Age..How old is too old?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Age..How old is too old?

I am 32 and have been trying to get into the Marines Corps since April. I know I need a waiver for my age, also for a few other stupid things I have done through the years. I was just curious if any of you know any Marines that started as late as me?
    When I first went in to my recruiter I was only 126 lbs, but over the last 3 months I have been working out 5 days a week and am up to 160 lbs. I run 3 miles in 24 min, I can do 10 chin ups, and 100 crunches in 2 min. I want this more than anything I have ever wanted in my life, but my recruiter never calls me with any info. I don't know if he is blowing my off or if it really takes a long time to get the waivers from operations.
    Thanks

Credits
    Savings
    Images

In Training,

Would you please fill in information into your profile so we all know who were are speaking with. Those are the rules on the forum. We would all like to know something about who we are dealing with. In general though you have a little bit of work to get done on your end. The waiver process is going to be at depot level, or higher. There is alot of work that the recruiter has to do to get started. try to help out as much as possible. If you are 32 then there is a four year age waiver that has to get screwtenized by everybody.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sorry about that, I just found this website last night and found it to be very informative. I filled out my profile, and didn't mean to offend anybody.
    I was calling the GySgt and my recruiting office every week to try to do what ever I could to help, he finally told me to be patient it could take a while. I waited another 5-6 weeks called back and no info at all. I just wondered if this is something that is normal or if my chances are slim to none. I really wantthis to happen I just don't want my 33 birthday to come and them to tell me I am too old, I heard 33 was the absolute "no" age.

I would stay on them. Personal visits to the reruiting station help also. Let them know you are motivated and determined.

I enlisted in 1981 at the age of 30.I had a lot of "good stuff" to add to my request for an age waiver.The request came back "approved" a few weeks later.I graduated a Pfc,MCRD,San Diego,1981.

Ever hear of the phrase" Hurry up and wait?

Trust me, it truly applies here. It took me about 2 months from the beginning of talking to my recruiter to officially being allowed to swear in, with multiple trips to MEPS.

Best of luck to you!

This post is like 3 years old, I somehow think the OP may be applying for a retirement community in Florida by now.

Thread Information