An utterly disrecpectful cartoon of the Marine Corps emblem!!! - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Got a response

Thank you, Snyder, for taking the time to express your opinion.
    Best wishes,
    Steve Benson

---What an A**---

Called Steve Benson

LeatherNecks,

I called Steve Benson and talked to him personally. He Says that he can make fun of any-one and anything he wants without hesitation. He does not wish to confront any-one with real issues and will only talk in circles. Here is a Phone Number to jis Supervisoring Editor Mr. Ken Western 1-602-444-8138 and here is Mr. Steve Benson's work Number 1-602-444-4407. I figure if we give them enough heat that they will either change thier numbers or be confronted with the issue and have to do something about it. Devil Dawgs It's up to us now.

Letter Sent

I sent this guy a letter today. I do not know if he will get it but i hope it will educate him about Marines. The most fun i had was in the Marines and it is good to know that some of you out there still get ****ed when some one tries to **** on us. SF

Cpl P. Hillman
    MWHS-3
    82-85

Quote Originally Posted by junker316
    LeatherNecks,

I called Steve Benson and talked to him personally. He Says that he can make fun of any-one and anything he wants without hesitation. He does not wish to confront any-one with real issues and will only talk in circles. Here is a Phone Number to jis Supervisoring Editor Mr. Ken Western 1-602-444-8138 and here is Mr. Steve Benson's work Number 1-602-444-4407. I figure if we give them enough heat that they will either change thier numbers or be confronted with the issue and have to do something about it. Devil Dawgs It's up to us now.

Cuddo's to Junker316 Bro's/Sister Marines. I'll be on the sqauk box Monday. Be neat if 30,000 jarheads from leatherneck. com phoned in a complaint or sent a nice fuq-u-o-gram to this sorry lil maggot benson. What a person wont do to get there 15 min of fame.

Mr. Western

Leathernecks,

Mr. Western Called me back and I identified our views on this Disrepectful Pic of our Beloved Emblem. He was very reasurring that his respectful Newspaper does not condone such things and that hopefully such Pics won't been seen again. I stated the obvious to us, which is that the Emblem of the USMC is earned and not given and that we as Marines don't take such things lightly to include the sencitivity of our brothers and sisters coming back from the front. Mr. Western was very understanding and very helpful. Even though after the conversation with Mr Benson being a total failure because of his low life attitude Mr. Western was more than praising our military efforts. Mr. Western only wishes that we all can push passed this and let by gones be by gones. I wish to thank Mr. Western for his call back and listening to my concerns.

Thumbs up

this guy is a jerk wtf does ubiquitous mean anyway? I tried to be nice but retards like him college or no need to have their backsides removed. Maybe he should see a proctologist. EVERYONE CALL HIM!!!

I told you all that Steve Benson is a total A$$hole. Call Mr Western and express your views with him. His Number is listed as well.

Registered User Free Member RingoShort's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Mr. Western wants by-gones to be by-gones for the very simple fact that it is good business for him to have it such, and for us to "forgive and forget" about this little indescretion.
    Well, Marines, I- for one- am not willing to do either. My father was one of the last Vietnam casualties (Agent Orange brain tumor in '98), and my brother, being Forced Recon has been in the heat as well. Not to mention that we have Brothers and Sisters who are currently feeling the heat in more ways than one, and another 8 from my area left today. Yes, there are some who wore the uniform who might not deserve the respect earned by those doing good time; however, from someone who never put their name reputation, and bodyparts on the line for something they might not have even believed in, EVERYONE who ever wore the Eagle Globe and Anchor (as well as the other branches of the service) deserves nothing but praise and respect, and a hearty thank you for doing what they, themselves, would never have the intestinal fortitude to handle.
    I think I'm going to have to drop Mr. Western a little note. I am feeling a bit "saucy" this fine Marine Coprps evening.

Quote Originally Posted by RingoShort
    Mr. Western wants by-gones to be by-gones for the very simple fact that it is good business for him to have it such, and for us to "forgive and forget" about this little indescretion.
    Well, Marines, I- for one- am not willing to do either. My father was one of the last Vietnam casualties (Agent Orange brain tumor in '98), and my brother, being Forced Recon has been in the heat as well. Not to mention that we have Brothers and Sisters who are currently feeling the heat in more ways than one, and another 8 from my area left today. Yes, there are some who wore the uniform who might not deserve the respect earned by those doing good time; however, from someone who never put their name reputation, and bodyparts on the line for something they might not have even believed in, EVERYONE who ever wore the Eagle Globe and Anchor (as well as the other branches of the service) deserves nothing but praise and respect, and a hearty thank you for doing what they, themselves, would never have the intestinal fortitude to handle.
    I think I'm going to have to drop Mr. Western a little note. I am feeling a bit "saucy" this fine Marine Coprps evening.

