Navy Corpsman, "A MARINE'S BEST FRIEND" - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yhank God for the Corpsmen. Without them a lot of Marines would not have made it. When I was in Nam I saw the corpsmen do things that should have gotten them medals. Semper Fi

I can't believe this thread has gone on this long without the input of DocGreek.

So, just to get his attention... (Please forgive me Lynn, and the rest)

Docs are just squids looking to get stomped into calimarie!

Hope I spelled that right.

D----O---C---S

Yep I think you got it right

Good work for a Marine :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn2 View Post
    D----O---C---S

Yep I think you got it right

Good work for a Marine :-)
    LOL God love ya. Nobody else would. Well, except maybe for some dumb ass jarhead with his guts hanging out.

"God love ya. Nobody else would."

Surely you are not suggesting that those hookers were lying to me?

Well... if you p[aid them in money, rather than motrin tablets... they might have meant it.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ....Good day, all of you NUMBNUTTED Jar-heads!!!! Ready for your "short-arm" inspection???.....

Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyjar View Post
    Well... if you p[aid them in money, rather than motrin tablets... they might have meant it.
    I was not a cheapskate. It was always at least a pack of smokes----it was the early days before the prices went up---later it may have been closer to a carton.

But I had in fact stopped going by then----deciding they might have not been truthful to me.

And what is sex without true love?

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    ....Good day, all of you NUMBNUTTED Jar-heads!!!! Ready for your "short-arm" inspection???.....
    SEE?!?

I knew if we were foul and disgusting long enough, DocGreek would show up.

It's just like setting a can of sardines over next to your neighbors place to draw the skunks there, rather than having them hang out on your porch.

Not that I would ever do such a thing... or that Doc is in any way similar to a sk... well... okay, not that I would ever do such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn2 View Post
    I was not a cheapskate. It was always at least a pack of smokes----it was the early days before the prices went up---later it may have been closer to a carton.

But I had in fact stopped going by then----deciding they might have not been truthful to me.

And what is sex without true love?
    Nope, sorry Lynn. You can't buy true love with a pack of smokes.

Depending on what part of the world you're in, you might be able to rent it for a little while though.

Quote Originally Posted by Waveslide View Post
    Man you talk crazy nonsense rambling.! I was not a Boats. The joke of the time was that HM, Abbreviation for Hospital Corpsman, was played into Heres Motrin. Mostly what we gave for small aches and pains. To me it sounds like you swallowed all the CDN, Oxy, and Morphine before you posted calling me a boats/squid. Ramble on Doc....
    ......................Well now that you explained-this association-of HM-Here's Motrin-It makes more sense-I thought originally-you were offering me a Motrin-because I showed some feeling.I can be very vendictive-My rage and temper have really lessened-over the years-I'm glad of That.My anger used to be so-great-that I would actually see red.I was not as nice a human-as I am now-call it Maturity.So Waveside-what exactly did you do in the Navy?I'm just Chill'in in the Bronx......Anchors Away.....................................

By the way-Waveside-I called you a Swobee-not a Squid-If you read me right.Actually ONI-in the Navy works very well-There's something good the Navy does-besides cook good tasting FOOD.Still thinking about those real mashed potatoes with gravy-not worth reinlisting for-though.

I chose the 3rd class patch b/c it was free and HM not an option. Im not into small details like that. Just distiguished I was a 3rd class. Im crazy, but not crazy enough to be a Boats mate. The Hosp I work at has a galley and I cant belive patients arent dying from eatn that mess , Navy chow sounds great compared.

Quote Originally Posted by Waveslide View Post
    I chose the 3rd class patch b/c it was free and HM not an option. Im not into small details like that. Just distiguished I was a 3rd class. Im crazy, but not crazy enough to be a Boats mate. The Hosp I work at has a galley and I cant belive patients arent dying from eatn that mess , Navy chow sounds great compared.
    .................................................. .........................Hello Waveslide-Therefore your A Corpsman-Hospital food is not usually to good for anyone-The hospital I worked at-actually used a postage scale to weigh the meat portion-for employees and out patients.Four ounces of meat is all you get-How's that?-for a meal.Plus it closed at 1400.I usually had to wait for lunch untill 14:30 because there is always patients that are mounting up-and Surprise-Emergencies-that come first-before I was allowed to go to chow.I was too ignorant to understand to pack a lunch-so I always had to go to surrounding-rip-off food stores;or just settle for vending machine food.Any food is better than the food I used to get at the VA-where I worked.45 minute lunch is all the time a X-ray tech-got for lunch.When staff was down-1/2 hour is all you get for lunch.Unless your one of the chosen people there-that could get away with 1 1/2 hour lunches-which I was not.Strange Politics -at my VA-hospital-All people are equal-but some people are more preveliged-and that's not equal-but criminal.Water under the bridge for me now-but justice is discourged-and the wool is pulled over your eyes-That's VA-Politics-they could have been a little nicer to me and other good workers.Cant have everything-being paid every two weeks was nice enough for me.But Damn it was strictly survival-just like Nam.Any way Waveside,great hearing you-Be well-be safe-and God Bless.

Hello again Wavesside-I have to throw this in-or other employees from other VA's will answer.On the books-lunch is officially-1/2 hour.8am-to-4:30pm-is the shift.Most people that have better jobs at the VA-are not tortured-as much for lunch.There are two 15 minute breaks-one in the am and the other in the afternoon.In order to get a 45 minute lunch-you must give up the afternoon break.Believe it or not-there are some people that are on break-there, that seems like the whole day-or they go-shopping on Gov time.All people are equal-but some people are more equal-and the Gov turns it's blind eye.Why?God Bless America-and all the men at sea-and all Americans in the armed services-in Harms Way.People have to find the right people to vote for-Too many private clubs-have poped up in America.Too many words-not enough actions being taken to save this country.Suppose that's the plan-for the future-and secret deals have been made-What IF?"America" has already been sold out on purpose.Think about the people you vote for-and try to find some good ones-if they even exist anymore-Wake up and smell the burning Flesh.Thank God for our Armed Services..Sorry Waveside-I was swept away-with Hope for America.Bye for now...........................................

Thread Information