Makes me wanna PUKE !!! - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Whats wrong is we need to clear and clean house on these prehistoric SOB'S and start fresh,term limits,they pay into SOC.SEC. like we do,Pay for there own medical, cut back on there astonomical pensions, better yetthey need to see it stripped from there grubbie little paws like there corporatre buddies have done to us little people who have busted hump for a living.Alot of peeps dont realize how good the boys on the hill have made it for themselves.Hey but its just this peon's opinion.SF

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    They don't give themselves a raise, it goes into effect with no action. They have to vote not to get the cost of living raise. And, raising the minimum wage to over $7 an hour like some wanted to do would cause inflation to go through the roof and nearly cripple our economy. It was the most asinine proposal of the year. The $6.25 an hour proposal is a little better, but would still cost many hourly employees their job, and would raise the price of every good and service you purchase.

And, as sad as it is, this is an election year. There is nothing in the world that would keep the members of Congress from taking time of to campaign. Like it or not, it is a part of the system of government we have. Personally, I'm glad they're on recess. If Congress isn't meeting, they can't screw anything up.
    iTS THE SAME SOB CHIT THEY TOLD US WHEN THEY WERE TRYING FOR $5 bucks an hr, and kennedy was leading the charge to kabosh it, but they got a payraise that same yr.This same song and dance is heard every time, inflation,inflation,inflation,its called scare tactics.

Yeah, as soon as I see that the moron that wrote that site said Bush had handlers I quit reading. I don't care to read lies from the extreme kook fringe on the left or right. And, if someone thinks that Bush needs someone to handle him, they are simply too stupid for me to waste time reading what they wrote. To top it off, the chump that wrote the article says the invasion of both Iraq and Afghanistan were illegal. What does it take to make a legal war? A nuke shoved in someone's ear? But, this still doesn't explain to me how the actions of Prescott Bush, long dead, matter today. If you're speaking of the character of the President of the United States, his own father didn't share the views of his grandfather, so why would one assume he agreed with Prescott?
    (Wait, I'll answer that. Its because they are stuck in a position where everything they see is political, and that politics revolves around the fact that Bush is hated by them.)

All politicians have handlers. Most senior executives in business have handlers. They do things like ensure that their boss stays on topic, understands the topic they are staying on. They are simply managers. Having a handler is a good thing.

Yeah, as soon as I see that the moron that wrote that site said Bush had handlers I quit reading.
    Yes... Bush is one of the less 'handled' of presidents, I believe.

If this were not the case, and he actually had someone whispering in his ear, what her should say, he would probably be a much more polised speaker, than he is.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Well hey, I know that up here if you want something done in the Veterans' Group Circles, you talk to the Sgt-at-Arms. The organizational Presidents are 'handled', mostly to maintain consistency and group longevity.

Being accountable and on top of everything does necessitate handlers. The Commander in Chief just cannot be expected to know the service number, gas mask size, and blood type of millions servicemen.

Then add foreign and domestic policy to his plate. He's a busy guy. We are getting a heck of a bargain paying him only $400K.

How well he actually does the job is subjective to history. Look at John Kerry, his handlers have done a **** poor job altogether. His handlers blew what should have been a cake walk election.

What in the Hell are ya'll talkin' 'bout?

"Excuse me?" "What in the hell are ya'll talkin' 'bout? What was the subject? Did I miss something? More than likely. Somebody tell me the original subject matter, and maybe we can stay on it? That is....."The subject at hand, whatever it might be?" Help me out here Maggot's, it's my birthday, "was it, 4 rounds of Jose Cuervo?" Oh well, fill me in, I'd like to yakk a bit. LOL....

mlurtsema, I am well aware of the type of handlers you're talking about- I happen to be one of them. But, you know, as well as I do, that this type of thing isn't what the article was talking about. They were implying that Bush doesnt' make his own decisions and that he is just a puppet, and that is total BS.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    In my humble opinion, I think that no one should serve more than two terms. I would make the terms 5 years and have ALL elections on the same day (Save time & money). As for the parties, there ain’t much difference in the entire lot. The only reason I’m a Republican is for the Pro- Family & Pro-Military stance. As for spending money, both the Reps & the Dems are a bunch of *****s who would do or say anything for a vote. I am fairly sick of ALL of them. What ever happened to the second greatest document of all time, the US Constitution?

mlurtsema, I am well aware of the type of handlers you're talking about- I happen to be one of them. But, you know, as well as I do, that this type of thing isn't what the article was talking about. They were implying that Bush doesnt' make his own decisions and that he is just a puppet, and that is total BS.
    I didn't pick up the entire thread...sorry if I missed the context. Frankly I don't know enough about Bush to know if he thinks for himself or not. I think he is a liberal in conservative clothing -- the major difference being that while liberals tend to tax and spend, the current administration is borrowing and spending. Other than that, I think his is executing this war poorly. In the first place, congress hasn't even declared war (and I don't know if he asked them to). Congress should have declared war on the country or countries that harboring terrorists. In the second place, the rules of engagement sound all ****ed up to me (as an observer who hasn't been on the ground). Finally, the war powers granted to Bush by congress in the after math of 9/11 don't sit well with me. Its not that I don't trust Bush with those powers, I wouldn't trust anyone with them. Perhaps, I am cynical about human nature, but I don't think people generally handle power very well. And, I think with few exceptions, history confirms my cynicism. In the end, I voted for Bush twice, but he lost me somewhere along the way.

Credits
    Savings

Exclamation This is how liberty dies-to thunderous applause

I am reminded that the studies of R. G. LeTourneau show that the average age of the world's great governments has been 200 years, and that the general steps through which they progressed and regressed were: from bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to great courage; from abundance to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependency; and from dependency back again to bondage.

If the above is taken as a statement of natural law, then we are doomed. However, history records that early civilizations have often responded to a challenge and then gone on to a higher plane. In other words, the expression is cyclic in character with different degrees of amplitude and different frequencies. My faith in the underlying character of the American people persuades me that, despite periods of weak leadership, we will check the downswing before it is too late.

I think someone woke up on the wrong side of life!!

MONEY is the motivator in politics these days. Most all dickheads who are politicians are RICH!!!!!!! You have some slugs who marry into it like ms kerry, john edwards, etc. Then you have the highest of slugs, ted "swimmer" kennedy!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Credits
    Savings

Your right, someone has woken up on the wrong side of life

Quote Originally Posted by Pialphamu
    I think someone woke up on the wrong side of life!!
    The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"I want to tell you something very clear, don't worry about American pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it." Ariel Sharon to Shimon Peres, October 3rd, 2001, as reported on Kol Yisrael radio

On October 5, 2005, the former head of the National Security Agency, Retired Lt
    General William Odom, was quoted by the Associated Press as saying:
    "The invasion of Iraq, I believe, will turn out to be the greatest strategic disaster in U.S. history."

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” ~ H.L. Mencken, 1880-1956

Well, if all we are going to do is put quotes on this board then have some of these.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it
    Aristotle

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
    Winston Churchill

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
    Albert Einstein

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Albert Einstein

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.
    John Kenneth Galbraith

Original thought, instead of copied thought, may be the key to ones true happiness instead of paranoia!
    Pamela Jacobs

Just a few of my own thoughts!

Stanley Hroszow
    Guest Free Member
    The fact is no one remembers that before every thing started (the war) 99% of the Democrats were opposed to the war and most 97% still are, they secretly met with the Muslims, to plot a way to stop the war they also gave advise to them.

Thread Information