Questions about School Of Infantry - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I back this Marines legitimacy 100% he did graduate June 23rd and just made an error filling out his profile. He is no poser.
    Nope, he one that we are expecting good things from. Please give us a hand in adding to his knowledge and prepardness. Seriously, I swear that this lad is worth it. SSgt Jim Nelson and I have his back 100%.

Credits
    Savings

Talking No Duty In The Boonies

Quote Originally Posted by Focus Fate
    going ITB, good to know there'll be plenty of long humps, *sigh* Oh well I'll learn to love it
    I got lucky at ITR every time I turned around I was loaded with poison oak and missed a lot of humping . Everytime they got me snooping & pooping in the boonies I got it...ITR, Division, NCO Leadership School you name it. Calamine lotion was a joke, the only thing that would work was cortizone injections. At ITR my leg swelled up so big I couldn't put my utility pants on. I though for sure this was my ticket back home, lol.

SF

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    At ITR my leg swelled up so big I couldn't put my utility pants on. I though for sure this was my ticket back home, lol.
    I hear ya'! There's that nasty little Demon that goads you into taking the easy way out. But the larger portion of you screams out, No Never! Poison Oak Be Damned, I'm Going to Hang in and Do My Job.

A sane person does not want 20 hours days eating crackers and peanut butter, and sleeping in some dirt hole.

Thanks for the tip on poison oak. I'll keep an eye out LOL

Credits
    Savings

Exclamation Cuba october 1962

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    I hear ya'! There's that nasty little Demon that goads you into taking the easy way out. But the larger portion of you screams out, No Never! Poison Oak Be Damned, I'm Going to Hang in and Do My Job.

A sane person does not want 20 hours days eating crackers and peanut butter, and sleeping in some dirt hole.
    Dammm! your good, how did you know that's what we ate for the first few days after arriving by jet to Guantanamo for a front row seat at WWIII...peanut butter, punk and frozen milk and off brand warm soda. Those people they have imprisoned there have it better than we did. I was one big misquito bite... wasps too... chugging quinine, mud everywhere. Talk about torturing prisoners...

"Go tell it to the Marines!" ~ Roosevelt

I went through SOI back in 92. Like the others posted, be prepared for early mornings waiting to draw weapons at the armory, long humps to BFE, lots of weapons time, long humps BACK, long nights cleaning weapons at the armory, lots of MRE's. And LOTS of Hurry up and Wait. The troop handlers were fairly competent, they arent as hard core as DI's but dont put up with any $hit either. They are more likely to settle you out if you get out of line. They treat you like Marines, and expect you to act like one.

If you arent humping or in the field, I remember having most evenings to our selves, and if we had a good field day, Thurs nights, we usually had liberty early Fri afternoon until 0600 Monday mornings...Stay out of the E club, or at least keep your mouth shut. Dont go down on the hookers in tiajuana either...

Bill

Credits
    Savings

Talking Ouch!

Thanks for the tip on poison oak. I'll keep an eye out LOL
    When you get it in your eyes you know you been somewhere...experience...

The last time I got it was in '76 in the Wisconsin boonies rolling in the bushes with the Mrs., lol

SF

Quote Originally Posted by testforecho2112
    ... And LOTS of Hurry up and Wait.
    You said it all right there. Ah, how I miss the Corps............

Credits
    Savings

Exclamation Never got the clap

Stay out of the E club, or at least keep your mouth shut. Dont go down on the hookers in tiajuana either...

Bill
    And I won't get it again!

Good advice testforecho2112 wish I listened to my uncle WWII he warned me (he called it a strain that he got in the Phillipines WWII, lol) ah, but you know stupid males with a raging hard on and no where to put it.

A little WWII story my uncle told me about how in the army the soldiers were issued a pro, a purple tablet with a skull and cross bones on it to be dissolved in water and used as a wash after exposure. Well, one night in the Phillipines his buddy said, kid throw me that canteen and randomly my uncle threw him a canteen unknowing that a pro mixture was in it. Lucky they were attached to a field hospital because his buddy had two thirds of his stomach removed that night. First they tried court-marshalling my uncle for trying to kill his buddy, then they tried court-marshalling his buddy for trying to commit suicide.

Ha! One of the things I love about Leatherneck.com, other than all you nasty jarheads, is the memories that some of these topics bring back...

Fun now, but man I hated those humps then...anyone remember the 'microwave tower just north of SOI...everytime one of our humps passed (every hump I think) it, we climbed it...several times...

Bill

damn crazy stuff you're describing. Still can't wait to go and prove my mettal again. (sp?)

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    damn crazy stuff you're describing. Still can't wait to go and prove my mettal again. (sp?)
    You wouldn't be one of us if you refused to take on new challenges. Semper Fi!

Just wait until you get to climb Mt. Motherphucker and the Jolly Green Giant a few times...you'll wish you had chosen Motor T. Those $hit heads would drive by us and wave....

Good luck, seriously. You'll do well. Just keep up the PT prior to SOI, they jump right into it.

Bill

Just wait until you get to climb Mt. Motherphucker and the Jolly Green Giant a few times...you'll wish you had chosen Motor T. Those $hit heads would drive by us and wave....
    Bill
    Motor T baby! If you can't truck it F@*# it!

Thread Information