need information if possible - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Try $78 a month as a boot private in 1961. I was rolling in dough!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Try a hefty $78 a month as a boot private in 1961. I was rolling in the dough!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Could be worse. My dad got $21/month in 1943.

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36
    Could be worse. My dad got $21/month in 1943.
    Keep going, I'm waiting to see how far back you have to go before
    recruits had to pay the Corps!

(just kidding!)

we got 2 issues of chits (funny money) in boot camp and we had to pay fo everything too this was back in 83 but after the fact I remember being really suprised when I got my first pay that all that funny money really came out of my pay. anyway small price to pay to be a marine.
    times sure change we got 245.00 every two weeks as a pfc

Regular pay

I never got a regular paycheck the whole time I was in. They were always screwing things up. One time they would pay too much, another time they would pay nothing! They probably still owe me money! LOL

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I fricken haven't gotten paid in the past TWO paychecks!! ERRRR!!

Try $71.00 in 61

I know I got the funny money back in 89' My nephew just finished boot a month ago. Not sure how they did it though. To make matters worse he went to be a winger, Made his grandpa (0341)and uncle (me) 0351 mad cuz he didnt wanna be a grunt.

Cantrell

Hey, don't be hatin'

on us wingers now! We had it rough too. Once, our air conditioning went out and I almost broke out in a sweat!

I was in boot in '86 and our SDI made us all pool a bunch of our chits for all of the miscellaneous crap we needed as a group. It's been a while but I don't remember getting paid any real money until I graduated.

I went through in 89. Don't remember chits, setting up a bank account or seeing any money until right at graduation. I do know it was less than I had thought it would be due to things that I did have to pay for myself that came out of my pay.

It's possible he hasn't been paid yet. Then again it's possible that it's going into an account and he doesn't realize it. Then again maybe he is getting paid and changed his mind about sending money home while in boot?

Angel

Thread Information