Future performances of Silent Drill Platoon - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Here's an email I got on the 11th - if anybody is in the area..............

Marines,

The purpose of this announcement is to make you aware of an upcoming event in Charlotte, North Carolina that will feature the United States Marine Corps. The organizers of this event have requested that I contact you despite the distance. Past Drum Corps International events routinely attract attendance from all over the country. And, as fellow Marines, my goal is to let you know you are welcome here in North Carolina.

On Sunday, 30 July, 2006 the Marine Corps Battle Color Detachment will perform as part of the NightBEAT Drum & Bugle Corps Competition in Charlotte. The Marine Corps Battle Color Detachment consists of three elements: The Commandant's Own - Marine Corps Drum & Bugle Corps, The Marine Corps Color Guard and the Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon.

Please go to this website to familiarize yourself with the NightBEAT Drum & Bugle Corps Competition
    http://nightbeat.carolinacrown.org/

Tickets for this event are discounted by choosing "Apply Discount" at the end of the "Buy Tickets" routine. Then choose "Military Discount". This should bring the $12 ticket down to $8. There are no discounts for the higher priced seats. However - there is no bad seat in the stadium. All have great views of the event.

Please respond and I will send you additional information.

Bear in mind that this event is more than a brief performance of the Silent Drill Platoon. Getting them to Charlotte has been accomplished with a team of influential former Marines in local government and business, the Marine Corps Reserve, Marine Corps Recruiting and five years of involvement by the Marine Corps League. This show, and the 10,000+ in attendence, provide the Marine Corps with a prime opportunity to promote all Marine related endeavors in this region.

There are many things we can do to welcome the Marines to Charlotte as well as promote our organization and interests. Your suggestions are welcome.

PLEASE RE-TRANSMIT THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR E-MAIL LISTS.

More as it becomes available...

Semper Fidelis,

Jim Tant
    Senior Vice Commandant
    Department of North Carolina
    www.ncmcleague.org

Phone: 704-841-0745
    FAX: 704-841-7734

More info on Jul 30 event in Charlotte, NC

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hi all,
    So I watched the new commercial featuring the Silent Drill Platoon, and it was so moving and motivating that I shed a few tears. I would say this is by far the best USMC commercial I've ever seen. Now I'm very stoked because I learned that the Silent Drill Platoon will be coming to San Diego in March. Thanks to rvillac2 for posting the schedule on the Open Squad Bay. I would have made my comments on his thread, but since I'm not a Marine (but still aspiring to become one someday) thought I make my comments here in this thread that I started and repost the link to the schedule for those who are interested:
    http://drumcorps.mbw.usmc.mil/schedule.htm

I already marked my calendar to see the Battle Color Ceremony on Saturday, March 8 at the MCRD San Diego. As this will be my first time going to this ceremony, can any Marine shed some light on the order of events for the ceremony? I'm aware that the Drum and Bugle Corps and the Color Guard will be performing (which should also be great to watch), and I'd just like to anticipate who is performing first, and who performs next, etc.. How long does the entire ceremony last, and would I be able to attend the event as a civilian?

Thanks so much!

we actually had a special guest from 8th and 1 come to the poolee chat tonight

http://www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil/

Check it out!

U.S. Marine Corps Battle Color Detachment

http://www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil/2008Battlecolors.doc

Credits
    Savings
    I think that DI was one of the guys in Ears Open Eyeballs Click...

you guys ever look at the comment section for anything that has any kind of military organization in it on youtube? they get so stupid I can't help but read them to laugh at the stupid stuff people say. Every single time anyone puts up a video of the US military the comments always hit on the Iraq war, what branch is the best, what country is the best, George Bush, and in general- the USA.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Tegan for posting the links. I e-mailed the Marines who were in charge of the schedule, and they replied back saying that only the 2:30 p.m. is open to the public on March 8th. So definitely will be going to that one. Can't wait to see all of those Marines perform!

Credits
    Savings
    Finally my dream came true as I got to watch the Silent Drill Platoon perform in the Battle Color Ceremony at MCRD San Diego. What an amazing performance these Marines put on for the entire crowd!! Thought I share some of those spectacular moments from that day that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	S5004873 rev.JPG‎
Views:	180
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	5292   Click image for larger version

Name:	S5004887 rev.JPG‎
Views:	187
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	5293   Click image for larger version

Name:	S5004889 rev.JPG‎
Views:	186
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	5294  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000627 rev.JPG‎
Views:	178
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	5295  

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    The Perfection and Percision makes any grown man stand up and cheer. Good shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird
    Finally my dream came true as I got to watch the Silent Drill Platoon perform in the Battle Color Ceremony at MCRD San Diego. What an amazing performance these Marines put on for the entire crowd!! Thought I share some of those spectacular moments from that day that I will cherish for the rest of my life.
    I know I should not be posting here, etc, but it is truly one of the most beautiful things anyone can see.

I go every summer and am forever in awe of the precision they show.

If anyone is ever in DC and needs tickets to the parade, which is every friday night at 8th and I, all you need to do is call the USMC office in the Capitol and they will hook you up. I'm always happy to get them for people if needed.

Sorry for the post here, but I had to agree, and offer my ability to snag tickets if anyone is visting DC this summer.

Thread Information