10 day leave
Create Post

Thread: 10 day leave

Question 10 day leave

I have a quick question about my 10 day leave after boot camp. If everything goes as planned i should be graduating boot camp on wednesday november 22nd the day before thanksgiving. the question is do my 10 days start on thanksgiving or on saturday do to the holiday. The reason i ask is becuase my girlfriend's brother, who is a Marine and a friend of mine, is getting married on dec. 2nd and if it did start on thanksgiving i would have to report for SOI that day and miss the wedding.

-Kyle-

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    be prepared to miss the wedding

that is what i figured would happen, oh well.

Talk to your recruiter now. He may be able to set up Recruiter's Assistance for you after you graduate. That would give you extra time at home and allow you to make it to the wedding.

I was thinking about that but he is going on terminal leave aug. 5th. does RA paper work have to be done after i go to boot? Once his time is up i'll ask the next recruiter if the one i have now cant get it done.

The day you come back from boot camp go into the recruiting office and talk to the HMFIC and request to get approved for recruiters assistance.

ok i'll write that down so i while do that when i get back. thanks.

Yeah, you have to set it up when you get back. But, if they know what is going on and why you are wanting it, they can make sure that its all in place. If you talk to your recruiter about it, he can talk to the new guy when he comes in.

ok. thank you Marines.

jesus he aint even in Bootcamp yet and hes wantin leave already WTF..

There is a lot of IF's

First one is IF he makes it through Boot Camp.

Second is IF he doesn't get dropped/recycled for some unknown reason.

IF he gets past those he might go the recruiter route or else he will have to accept that life just is not always gonna go as planned and he is gonna miss the festivities.

Heck we did not get leave until after ITR back in 69...

that is why i put " if everything goes as planned." LOL

Thread Information