Beruit Era Marines
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Beruit Era Marines

Would like to know how many Marines out there served in the USMC during the 1983 attack on the Marine barracks in Beruit. Where were you when it happened? I was with 4th Amphib Asslt Bn in Jacksonville, Florida. I remember that day like it was yesterday. The recent fighting has really triggered my memory and the fallen in Beruit are not forgotten.

Semper Fi
    USMC 1982-1985
    2nd Bn F Co Parris Island SC
    Froc 2531, Mcces Mcagcc 29 Palms, Ca
    8th Tanks Co c, Tallahassee, Fl
    4th amphib asslt bn Jax, fl

Maritime Prepositioning Ships between 1986-1995, including Korea, Honduras and Desert Storm, other worldwide locations working Marine Corps contract.

Credits
    Savings
    I have a really good friend who was there and he goes thru some rough days thinking about it.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    When was I in Beirut? "Today,when my dogs hit the deck and I craw ed from the rack."

Beirut,Lebanon 05/83-11/83 C1/8 1st Plt., Plt. Guide

I was with LFTCPac in San Diego at the time. Lost a good friend in the bombing - Sgt Val Lewis (RIP).

Beirut

Mwwu-3, Yuma, Az, Lost Good Friends There

Unhappy

I was attending a Navy Birthday Ball in Washington, D.C.

Got home in the wee hours of the morning and received a phone call from the Marine Corps Command Center (as I was a member of Operations Division, PP&O) to get my arse into work.

Helped man the phone lines for the following three days...

I was at my MOS school at Lackland AFB for military police. I will never forget the memorial service the Marine detachment held that evening. For me that was the true beginning of the current War on Terror.

I forgot to append this to my prior post.

After I retired in 1990 as a master sergeant of Marines, and subsequently dropped my seabag here in J-Action-Ville, N.C., I found "at-that-time" an humble IMHO website to honor our fallen brothers.

So, being the nice guy I am, I revamped the entire site for its owner, Ed Lamica, a retired chief petty officer in the Navy. I did that out of respect for the heroes. They deserve no less...

You can view my "free-gratis" contribution by clicking >>> http://www.beirut-documentary.org/

I was there.

I was at my post when the building blew, I saw the explosion and was on the reactionary force , I was one of the first marines at the site. Time for ALOT of pay back !!!

I was at CLNC preparing for deployment to the med.

Registered User Free Member Darkestblend's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    At that time i was a young and impressionable PFC....Stirring shyters and Purifying water Near the beiruit Airport.when that bomb went i remember vividly how impressed i was with those Seabees. Hardcore yall!

Parris Island

I was a Series Commander at 1st Bn RTR Parris Island.

A lot that's happening today is just unfinished business from our time 20+ years ago.

1/8

I was in ITS....was graduated, and taken accross the gravel parking lot at Geiger to become a replacement in sub-unit 1/8. Interesting place for an 18 year old PFC to cut his teeth. My company (Wpns) was hit hard. Lot's of good Marines taught me a thing or two about war and life. Paid off later.

Registered User Free Member rnjax2002's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I was a huey/cobra crew chief at the airport, damn near knocked me out of the rack. The next few hours and days are some that I will never forget.

Angry Beirut vet

I was on my way to Grenada when we got word, I used to sleep under that building my first tour over there in 82. Damn ragheads killed my brothers back then and now they kill my brother firefighters in New York, death to them all!

Parris Island 3057

Thread Information