"Run Coward Run" - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    What makes America, America? Freedom of choice. If they did not believe in the war, why should they fight in it? Would you rather be by someone that wants to be there and volunteered rather then someone that got drafted and did not want to be there? I'd rather be with the first one. I am not to knowledgable on the efficiency of draftees v volunteers in Vietnam, like how they fought, maybe some Vets could enlighten us.
    Finally, the only people that should have an opinion on this is those that got drafted and did serve overseas. It is EASY to say that you would go straight to Vietnam if you were in the 60's or 70's. But would you really?

Thumbs down No Excuses..

I'm not sure if you're familiar.. but it, as a citizen, is our duty to protect this country when it is needed. Meaning, being called to war, a Draft.

If you're not willing to fight when called upon, willingly or drafted, then get out of my country. (Not directed to you personally. General statement.)

It is our right as citizens, as well, to overthrow the government, establish a new one as well as a new military if/when the government becomes anything other than a democracy.. etc. Along those lines, I'd have to go into the Constitution, etc to find it, but it's there.

Yes, we have a freedoms.. but it's not FREE by ANY means. So, if you're not willing to PAY that FEE for FREEDOM.. than you don't deserve freedom. (Draft Dodgers, etc. Again.. not a personal statement.. a general one.)

Quote Originally Posted by hawks
    What makes America, America? Freedom of choice. If they did not believe in the war, why should they fight in it? Would you rather be by someone that wants to be there and volunteered rather then someone that got drafted and did not want to be there? I'd rather be with the first one. I am not to knowledgable on the efficiency of draftees v volunteers in Vietnam, like how they fought, maybe some Vets could enlighten us.
    Finally, the only people that should have an opinion on this is those that got drafted and did serve overseas. It is EASY to say that you would go straight to Vietnam if you were in the 60's or 70's. But would you really?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by JWG
    I know why we're over there right now.. to eliminate (I'll stop being politcally correct.. to KILL) terrorists.

These people want everyone who doesn't bow down and believe what they preach, DEAD. We're 'Infidels.' Infidels my ass.. they can scream that they're going to kill me all you want.. but when you enter my country, and fly planes into my building.. and KILL INNOCENT CIVILIANS.. I won't stand for it.

I'm in full support of what we're doing right now.. I just wish it was less political, and more WAR.

Either way, when my time comes, I will sign on the dotted line. The least I can do is to give myself to my country, and pray to God I can be of some lasting help to preserve freedom and the safety of America and it's occupants. I love this country..

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

-Jon

Meh, I'd hate to say this, especially to the likes of YOU (and that's not sarcasm), but our current objective is liberating Iraq, not eliminating terrorists. Terrorist organizations are standing in our way.

It is impossible to eliminate global terror. Granted, we may give al-Queda the boot, but where there is one terrorist organization, there is one-hundred more.

And I can understand your anger on 9/11, but entering country based solely on the purpose of (as far as what's been previously released to the public) finding weapons of mass destruction, in an eleborate "lie" to the president (I blame the CIA, not President Bush for this; Bush received the intel. the CIA conducted) IS, politically and morally wrong. Granted, liberation of Iraq is a great thing, but can our government truly justify their actions? Can they?

And less politics, more WAR would help ensure getting the job done. It's Viet-raq, done right. Less talky, more fighty.

I admire your patriotism, it's nothing less than courageous. I will hopefully sign that dotted line one day as well, until then, and even after then, GOD BLESS AMERICA, even if from a political, moral, and social standpoint, we're wrong.

P.S. - It's obvious I'm against this war, which I am, but I hope nobody takes it the wrong way. My purpose was to inform, not scold, even if I'd hate to say it myself. It's just knowledge that I use to my advantage when speaking politically.

When you turn 18, you have to go to the city courthouse and sign a paper specifically for the draft. If you don't believe in America then by all means...there's the door. And in my mind every single one of us here would have no problem with the draft, hell the draft wouldn't even be an issue because we'd already be there fighting. You are correct about it being their choice, but to run and not stand up to the concequences of their actions is being cowardice. That's my piece.

We are in a GLOBAL WAR ON TERROR. Like it or not, possible or not.. we are.

