBJECT, OR HARASSMENT; IF IT SHOULD HAPPEN, IT'S UP TO THE VICTIM TO MAKE SURE THAT JUSTICE IS SERVED, AND MORE THAN SLAPS ON THE WRIST ARE DONE. REGAURLESS HOW ANY MARINE FEELS ABOUT WOMEN IN THE MARINE CORPS, WE HAVE WOMEN AND THEY ARE MARINE'S AND MUST BE TREATED AS MARINES, NOT MEN OR WOMEN...AWARDS, AND PUNISHMENTS.
    SEMPER FI.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts