Jump School - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jump School

not when the mission requires it..if you are initially posted to an anglico or force recon unit

Zippo hit the nail right on the head... Do not make a determination as to whether or not you want to be one of us based upon whether or not you get to jump out of a plane. If you want to be a Marine, enlist to be a Marine, not to jump out of planes!

Quote Originally Posted by ssgtt32
    You can also become a 0451 Air Delivery Marine, do not know the MOS for Rigger, but they too are jump qualified, since too be a rigger you have to jump your own chute!

Maurice
    Actually, 0451 is Parachute Rigger. All Air Delivery Marines are riggers by MOS, AD by billet.

S/F

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking Major~malfunction~oh~chit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEM MAJOR~MALFUNCTION'S & NITE REAR LANDING FALL'S~CAN BE VERY HAZARDOUS TO YOU'R (HEALTH) S/F~

Get real?

Are there still Landing Shore Battalions (LSB)? One of my old staff NCOs was able to go to Scuba, Jump and Pathfinder schools because LSB gets a lot of seats in schools that are beneficial to advance party.

One thing I noticed that my brothers haven't mentioned. You gotta be a first class PFT'er to be considered for a trip to Benning. We had two opportunities open up when my Reserve Artillery unit was called up for the Storm. It came down to 300 pft'ers and they had to run for the tie breaker. Funny seeing cannoneers with lead sleds.

good luck!

PFC: "How many jumps to you have to make in order to get those gold wings?"
    SGT: "...All of them"

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Night Jump With Full Combat Load~ooohrah

OH & THAT EXTRA~CASH $$$$$~EVERY MONTH~MOST OF THE TIME.MADE UP FOR THAT CRASH,OF OUR BODIE'S SLAMMING INTO THE DECK!PFT STUD'S AREN'T BUILT TO HAVE OUR DICK'S PUT IN THE DIRT!!!(LMFAO) SEMPER~FORCE~10/4~20/20

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2
    Are there still Landing Shore Battalions (LSB)? One of my old staff NCOs was able to go to Scuba, Jump and Pathfinder schools because LSB gets a lot of seats in schools that are beneficial to advance party.

One thing I noticed that my brothers haven't mentioned. You gotta be a first class PFT'er to be considered for a trip to Benning. We had two opportunities open up when my Reserve Artillery unit was called up for the Storm. It came down to 300 pft'ers and they had to run for the tie breaker. Funny seeing cannoneers with lead sleds.

good luck!

PFC: "How many jumps to you have to make in order to get those gold wings?"
    SGT: "...All of them"
    Nope, LSB is no more. They became TSB (Transportation Support Bn) for a time and then disbanded. Their functions, which now reside in the MLG (Marine Logistics Group) have pretty much been divvied up or have gone away.

S/F

you know the Marine Corps offers programs for re-enlistment and stuff. I had a buddy who for his he got to go to jump school. There's different programs and they alwayws change and it's always based on your current MOS and if your unit can afford to let you go TAD somewhere. All in all its always up to your command.

But look into it there are lot sof programs they offer specially for re-enlistment.

Thread Information