Impossible? It's a HELL OF A LOT BETTER than sitting around and not KICKING THEM IN THE ASS.. and killing some terrorists. Sure.. maybe they'll always be a around, but they'll think twice before they attack America or bully us again. If we don't do anything.. then they'll just grow and grow. They're like a cancer.. you got to keep it down so it don't grow too big.

You can understand my anger of 9/11? I DAMN SURE HOPE that you felt just as much anger as me.. because.. you ARE a American citizen aren't you? Not just "understand" it.

Second of all.. there WERE WMD's... we gave them to them earlier on. Suddam sent them to Syria when U.S was scheduled to invade Iraq. I mean hell, he had a hell of enough time to get rid of them.. to much time.

"I admire your patriotism, it's nothing less than courageous. I will hopefully sign that dotted line one day as well, until then, and even after then, GOD BLESS AMERICA, even if from a political, moral, and social standpoint, we're wrong." -Jsphsl4204

I'm glad you admire my patriotism.. I sure hope you have some yourself. I admire you're opinions.. and you're fully entitled to them in AMERICA because of FREEDOM. That's why we're fighting this war.. Terrorism threatens that FREEDOM to speak your mind.. and for me to speak my mind right now.

I hope the deciding factor for you to 'join or not to join' is NOT based on whether there is a war or not.

If you aren't willing to fight a war you may or may not agree with.. don't join the Corps. Once you join, it's not up to you. You're political standpoints and opinions mean nothing anymore, and no one will care to listen, as it will not stop you from being shipped over to Iraq, Iran, or anywhere else we may be fighting by the time you can sign that dotted line.

No offense, Joseph.. not trying to 'scold' either. Don't take it too personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsphsl4204
    Meh, I'd hate to say this, especially to the likes of YOU (and that's not sarcasm), but our current objective is liberating Iraq, not eliminating terrorists. Terrorist organizations are standing in our way.

It is impossible to eliminate global terror. Granted, we may give al-Queda the boot, but where there is one terrorist organization, there is one-hundred more.

And I can understand your anger on 9/11, but entering country based solely on the purpose of (as far as what's been previously released to the public) finding weapons of mass destruction, in an eleborate "lie" to the president (I blame the CIA, not President Bush for this; Bush received the intel. the CIA conducted) IS, politically and morally wrong. Granted, liberation of Iraq is a great thing, but can our government truly justify their actions? Can they?

And less politics, more WAR would help ensure getting the job done. It's Viet-raq, done right. Less talky, more fighty.

I admire your patriotism, it's nothing less than courageous. I will hopefully sign that dotted line one day as well, until then, and even after then, GOD BLESS AMERICA, even if from a political, moral, and social standpoint, we're wrong.

P.S. - It's obvious I'm against this war, which I am, but I hope nobody takes it the wrong way. My purpose was to inform, not scold, even if I'd hate to say it myself. It's just knowledge that I use to my advantage when speaking politically.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Soapbox anyone?

Exclamation I understand...

We are in a GLOBAL WAR ON TERROR. Like it or not, possible or not.. we are.

Impossible? It's a HELL OF A LOT BETTER than sitting around and not KICKING THEM IN THE ASS.. and killing some terrorists. Sure.. maybe they'll always be a around, but they'll think twice before they attack America or bully us again. If we don't do anything.. then they'll just grow and grow. They're like a cancer.. you got to keep it down so it don't grow too big.

You can understand my anger of 9/11? I DAMN SURE HOPE that you felt just as much anger as me.. because.. you ARE a American citizen aren't you? Not just "understand" it.

Second of all.. there WERE WMD's... we gave them to them earlier on. Suddam sent them to Syria when U.S was scheduled to invade Iraq. I mean hell, he had a hell of enough time to get rid of them.. to much time.

"I admire your patriotism, it's nothing less than courageous. I will hopefully sign that dotted line one day as well, until then, and even after then, GOD BLESS AMERICA, even if from a political, moral, and social standpoint, we're wrong." -Jsphsl4204

I'm glad you admire my patriotism.. I sure hope you have some yourself. I admire you're opinions.. and you're fully entitled to them in AMERICA because of FREEDOM. That's why we're fighting this war.. Terrorism threatens that FREEDOM to speak your mind.. and for me to speak my mind right now.

I hope the deciding factor for you to 'join or not to join' is NOT based on whether there is a war or not.

