Navy Corpsman, "A MARINE'S BEST FRIEND" - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Doc,

The Unit 1 Aid Bag a target ? Well, it sure was !

Near the Ben Hai river summer of 67, on a patrol, I was singled out by an NVA sniper and hit center throat.

Semper Fi my Brother

Jack
    1st Plt
    H.Co.
    2/9

Quote Originally Posted by hbharrison View Post
    It is with a real pride that I say DevilDoc's are MARINES and always will be.
    I know this much.

When I was in, my Corpsman did everything with my Company. He wore our uniform. He is, so far I am concerned, a Marine. He wasn't a squid that ran with us. David Mitchell is a Marine; he is my brother.

Our Docs are just that... OUR Docs. Our Brothers.

Last edited by hillbillyjar; 09-11-10 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Changed was to is

Wow-Doc Fitz-I am so glad your still alive.A Fuk-en sniper.Woo-You be a Hero in my book...That's a tough hit-usually causes mortality-You is A Marine Corpsman-God Bless you Forever.....................................

That's what Corpsman need-a small portable suction machine-not practical-in combat.It should look like a flash-light-and be about that size-with tubing-that does suction.How's that?.

There could be a disposable-ring at-the bottom of this flash-lite device-that inflates to collect the blood and fluids-if small enough-it just might be practical-if the blood vessels-are not implicated.This life is very tough-you front line Corpsman-are the Best.You Marines are the Best.I always thought of myself as a Marine-when I was with the Marines.The Navy on the other hand-reminded me that I was in the Navy-when I was discharged.The Borders of my left sleeve-of my Dav-Jacket-can only be Blue-not Red like the Marine border -of this Dav Jacket.This is part of this Dav -jacket code.I'll find out more on the 18th of September-when a Dav meeting is next.God Bless all you Marines and Doc's that are in harms way.God Bless everyone on this site......I am humbled at this moment-Doc Fitz.Hey DocGreek where are you?

I see I have 200 points-Do I win a Toaster?

Quote Originally Posted by HM3 Doc Wilder View Post
    There could be a disposable-ring at-the bottom of this flash-lite device-that inflates to collect the blood and fluids-if small enough-it just might be practical-if the blood vessels-are not implicated.This life is very tough-you front line Corpsman-are the Best.You Marines are the Best.I always thought of myself as a Marine-when I was with the Marines.The Navy on the other hand-reminded me that I was in the Navy-when I was discharged.The Borders of my left sleeve-of my Dav-Jacket-can only be Blue-not Red like the Marine border -of this Dav Jacket.This is part of this Dav -jacket code.I'll find out more on the 18th of September-when a Dav meeting is next.God Bless all you Marines and Doc's that are in harms way.God Bless everyone on this site......I am humbled at this moment-Doc Fitz.Hey DocGreek where are you?
    ....................Actually the border-of this Dav-leather-wool-jacket-for the Navy may actually be green.I don't remember which-no I'm not color blind-but I don't have 20/20-vision either-There goes Sniper-school..............oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtGorman View Post
    Motrin's are all we can get!!!!!!!!!
    Hospital Corpsman or HM(here's motrin).

Quote Originally Posted by Waveslide View Post
    Hospital Corpsman or HM(here's motrin).
    .......................Hey Waveslide-there was this cleaning agent in the hospital where I worked called-Wavercide-It killed Hiv and everything-so naturally-because it worked it was replaced.I wonder what the analgesic was in Darvan 65?They worked pretty good but Motrin maybe stronger.When I turned jaundaced -on the Tortuga-which means slow turtle-I learned that on Breaking Bad-second season-I was given my first and only Seconol-I ever had in my life.Doc's don't give Barachurates-to Pt's with any suspcted liver-disease involvement.This could be fatal and or toxic.It was more toxic for me-so I got sicker.There was another second class-Doc in sick bay-that thought his Navy Blue Jacket Manuel-was God word itself.I was running about 104.5 temp-so this Corpsman decided to turn up the Air-conditioning-so I would get Pneumonia and Die.Nice guy-Do-No-Harm-is the Hippercritic- Oath that is known to the Public.Corpsman have a higher calling-They will risk their lives -and go way beyond-to save a life-what ever they can do.So any way since this Doc-second class-wanted to kill me-I was looking-for the KCL-myself-to take care of thi guy first.My Friend Ski knew what was up-so was this Corpsman from Chicargo-clued in.So these two Doc's had a talking with this -Blue Jacket Worshiper-and put him straight.The original-setting of the air-conditioning-was really cool enough-You have to be strong enough to survive-and protect your self-under any condition.......What's my point you ask?There once was a hypnotic called-MethaQuaalune-Qualudes-for you layman-These pills were not "Toxic"to the liver-but since Freddy Prince-took about 5 or 6 of them with alcohol-and thought he was in a dream-and shot himself in the head.They were taken off the market by the FDA-Right now in Bronx,New York you cant buy Motrin or Tyanol-trade name-They have all been recalled-why because after all the years these medications have been out-The FDA and the Farmosudical Companies-have finally looked at the mortality and toxcity-of these two analgesics.What's the next pill that works?-I don't know-Do-you?-Keep Breathing and find out.

