Jump School
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jump School

Post Jump School

I just noticed a question about Jump School in this part of the forum and I have a question to ask. Instead of someones question of, "What MOS will I not have to go through jump school?", I want to ask, " How do I go about to get to Jump School?".

I grew up idolizing war movies and learning about World War II. One of my favorite movies to watch is Band of Brothers. I do not want to join the Army, I am set on the Marines, but I really want to go through Jump School and earn a set of jump wings to go next to my Eagle, Globe, and Anchor.

I am aware that the fastest way to accomplish this is to become Force Recon. I am wondering is there another way to earn jump wings without being Force Recon?

I understand my first goal is to just become a Marine.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Radio Recon is an alternative. you would have to be a 2600 MOS of some sort and go to a Radio Battalion and volunteer and get accepted into their Radio Recon platoon. (2600 requires a Top Secret clearance though so you would first of all need to be able to get a clearance and get accepted into one of those MOSs, preferably a 2621 Morse Op or 267x linguist if you want Radio Recon.

Jump School

You can also become a 0451 Air Delivery Marine, do not know the MOS for Rigger, but they too are jump qualified, since too be a rigger you have to jump your own chute!

Maurice

Most grunts will never have the opportunity to go to school in their first enlistment. I know a few Marines who in their second contract it was guaranteed for them to attend school and then go on to whatever they were going to do. Then again Ive seen a few cooks, and a couple of admin guys sporting wings so I guess anyone can go it just depends on whats school slots open up and who jumps on them first.

ANGLICO, learn it, love it, live it.

So tell me now. does parachuting in anywhere, have a value anymore?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodMarine
    So tell me now. does parachuting in anywhere, have a value anymore?
    Target practice for ground pounders!

great chicks at sky-dive centers

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    HIGH ALTITUDE, LOW OPENING;(HALO) OR HIGH ALTITUDE,HIGH OPENING;(HAHO) NIGHT JUMP'S ARE THE MILITARY'S MOST CLANDESTINE WAY OF INSERTION!WHEN ARMED WITH A (MK-54-SADM) ONE FORCE RECON MARINE CAN TAKE OUT 30 SQ.MILE'S OF ANYTHING~AND OR,EVERYTHING! OOHRAH~SEMPER~FIDELIS LONG LIVE FORCE!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by D W George
    Target practice for ground pounders!

LOL!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It's sometimes an incentive that Marines can request for reenlistment. It all depends on what's open at the time.

My Assistant Platoon Sgt. has his jump wings. And he's an NBC Marine. I asked how I could get them as well, and he told me it depends on what unit you're in. He just happened to be in the right place at the right time, which is how MANY Marines earn them.
    So don't plan on jumping in the Corps. We come out of the water.

You said you want to be a MARINE, so be a Marine. Decide what's more important to you: Jumping out of planes, or becoming one of us.

The term "Badge Hunters" comes to mind.

HALO school is one of the hardest schools to get into. Some wait up to 10 years to get into it. They concist of all branches of the service. There are if I remember right 14 teams of HALO stationed around the world ready to go jump into any place they can get a plain to.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    BADGE~HUNTER'S??? DURING MY 'ERA(STUDIE'S & OBSERVATION~GROUP)(SOG!) WOULD BE THE CORRECT TERMINOLOGY!!! S/F~OOHRAHH LONG~LIVE~FORCE

Thread Information