From a Marine in Iraq - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rb1651
    Just my opinion, the problem I see here is a lack of Military Bearing and Discipline. When we took the oath, we swore to follow the legal orders of the CIC. We didn't question them, we didn't have the luxury of an opinion, we just did. It's kind of like we you were getting picked for a team in gym class and you didn't like the team you were with so you didn't give 100%. Well, in the Corps, when the chips are down, if you can't give 100%, then I personnally don't want you on my team 'Nuff said.
    I'm not on active duty or inactive duty so I can question Dubya's competence all I want. He's not my CIC.

I intend to agree with eddie f just because you disagree with the way things are in Iraq doesn,t mean that you are a sh++ bird any more than anything else. I spent six years in The Corps and proud of it I was fortunate not to have been in combat but still honorably served. Everybody is not going to agree with what the president says or does. I voted for Bush but I dont like what he did when he sent our troops to Iraq in his quest for war because of his ideas.Like was stated I am neither for or against what is happening.If my son was to ask me my opinion about joining the Marines I would support him in whatever his decision was but would strongly advise him against it. I am fortunate I don,t have to make that decision because he is a fireman with the city and therefore is doing what he wants and enjoys it.Semper Fi

I intend to agree with eddie f just because you disagree with the way things are in Iraq doesn,t mean that you are a sh++ bird any more than anything else. I spent six years in The Corps and proud of it I was fortunate not to have been in combat but still honorably served. Everybody is not going to agree with what the president says or does. I voted for Bush but I dont like what he did when he sent our troops to Iraq in his quest for war because of his ideas.Like was stated I am neither for or against what is happening.If my son was to ask me my opinion about joining the Marines I would support him in whatever his decision was but would strongly advise him against it. I am fortunate I don,t have to make that decision because he is a fireman with the city and therefore is doing what he wants and enjoys it.Semper Fi

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    Eddie you are the 10% we learn about in bootcamp. You never understood what it meant to be a Marine. Somehow along the way you forgot that being a Marine is being part of a team and working toward a common goal. You think that being some kind of antiwar antigoverment indivudual makes you different from every other sh*tbird that says the same crap. If you dont like it, get the fu*k out, if you dont agree , POST!.
    Thank God your not in Iraq. Not only would we have to worry about the enemy but also some turd in my squad who may or may not pull the trigger when it is required of him.
    Outlaw, is that the "ten percenters" my hubby always talks about
    but has never explained to me?

lol..yes ma'm I do believe that would be it .

Quote Originally Posted by rb1651
    Just my opinion, the problem I see here is a lack of Military Bearing and Discipline. When we took the oath, we swore to follow the legal orders of the CIC. We didn't question them, we didn't have the luxury of an opinion, we just did. It's kind of like we you were getting picked for a team in gym class and you didn't like the team you were with so you didn't give 100%. Well, in the Corps, when the chips are down, if you can't give 100%, then I personnally don't want you on my team 'Nuff said.
    I could not agree more Ron (rb1651)...."Once A Marine always a Marine!" -- Blood makes the grass grow, rah rah rah!! Gunny

Lot's of retirees go to college.

Education

Quote Originally Posted by iamcloudlander
    bigrickjr57
    I read your profile and just wanted to ask you how in the hell did you find time to retire with all the colleges you were attending LOL
    Many retirees attend college...I've been in school most of my life, if not for continuing education; I'd go just because I found the course interesting to take. I once took a class called Photogrammetry...unrelated to my field of expertise (Clinical Psychology & Social Welfare); but I got 5 credits, learned a lot about aerial photography as applied to geodesy/surveying/imagery and found it fascinating in terms of using a Kelsch Plotter, Stereoscopes, Parallax Bar and making mosiac maps of various terrains (could have military applications as in air photo recon and interpretation, too). Education has always been important to me and over 1000 honorably discharged service men and women thank me, too. [PTSD and PTSD-MST Counselor - 13 years]

Thread Information