Height/weight requirements
Create Post

Height/weight requirements

I saw for my height that I must weigh between 94 and 125 pounds. I read that must be my weight before "shipping off". That being said, what must my weight be to ship off and not be a weight recruit?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Arrow Physical Conditioning Platoon

or PCP as it is known, is not a good place. All your time there does not count for graduation. It is best to be in Height and weight standards before you ship. You can also be sent to PCP is you fail an event of the IST when you get to training. So, the best advice I can give is get into the standards now and make sure your are solidly passing an IST before you ship to training. I think they can still send you to PCP if you look overweight or fail to meet the military appearance standards.

Exclamation Height

Iam 5'10" tall and 105 LBS, Does anyone think that I am going to get extra attention from the Drill Instructors?? Are there alot of people my height in the Corp? I dont know if I should Join Because of my height. Please Post a response. Thanks

5'10" was average height last I checked. Your weight is a bit on the low side but you're still within regulation. You probably won't gather too much attention, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcwanab
    Iam 5'10" tall and 105 LBS, Does anyone think that I am going to get extra attention from the Drill Instructors?? Are there alot of people my height in the Corp? I dont know if I should Join Because of my height. Please Post a response. Thanks

Your 105? Thats insane ive been wrestling a long time and have never seen anyone like that, whats your caloric intake?

You're not 5'10 and 105 pounds. You keep posting that, but then say you're really shorter. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish by posting this over and over, but the answer remains the same. Your height doesn't matter and if you're within the weight requirements, you'll be fine.

105 lbs at 5' 10"? I was 112 lbs at 5' 3". My CO even called me over once to give me a lecture about "median weight." But I was 2 lbs over my minimum, in great physical shape and more than able to do my job. I was fine during boot. It was after boot and when on deps to Yuma and Nellis I lost a lot of weight. Heat affects my appetite. For boot? You definately need to have your weight up before you go. Whatever your height is you'll need to meet minimum requirements at least. Because with all the physical activity it's likely you'll lose weight in boot rather than stay steady or gain.

Angel

5'-10" and 105 lbs, I say BS. Thats skin over bone son.I'd like to see a pic posted hey and if'en I'm wrong then I'll say sorry.

Thread Information