8th and I
Create Post

Thread: 8th and I

8th and I

Is there anyone out there that could help me out? I am getting ready to go to bootcamp and I am vary interested in becomeing part of the team. I dont realy know the requirements. So could someone help me out here?

Thanks

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was at 8th & I. You have to be infantry. They screen you at the school of infantry during the summer. It is a matter of timing. You also have to be a certain hight and weight to be considered. You have to make sure you ship to bootcamp at a time that allows you to be at SOI during may june and july. I was in the guard detachment so my screening was a bit different. Good luck.

I am leaving for boot camp this coming up month. So I will not be going to SOI during the time that they are screening. Are you able to apply at anytime or do you have to do it while your going through SOI. Say if you are all done with your SOI training and you waite till the next screening. Would you be able to still apply for it?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I dont think you can just apply anytime. They come to SOI to recruit and screen for the marching platoons. They are on a very strict timeline due to parade season etc. I am not sure about this though because i was in the security forces detachment. I went to bootcamp in August too and got screened for what they call the "Yankee White" program. otherwise known as Presidential support. Here is the number for 8th & I's public affairs office (202) 433-4075. Call them up and ask how it works and tell them that you are interested. Find out when they screen at SOI and then if you really have your heart set on it delay your ship date to boot camp to correspond to when they will be there. It is worth it. My time at 8th & I was one of the best times of my life. I liked it so much that i stayed in the Washington DC area when i got out. I just took my wife and kids to an 8th & I parade a few weeks ago.

P.S. you have to have an infantry MOS. what is your current MOS? I have to correct myself on an earlier post. I said that they screen in May, June and July and it is actually in the fall that they screen at SOI.

Thanks for the help ill give that number a call and get more info about it. So they screen in the fall and not during the summer? Thats about the time I will be getting out of bootcamp. Around November or so. So it might end up working out after all.

Thanks for the help once agen

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good Luck in boot there Semperfi05m!! Semper Fidelis and hope you get what you wish for.

Thanks Jennifer

Thread Information