Meps/recruiters Help
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Meps/recruiters Help

Hello, thank you for viewing this thread.This may require the knowledge of a recruiter/MEPS employee.
    I have tourettes syndrome. I have been on medication, but now I am starting to cease taking Meds for it, due to the symptoms dissapearing rapidly (and permanently as is the case for many people with TS). It has been nothing less than a dream to become a United States Marine for me, and I am very upset at the moment and have been for quite some time after realizing that this disorder, even though it is not really affecting me anymore, could maybe DQ me from being in the USMC. I am very upset about this, this really isnt something I could simply move on from and not become a Marine. If anyone has 100% accurate information relating to standards or any ways of getting into USMC with this disorder, your nformation would be greatly appreciated. I want to be a Marine more than anything in the world, and I have already been changing myself greatly to begin working up to the USMC physical/mental standards. I will make many sacrifices and work on whatever I can to get into the USMC. I have no other way of putting this into words, it is simply my dream, my goal, the thing I must accomplish. If anyone knows anything that could be a likely solution or information that relates to ANY probably ways that I can still become a Marine with tourettes, I would be very thankful. This is the thing Ive always wanted to do, and I dont think anybody understands how saddened and depressed I would become If I were to be DQ'd. Thank you all, this has been very upsetting to me, and I am very dtermined to fnd the solution to this. Thank you all for reading this and providing your replies.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Haven't you posted this before sweetie? Did you not find your answers then? It's not a bad thing to be disqualified for TS - there will be a lot of things you WON'T be able to do with TS.

Move on, get over it, find something else to do with your life. You're young - if this is something you'll grow out of - grow out of it and try LATER in life.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes, I have posted this before, sorry bout double posting- but, I felt I needed to do that, because I had a bad feeling about the last post...Some people said yes, some said no- I was not sure what was what. About four hours ago, I called my recruiter for the first time. I am only 16, so he wasnt able to help much- but, he did say that He would try to send me a packet with information in it about the topic at hand. Also, his father happens to be the head janitor at my highschool. He also told me that he would be stopping by at any given time at my highschool, and if I see him, I should say hello. I dont know where this is going, but I feel better now, atleast on the "hope" part. So, hopefully I will be able to get to the bottom of this. I would still apprciate some more input, though, since it wouldnt hurt.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OH! And he has an attention deficit too! You should have just bumped the other thread.

I'm sure you're a great kid but I, for one, wouldn't want you beside me when the sh!t hit the fan. Nothing personal, just factual. You might freak the hell out and stand up and make a racket big enough for somebody to get hurt over. Join the Corps but PLEASE choose something that will keep you behind a desk for the biggest part of your enlistment - cut checks in S-1 - everybody has to get paid.

You still have a couple of years left to see if you'll "grow out of it" so take a chill pill and relax until then.

When I was 16, I wasn't worried about a Marine Recruiter! All I could think about was which cheerleader I wanted to take to the lake next.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL! Or what I was going to wear to school the next day to impress some little boy...........................

True Devil Dogs! Well, I think back then we were called devil minded and my buddies always called me a dog....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I do understand what you are saying. But, what many people do not understand, is that unlike other disorders, ADHD has EXTREMELY various levels. In my case, I have actually grown out of it already. In fact, I have been commented on grading sheets for projects and simple classwork in school, while off medication for some time, about how I have paid attention to the smallest things, and put in a vast amount of detail.

I understand one hundred percent about how you would not want to be in a dangerous situation with a Marine paying attention to the camel on the side of the roadside instead of the enemy sniper that is picking off people in front of him, or the obvious suicide bomber running toward his unit- but that would only be the case if I had not grown out of it.

But, even so, I most likely will not choose Infantry as my primary MOS- I would like to go into something to do with electronics or something involving using computers. By the way, would you or anyone on here be able to tell me what the name of any MOS's are that involve computers, sattelites, or electronic maintenance?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OK kid - READ AND RETAIN IN YOUR BRAIN WHAT PEOPLE WRITE TO YOU!

The attention deficit thing was a joke but, obviously you haven't grown out of it! The ADHD would have something to do with my not wanting you standing close to ME also but the TS was my main concern (as was yours also because YOU started the thread about it).

FOCUS!

Thread Information