B-Billet
Create Post

Thread: B-Billet

B-Billet

HI, can anyone explain to me what B-billets are? I think it's when a Marine has to do a job different from their original MOS for a while. I'm not really sure. Thanks in advance!!!

Lightbulb Here you go..

Here are some examples of Category B Billets for you:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/8095.htm

---

"A Category B MOS is a short-term duty assignment. Enlisted members who are performing duties in these MOS's return to their primary MOS once the duty-period has been completed. Enlisted personnel are promoted within their primary MOS while they are performing duties in a Category B Billet."

Hope this helped, brother. Stay MOTO!!!

Motivated,

-Jon

Thanks a lot JWG. Do all Marines have to a B-Billet in their career?

Sorry...typo. Do all Marines have to do a B-Billet in their career?

Exclamation Oh, to dream...

I'd love to be either an 8411, 8511, 8541, or an 8652.

Well some people dont do them but they help for promotion in the long run. I am currently doing MSG but i dont think it counts for a billet unless your a staff nco

Quote Originally Posted by Jsphsl4204
    I'd love to be either an 8411, 8511, 8541, or an 8652.
    What does that have to do with the Poolees question? This topic is not what MOS do you wish for. It's an honest question from a person who wants and honest answer.

Smokey you need to chill out. The question was answered without any problems and a fellow future Marine, just like you and me, decided to voice what he would like to do. There was nothing wrong or out of line with his post and for you to jump on him about that WAS out of line. From reading some of your other posts it seems that alot of things slip out of your head that shouldn't. Just think about things a little bit more. Your mouth is what can get you in trouble the most at boot camp. So yeah just think your thoughts through before you type them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Covey_Rider
    From reading some of your other posts it seems that alot of things slip out of your head that shouldn't. Just think about things a little bit more. Your mouth is what can get you in trouble the most at boot camp. So yeah just think your thoughts through before you type them here.
    Not to spam this topic, but could you please provide an example? How is wanting a topic to stay on topic going to get me in trouble in boot. The way I see it all I was asking for was a little bit more organization. Since when is organization a bad thing?

Guys,

Let's just DROP the subject before there are any un-needed conflictions.

Stay Motivated, and stick together. Smokey Bandit's comments were only to help and put his fellow Poolee's / Wannabe Marine's in place. Helps them in the long run.

Angry Bury me with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBandit
    What does that have to do with the Poolees question? This topic is not what MOS do you wish for. It's an honest question from a person who wants and honest answer.
    I refuse to retaliate further to such ignorance on behalf of Leatherneck and Jon's personal plea. I also refuse to retaliate because I had this **** coming; I called out what I thought was a Wannabe, but many feel is a Marine the other day, and it weighs somewhat heavily in my gut.

By the way, forums are for personal input, ESPECIALLY when the "honest answer" has already been given, and I stated my personal thoughts with tact and manner, obviously doing no harm to the "organizaition" of Leatherneck.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hey, It's ok. JWG was right, this is going nowhere.

To add a little to the OP. There are other times you may be assigned in a job that isn't your MOS as a part of the Fleet Assistance Program (FAP). This could have you working at the gym, the pool, as a rifle range coach, working in the armory, mowing grass, or just about any other thing they need people to do. B billets are things that help you advance your career, but not something you need to concern yourself with in your first enlistment.

Thread Information