An utterly disrecpectful cartoon of the Marine Corps emblem!!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation An utterly disrecpectful cartoon of the Marine Corps emblem!!!

To all Marines and members,

Last week I was forwarded a political cartoon/sattire from my retired 1stSgt.
    It is the most disrespectful and ignorant depiction of our emblem or Marine Corps that I have ever seen.

I urge all Marines and members to check it out and reply to the artist at this newspaper. Demand a public apology of some sort and expain your feelings about what it means to you, us, and our country. Maybe he will reply to you like he did to me, no apology, but he did thank me for my thoughts, WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!!!!!

I am going to forward the cartoon to the O'Rielly factor this weekend and with some luck he will help put pressure on this cartoonist for an apology.

Here is the website: http://www.azcentral.com/php-bin/sli...s=66&go=1&go=1

The cartoonists e-mail address is: STEVEBENSON@ARIZONAREPUBLIC.COM

We all earned the title, now lets keep its honor clean!!!

SEMPER FI Marines,
    CplWatson2dSRIG

Quote Originally Posted by cplwatson2dsrig
    To all Marines and members,

Last week I was forwarded a political cartoon/sattire from my retired 1stSgt.
    It is the most disrespectful and ignorant depiction of our emblem or Marine Corps that I have ever seen.

I urge all Marines and members to check it out and reply to the artist at this newspaper. Demand a public apology of some sort and expain your feelings about what it means to you, us, and our country. Maybe he will reply to you like he did to me, no apology, but he did thank me for my thoughts, WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!!!!!

I am going to forward the cartoon to the O'Rielly factor this weekend and with some luck he will help put pressure on this cartoonist for an apology.

Here is the website: http://www.azcentral.com/php-bin/sli...s=66&go=1&go=1

The cartoonists e-mail address is: STEVEBENSON@ARIZONAREPUBLIC.COM

We all earned the title, now lets keep its honor clean!!!

SEMPER FI Marines,
    CplWatson2dSRIG

This has been seen cpl watson and YES,some of us have fired off a letter.This individual is only looking for his 15 mins of fame, also we are seeing just how good the papers are for our enemys,case in point the NYT.I'm sure you have seen their damaging comments also.

look at the picture closely, he has the eagle with an evil grin and some weird face in the eyelit of the anchor.

Well this is the 1st i have seen of it, i hope i am not repeating an earlier post, but i felt compelled to act on it.

I sent this to the cartoonist:
    Obviously you've never worn the emblem. It's also obvious that you're carrying a double overload of estrogen.
    Maybe you should get a testosterone shot and start acting like a man.
    Wouldn't do any good. In 35 years in the newspaper business I've never met a cartoonist who wasn't a back-stabbing wuss who hides behind his newspaper's masthead.
    You wouldn't dare do something like that emblem when you're face to face with a group of Marines.

Kent Mitchell
    Stone Mountain, GA

Lynch Mob ????

This is my responce to this Airhead...

Steve Benson,

You may feel compelled to complicate things between two nations at war but to total disrepect the Emblem that US Marines hold dearly has over stepped your bounds. We as Marines know the difference between real men and real *******s likes yourself. Whenever you feel compelled to do something for the Nation you live in, like maybe keep it safe or fight for your own right to free speech instead waiting for the US Military to do it for you, then by GOD do it. But I doubt that you would know the difference between the real enemy and another Military member. Since you wish to jump on this sadistic band wagon that has declared our Marines and Soldiers as total idiots and disgraces I suggest that you appraoch a Marine first. One that just got back from the War and doesn't have the time to deal with you properly. One that has seen his Brothers and or Sisters get blown up, shot, killed in any other fashion. Since your sissy ass won't do the job then don't knock the ones that will. You are about as an embarrassment to the United States Of America as possible to even think that you can create such a picture to get your 15 minutes of fame without worrying who may be coming over your shoulder to prove you wrong. Marines are everywhere and will take up for thier own. We Marines take pride in our acheivements and liberations. Not like you who aer willing to let us do it for you and then open your mouth or picture us as Barbaric imbiciles just waiting to kill. until you have an idea of what it is like to have to take another's life to retain your own or your family members I would advise you to shut the **** up and leave the military to do it's job while your pansy ass sits in comfort that we supply for you. If you have any questions you can contact me at 910-326-3991. Don't hesitate to call because I won't hesitate to answer. To me your are one big pile of **** that I would flush down the tubes just so you don't stink up real journalists with real stories from the front that don't get published because they defrend he United States Military from *******s like you.

Sincerely,

Johnny McCalom

hopefully it just about covers it.

I sent this piece of crap my regards!!!!! He will probably not want to be my friend, like I give a big ole dump!!!

Eat s#$t and die MF!!

SEMPER FI,

All I ask for, is a few minutes in a dark alley with son of a b***.

how many of you got a reply from mister benson? i did and it was a joke.

I wrote to him but he must of done something because it comes back as a recipient failure.

Address unknown
    Miserable SOB

Quote Originally Posted by cplwatson2dsrig
    how many of you got a reply from mister benson? i did and it was a joke.
    what was the reply???? he did something that sent my Email back to me.

He thanked me for my thoughts, and told that he was an independant party voter, after i questioned his party affiliation. that was it, no apology's or hint of remorse, or explanation of his thoughts on his cartoon.

I just e mailed him yesterday, his e mail has been changed. I guess he could not handle the responses from all Marines who have seen his his stroke of ignorance. I will find another way to contact him so the heat can stay on him.

my response to his picture

Date:Mon, 3 Jul 2006 13:37:47 -0700 (PDT)
    From:"darell spann" Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
    Subject:your illustration
    To:STEVEBENSON@ARIZONAREPUBLIC.COM

Its very clear to me that you have never served a day as a service member, especially as a US Marine. Your illustration of the eagle globe and anchor was a slap to the face of every Marine who has ever earned the title. You sit behind your desk, pecking away at your keyboard, sketching some worthless depiction, while young men and women sit in a fighting hole sketching out range cards. Its a damn good thing there are Marines, otherwise youd be working for a german newspaper drawing pictures of your hero, hitler. You wouldnt last a day in one of our or any servicemembers boots.

SSgt DW Spann
    USMC

Thread Information