If you aren't willing to fight a war you may or may not agree with.. don't join the Corps. Once you join, it's not up to you. You're political standpoints and opinions mean nothing anymore, and no one will care to listen, as it will not stop you from being shipped over to Iraq, Iran, or anywhere else we may be fighting by the time you can sign that dotted line.

No offense, Joseph.. not trying to 'scold' either. Don't take it too personal.

Okay, so we're in a GLOBAL war on terror, but our objective is not eliminating terror. Funny, isn't it? Our objective is liberating Iraq, not eliminating al-Queda or their top operatives. If we happen to do so in the process, I'll be damn proud, but that's not the point of this war.

BUT, the problem I see is we're not COMBATING terrorism! I mean, sure, we NEED to kick the terrorists ass, but we're not doing that! We're trying to liberate Iraq, and Muslim extremists who supported Hussein's regime, NOT terrorist groups, are standing in our way! HELL YEAH, I support fighting terrorism, but the basis of this war right now is not such methods; I've said it before, and it's a fact. I'll go find the source right after this.

And wow, Jon, I really don't beleive you said that to me. Really. HELL YEAH I understand your anger, not just from a political viewpoint, but I felt that putrid disgust inside myself as well. I want to kill everyone of those *******ed Extremist Muslim Iraqi bastards, terrorist or not, but doing it is NOT the right thing! It's a war on terror, yes, but we're not combating terrorism! We're NOT stopping the terrorists; we're liberating Iraq!

However, the weapons of mass destruction were not large enough to pose a threat to U.S. even WITH a surprise attack. We had countermeasures in place, furthermore, these weapons of mass destruction were not being used against us by al-Queda and other terrorist groups.

TERRORISM DOES THREATEN MY FREEDOM. SO LET'S FIGHT AL-QUEDA, NOT ALL TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE, AND STOP PLAYING IT OFF BY LIBERATING IRAQ, SHALL WE?! I'm not angry at you, that's just pent-up frustration at the fact you're missing my point; WE ARE NOT COMBATING TERRORISM, WE ARE LIBERATING A NATION OF WHICH CANNOT JUSTIFY OUR ACTIONS TOWARD THEIR LIBERATION. We're making a country free for basically no reason, other than speculation.

And I AM joining. I have respect for my country. My sig says "Patriotism is protecting one's country from one's government" and I beleive that to the fullest. Not only am I joining, I'd like to volunteer for combat, if at all possible. You don't have to worry about me giving my country the boot; it ****es me off when people say, "Well, if you don't agree with the war, you shouldn't fight in it!" I in no way share that opinion, as liberal as I may be. And I'm not going to discuss why; it's sheerly an ignorant thought to beleive such, and everyone here knows that.

And, while I flipped my lid in this passage, it is SHEERLY my political opinion... NOTHING personal at all, Jon, and none taken my way, either.. I admire you to the fullest, even if I don't always agree with you, for that matter, even if I hardly ever agree with you, haha.

As much as I wanna keep yelling back and forth.. I can't. Gotta love you bro.

Good luck, and hopefully I'll be able to fight by your side.

Opinions are like *******s.. we all have one. 'Nough said on that matter.

No more politics and getting roughed up for me.. ATLEAST FOR RIGHT NOW.

Smile

As much as I wanna keep yelling back and forth.. I can't. Gotta love you bro.

Good luck, and hopefully I'll be able to fight by your side.

Opinions are like *******s.. we all have one. 'Nough said on that matter.

No more politics and getting roughed up for me.. ATLEAST FOR RIGHT NOW.
    Lol, yeah, I hear ya', man.
    And yeah, we'll continue our... er... I don't wanna call it a "dispute", because we get along fine. We'll talk about it another time. : )

Stanley Hroszow
    Guest Free Member

No Knowledge

you never truly understood what I said to you, and you never understand, many people with your type of knowledge, never will God said it well, when He said I will confound the wise men of this world, and because you do not understand, you probably end up going through the tribulation, if you do not understand what that is see if you can get some copies of Tim LaHayes' & Jerry b. Jenkins Videos The Left Behind Series, I know you do not belive in God. but also get a Holy Bible and read the book of Revelation Like I said before God is real and all this is about to come to pass.and I mean it wont go away. Gods Judgement is coming soon when I do not no one does only God. And because you do not believe, you have no fear of Him.

Thread Information