An utterly disrecpectful cartoon of the Marine Corps emblem!!! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Another Piece Of ****

Wrote the guy, no response yet, will let you know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by criggleman

Well kiss my azz,never in a million yrs would I had believed anyone but it is true, I'm seeing it before my very eyes for the very 1st time, 'SNAIL SH*T DOES EXIST"

Registered User Free Member mmoore98's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Think he changed his e-mail address

I sent him a note, but it came back just a minute ago as "receipient does not like sender" and "not a vaild address", so I'm sure he didn't like the responses he was getting....or he was so overwhelmed and his site so full, that it was just easier to shut it down, and get a new site.

Gary Moore
    Former Cpl/USMC
    Viet Nam Era...they don't have service numbers anymore, do they.

Thumbs down

I just sent that piece of S$$$ what i think of him. Ah's like him couldn't make it in the real world.

Semper Fi Bill

No reply to my sent mail

I sent him one that I posted earlier. And I haven't gotten a reply. I don't care. He's just another "idiot" trying to gain some fame, by using other's. He's a sorry piece of humanity, which we have many of his kind. Yeah, it really P*****me off, and I spoke up. I also added a post, from another Marine who wrote the other side of how it might be taken, and maybe this idiot did us a favor and those on duty, with this cartoon. It could strike even more fear into our enemies. We can't sit round and not respond. Is his e-mail the same, or has it been changed? Just in case, I may have anudder urge to give him a good pen lashing....Carryon you bunch of Maggot's. SF

Quote Originally Posted by cplwatson2dsrig
    To all Marines and members,

Last week I was forwarded a political cartoon/sattire from my retired 1stSgt.
    It is the most disrespectful and ignorant depiction of our emblem or Marine Corps that I have ever seen.

I urge all Marines and members to check it out and reply to the artist at this newspaper. Demand a public apology of some sort and expain your feelings about what it means to you, us, and our country. Maybe he will reply to you like he did to me, no apology, but he did thank me for my thoughts, WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!!!!!

I am going to forward the cartoon to the O'Rielly factor this weekend and with some luck he will help put pressure on this cartoonist for an apology.

Here is the website: http://www.azcentral.com/php-bin/sli...s=66&go=1&go=1

The cartoonists e-mail address is: STEVEBENSON@ARIZONAREPUBLIC.COM

We all earned the title, now lets keep its honor clean!!!

SEMPER FI Marines,
    CplWatson2dSRIG

Mr Benson's new address is: steve.benson@arizonarepublic.com

If you can't get through to him there send you mail to the editors, check out their letter guidelines though. I am working on a letter to them now.

If he (benson) does not want to deal with this situation and wants to ignore it, then we should put heat on his editor and in any other ways possible.

CplWatson2dsrig.

Just gave my thoughts to him on his arrogant picture. I believe this address will work. steve.benson@arizonarepublic.com Its the same as before, just with a period in the middle.

I also just got a reply no such user.Piece of **** couldn't stand up like the rest of us.

Steve Bendson's address

The reason some of his email was returned was that the address posted is wrong....

It's steve.benson@arizonarepublic.com

My email to him was returned due to a bad address and I had to go to the newspaper's home page to look up staff addresses to find the real one. he did not serve in the Corps so he's ignorant of what that globe and anchor means to those of who did and pride ourselves on being one of the 10 percenters. However, not apologizing when pointed out that he crewed up big time just shows what kind of man he is.. or should I say isn't.

Registered User Free Member RingoShort's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs down Semper Civilianus

I replied as well... The Marine Corps is a family business with my father, my brother, an uncle, and 2 cousins all doing honorable time (and combat time for 3). HEre is my reply... I hope he... well, nothing, because O care not enough for him to hope anything for him.

I understand the idea of the political cartoon is to give the public something to think about, and to put forth the artists thoughts while attempting levity; however, using the symbol of ANY branch of the military is severely off-line and absolutely belittles you and the institution you wish to poke fun at, as well as the publication(s) that you are printed in.
    I find it particularly offensive that you have used the Marine Corps emblem in such a manner, and find it even more antagonizing that you have changed the name of the Marines to reflect some agenda you hold, and to make cheap political points. It is abhorrant to do such with ANY branch of the service; however using the most respect and- till now- nearly unsmudged name of the United States Marine Corps is so completely out of line that it borders on the laughable... although I doubt any of the members of that fine organization would be willing to put the word "laughable" anywhere near you or your work.
    Currently, there is- as I am sure you know- a soldier from the 101st Airborne who is being tried for conspiracy, rape, and murder of a young Iraqi woman. I wonder if we will see anything you might design with the US Army emblem, and a smear on the US Army name? I think not, and I would hope not.
    Although I sincerely don't believe you are the type of man who is willing to admit that you have made a mistake of this magnitude and to apologize (you more than likely feel that cheap shots are not a mistake, I am guessing), I feel that you owe the Marines who have served their nation well and honorably an apology, and as you have, in effect, tried and convicted Amreican Citizens who are entitled to be innocent until proven guilty, you should also apologize to the Marines who are accused of involvement in any wrong doing, and to the military lawyers who are required to attempt an acquittal with comments suich as yours attempting to derail their right to due process. One more thing you should be made aware of, in case you had not the information: The Arizona Republic is read widely in the Yuma Arizona area by the very Marines that you are belittling, and I can almost guarantee that a very great majority of them will be cancelling their subscriptions, and/or will stop reading your newspaper as a result of your cartoon. I am quitre sure, also, that many of those will be more than willing to tell your editors exactly why it is they made that decision. Although, I am sure they are the forgiving type that won't let a few hundred/thousand newspapers a day stand between you and freedom of speech/ press, I would be willing to guess that they would be interested in having an apology sent to those who serve, and those who read. Well, not to worry... I am sure they are willing to take the brunt of the heat. After all... it IS their newspaper, you are simply the one who were discourteous enough to turn the cartoon in for printing.
    One last thought: Please be advised that I am sending a copy of your cartoon along with a note explaining why my local papers should not carry your artwork now, or at any time in the future that they might be of a mind to. As I live in small-town America with an overly large population of military veterans (and 2 Marine Corps League Detachments with over-lapping territories, due to the numbers of Marines locally), I am sure that this is an area where your stream of income would not be that large in the near future.

Anyone work for a newspaper,maybe put a toon in about him/newspaper being a communist/terrorist sympathsizer !!!

Registered User Free Member shorty49715's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Angry disrespected symbol

I JUST LOOKED AT THE CARTOON (#17 OF 66). I HAVE TO ADD MY DISGUST TO ALL OTHERS. OBVIOUSLY, HE WAS NEVER IN ANY BRANCH OF SERVICE, OR HE WOULD NEVER DISRESPECT A SERVICE EMBLEM LIKE THAT. SGT SHORTROUND (RET)

Quote Originally Posted by rgprunty
    The reason some of his email was returned was that the address posted is wrong....

It's steve.benson@arizonarepublic.com

My email to him was returned due to a bad address and I had to go to the newspaper's home page to look up staff addresses to find the real one. he did not serve in the Corps so he's ignorant of what that globe and anchor means to those of who did and pride ourselves on being one of the 10 percenters. However, not apologizing when pointed out that he crewed up big time just shows what kind of man he is.. or should I say isn't.

I have put his new address in an earlier post. His address was without the dot when he released the picture. He changed the address probally becuase of a large surge in mail. this board is not the only circle reply'ing to this picture.

No Answer

I emailed the artist with comments, still no answer.

Thread Information