I didn't say I believed his respounce. But at least he did listen to what I said. As for Steve Benson...well just keep reading the posts from those who call him. Me Western will get the point if as many of us call him as possible. I know he just wanted to " satisfy " my remarks. I know he wants me to believe that all is fine in this world and that his Newspaper has no option but to allow Steve Benson to publish such trash about the Military. I say to keep calling until every-one of us Marines and loved ones of Marines has voiced our thoughts. I also let Mr Western know that there is a Black list formed by the Military that could make sure that his Newspapers never make it on to military installations. Of causing thousands of dollars of lost revenue for the paper. But at least he gave me a reply whereas Steve Benson is a traitor to this land and will try to contain that he can do as he pleases no matter who it offends. Maybe just maybe we as Marines can sue his arse, since that seems to be the " in " thing now a days, for false accusations against us Marines. I figure that the Newspaper might be willing to settle out of court. Hell I might even give it a try. What do you all think??????

Mr Western is just trying to calm the situation down, that is probally part of his job, to protect the papers image. I like the idea of a slander lawsuit as such that junker316 mentioned, maybe a class action lawsuit on behalf of all marines, and any payout would go to marine widows and children for college funds, trust funds for hard time etc... anybody with legal friends or knowledge, is this possible???

cplwatson2dsrig

I don't think the f***er is going to respond to any of our emails. He was stupid enough to make the cartoon, but doesn't have the balls to respond when confronted by those he has slapped in the face. Assh&&&

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Lawsuit

Forget a lawsuit. As a "political cartoonist" for the media, to show any kind of slander/libel: #1 - there were in fact actual damages suffered by the plaintiffs casued by that cartoon. #2 - he drew the cartoon with actual malice aforethought, knowing it was 100% false, knowing it would cause damages, and recklessly not caring.

This is nearly an impossible legal burden to prove in this country given the First Amendment and a number of court cases ruled upon by the Black Robe Society (actual malice is a court invented thing, not a Constitutional thing).

In fact, such a suit likely wouldn't survive past the first motion for summary dismissal, never mind see a jury (even if you could get a lawyer to file it in the first place).

Even if actual damages were suffered by the plaintiff, or class of plaintiffs (not legally likely), proving he drew that cartoon with actual malice aforethought, and not just expressing a simple "opinion," is the actual impossibility. The media gets a whole lot of room to screw with people this way, and they use it.

Although I am not a lawyer, I've been through this slander, libel, and defamation thing a number of times as a police officer.

Zulu's right !!

A lawsuit is a waste of time, spend time calling his editor or the sorry a**hole Steve Benson. This pinhead spit on his own grandfather, you know he doesn't give a damn about the Marines. I say we make his life a living hell, no rest for the bastard.

Registered User Free Member RingoShort's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I actually got a reply from the civilian in question. He thanked me for my e-mail. Gee, what a swell guy.

Sounds to me like either the paper goes out of business for his actions the revenue lost from this action will have to cause some-one to do something about this A$$hole. Since Zulu knows what he is talking about, and after checking into myself to see what kinds results we could look forward to, the only thing we as the " Plaintiffs " can do is impress upon him and his bosses that unless there is something done about it that we intend to make a suggestion to other not to buy the paper. Thus bringing the revenue down until closure of the paper is imminate. From what I checcked into we can not sued for lose of revenue, thus the 1st Admend. is on our side, and by suggesting that the Paper's cartoonist is by far using the paper to provide his political views to hundreds of readers. Also maliously attacking the US Military by suggesting to the public that everything we do ends in loss of innocent lives, torturing of POWs, and malious attacks upon civilians as pay back against the insurgents respouncible for loss of American lives. Making us look like we are no better than the enemy we are fighting against. Thus the Geneva Convention is not an issue used by the US Military Forces in either Iraq or Afghanistan. Maybe those of us, that can not be held to our actions as active Duty or Reservists, that are in the area of this Paper could hold a demostration against the paper on thier front door. Of course inviting the News and other Papers to the event to show moral support for our Marine Brothers anad Sisters.

Just something to think about....

Thread Information