Reserve w/ PLC
Create Post

Thread: Reserve w/ PLC

Reserve w/ PLC

I have recently been looking into joining the Marines. I am going to be going to college this fall as a freshman, and have been looking into my options. There is NROTC, and I am disinclined to do it because of the time commitment. have not yet taken the ASVAB yet, but I believe I will do pretty Well. The option that I am hoping for would be to join the reserves and apply to get into the Platoon Leaders Course. I am interested in the 1371 Combat Engineer MOS. I have a couple of questions.
    1) If I went on the Delayed Entry Program, going to Basic Training in January of 2007, and applied for the PLC after this first semester of college, what would be my chances of getting into the PLC.?
    2) If I got into the PLC, would I be able to be activated before I finished college?
    3) What would happen after I graduated college and PLC?

Any help answering these questions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hunter

I have recently been informed that basic trainging is called "Boot Camp." My mistake. Consider it hereby changed.

You don't have to go into the Reserves in order to go into the Platoon Leaders Course (PLC). It will help you and you will make more money if you do, but you don't have to do it. NROTC is the best answer because it will pay your entire way through college. Contact the OSO in the area of which college you're looking to go to and he can help you with the PLC program. However, to be an Officer you need a 74 AFQT on the ASVAB, SAT of 1000, ACT of 22, or ACT (combined Math and Verbal of 45). Also, if you are a reservist you can be deployed. The option to not deploy was done away with almost a year ago.

Thread Information