The analgesic in Darvan65-is Aspirin(asa)-So Waveslide-your a Bowsen's Mate-Your the Backbone of the Navy.I bet you know how to Tie a Lot of Knots-and Park a Front-Loading-Troop Carrier -Assaulting a Beach Front.What's the name of that sea-craft?You say all you got was Motrin?-What else was available?Would you really have wanted-Tylenol w codeine-or -Vicadins- and or Oxy-cottons -to get rid of your pain?These other analgesics-are addictive.How long would have you taken these pain killers?What caused your pain other than headache and or body aches.Were you injured?-If you were than you may have required a stronger pain pill to relieve-your discomfort,and pain-Please explain Waveside-you Ole Swobbie You-see no Squid-this time.............Pipe US Aboard..........and Let's get some Navy Grub-for a change.The Eat-in's are good in the Navy.Let's Go Marines-get some of that Navy chow..By the way-the Navy can keep that chipped beef on toast.Sh*T on a Shingle-Keep it.Let's have some real food-with some real mashed potatoes-not instant-and some Navy Gravy to put on the potatoes.Show us the beef-Break out some steaks for the USMC-and let's say a Prayer-and chow down .......

The analgesic in Darvan65-is Aspirin(asa)-So Waveslide-your a Bowsen's Mate-Your the Backbone of the Navy.I bet you know how to Tie a Lot of Knots-and Park a Front-Loading-Troop Carrier -Assaulting a Beach Front.What's the name of that sea-craft?You say all you got was Motrin?-What else was available?Would you really have wanted-Tylenol w codeine-or -Vicadins- and or Oxy-cottons -to get rid of your pain?These other analgesics-are addictive.How long would have you taken these pain killers?What caused your pain other than headache and or body aches.Were you injured?-If you were than you may have required a stronger pain pill to relieve-your discomfort,and pain-Please explain Waveside-you Ole Swobbie You-see no Squid-this time.............Pipe US Aboard..........and Let's get some Navy Grub-for a change.The Eat-in's are good in the Navy.Let's Go Marines-get some of that Navy chow..By the way-the Navy can keep that chipped beef on toast.Sh*T on a Shingle-Keep it.Let's have some real food-with some real mashed potatoes-not instant-and some Navy Gravy to put on the potatoes.Show us the beef-Break out some steaks for the USMC-and let's say a Prayer-and chow down .......
    OOOOOOORRRRAAAH DOC WILDER. WE DID HAVE SURF AND TURF FOR THE MARINE CORPS BIRTHDAY IN 1985 on my MED CRUISE IT WAS GOOD TOO.

Man you talk crazy nonsense rambling.! I was not a Boats. The joke of the time was that HM, Abbreviation for Hospital Corpsman, was played into Heres Motrin. Mostly what we gave for small aches and pains. To me it sounds like you swallowed all the CDN, Oxy, and Morphine before you posted calling me a boats/squid. Ramble on Doc....

Since you have a BM3 insignia on your sig,it makes you look like a BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waveslide View Post
    Man you talk crazy nonsense rambling.! I was not a Boats. The joke of the time was that HM, Abbreviation for Hospital Corpsman, was played into Heres Motrin. Mostly what we gave for small aches and pains. To me it sounds like you swallowed all the CDN, Oxy, and Morphine before you posted calling me a boats/squid. Ramble on Doc....
    ................................................He y Waveside-How you Do'In-is that not the classiforcation-image for Bowsen's mate on your post.I may be wrong but I kind of remember those two crossed ancors.Are you not a Bowsen's mate?What's your Mos-in the Mighty Navy......No NO-I don't take any pain pills-They hurt your liver.I tried Vicodin when I got my gums-split open by a Peridontist-for quadrant gum repair-Vicodin really is quite effective for that.Pain pills suck-they dull your sensing perceptions-If taken too long you develope a chippy-from it.Why would I ever want to feel-like a stuffed frog.That's the problem with the Big H-pretty soon the people that take it to get high-have to take it just to feel straight-they gotta use it just to feel normal.That should be a Red-Light-to anyone that wants to ruin their lives-Yeah it probably feels great-but then this person that's so urphoric-is lying in a pile of his own-Feces-and thinks he's sitting on the top of the world.Sounds -good-Huh?.......Yeah your right I can ramble on-I never was on any kind of site that I could write on.This site actually shows me-that I have a little a little ability-to be able to communicate with people.I maybe boring-I try to spice things up-maybe a different view on things.I really have learned to hate Commies-and I owe this completely to the USN.I never had any experience in the navy-when I got my Navy-uniforms in boot camp;I got zippers instead of the 13 buttons-on the Blue Navy Uniforms.So I never really felt welcome in the Navy-As for the Marines: I felt right at home wit C Company-1ST Batt-28TH Marines-5TH Marine DIV.I spent 11 month's in this C Company-I didn't feel like a Marine=I was A Marine-and I was Good-at Doing things with the Marines.Everything-except repelling from a chopper at 100 foot drop.So therefore-the people I was with thought of me-as a Marine-Period-and if any of the C-Company people-remember me-will tell you the same.I forgot the Gunny of C-Company-1st Batt.28th Marines-5th Marine Division.He was Great.He left and a German-Gunny took his place-don't ask-I think this Guy-still thought he was with the Nazi's-he cetainly talked like it.Told about his experiences in Nam-with young females-Pretty Brutal.Hey Doc H-How you Do'In?-So Waveside-I have rambled some more-Take Care and Anchors Away-what ever they say in the Navy-Bye for Now------God Bless CPL Peck-and his Family-and his Friends

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Since you have a BM3 insignia on your sig,it makes you look like a BM.
    -----Hello HM1 DanH-How are you-I never received any info-back from the Navy Medicine-site.I guess- if your not active duty-Navy Medicine-is not interested.I even told them it was a Great Honor-to have been a United States Naval Corpsman.So that's that.One good thing that has developed from Combat Medicine is the Medical Amtrac Emergency Triarge-This really saves lives.The survival rate of Combat Injuries is above 80% now.That's very good.In Nam I think it was 70%-but I'm not sure.Keep on Keepin on HM1 Doc DanH-By your leave Sir-Hello DocGreek-How's Things?

Thread Information