Dlab
Create Post

Thread: Dlab

Dlab

I took and passed the DLAB today, scored a 113. It wasn't any where near as hard as I expected, but it was hard none the less. I am still waiting to hear what language I shall be assigned and if my ship date will change. Linguistics here I come.

Just thought I would tell you all that the test is possible to pass. There are many horror stories out there about it.

Congratulations and JOB WELL DONE, Bryant!

Now, I want to see you bring back that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor for all of us Wannabe's and Pool(ee)'s back home and here on Leatherneck.

You motivate me! MOTO!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nice job Poolee!

Jim

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Cool! I'm looking into that area too! Did you do anything to prepare for the DLAB?

Well I will tell you what I know, and what I am allowed to tell you. Which is nothing about the test itself.

First the Navy recruiting website has a little ten question quiz that I recomend that you take. It will give you a little heads up about the DLAB. http://www.navy.com/about/navylife/onduty/cryptology/

Then read this: http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/dlab.htm

Now I did the two above things along with a few hours.

1. Know your English grammar.
    2. Get a good nights sleep before you take the test.
    3. Eat a good breakfast the day of the test.
    4. Do your best.

In all honesty, if you know your english grammar rules and what not there is nothing more you can do. There is no way to study for this test. Many people fail it. Have confidence in your self and do your very best. I passed the test, so with a little hard work, and tough thought (perhaps some luck) you can as well. If you have any more questions please ask.

Thank you to all those who replied. I look foward to becoming a United States Marine.

The DLAB does not test your ability to learn a language, it tests your ability to learn a language quickly! There really isn't a way to study for it, it is testing your inate ability to learn language rules/patterns very quickly, some have the skill, some don't.
    Congrats on your score and now focus on earning the title, once you've done that you can enjoy DLI (you think the DLAB was hard!). I'm pulling for you to get Korean as we always need new Korlings and hey, I'm a bit biased!

Thread Information