Makes me wanna PUKE !!! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Wow zodiac, that is the first thing I have ever seen you post that makes sense. Maybe you should meditate on the meaning of those words, and then apply it to yourself.

Yellowwing, how can you talk about us reaching into the past about Teddy or Slick Willy? This man is talking about a long dead person that has nothing to do with the current political climate. Clinton and Kennedy are both still a part of the debate, and both have had some pretty shady dealings in the time since Prescott Bush made some idiotic decisions pre-WW2.

As for your comment about Hillary-- I hope the Dems are dumb enough to nominate her. There isn't one name on the potential list of Republican candidates that wouldn't win in a landslide if she wins the nomination.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The original post was bashing George W. Bush. Have you forgotten whom he was running against in 2000 & 2004? George is lacking in some areas but consider the alternative. I am struggling with the fact that the both parties are more worried about getting reelected than “Doing the right thing”!>>

Credits
    Savings
    I am struggling with the fact that the both parties are more worried about getting reelected than “Doing the right thing”!>>

Thanks for your input, Mike. Doing the right thing means so many things to so many people.
    Doing the right thing for whom? You? Me? The United States and its citizenry?
    I guess what it all boils down to is how are the decisions being made going to affect you, me and our loved ones immediately and in the future. If the decisions that are being made do not affect you or anyone important to you then chances are that you won't give a patoozie, one way or the other, about the decision making process and it's results. However, once you see the price of petrol rise, and you hear that your next door neighbor's son was just blown up by an IED and you have to weave yourself through an American Flag burning protest just to get to work you might just get involved with the decision making process and the decisions that are being made. It will be at that time that you will want the the decison makers to do the right thing for it's citizenry and not just themselves. I could use a little good news in that regard.

Credits
    Savings
    Mike-
    When I used the word you I wasn't referring to you personally. I just couldn't think of any other way to get my point across.

Credits
    Savings
    To me, doing the right thing is telling me what you believe in, and standing by that no matter if it costs you an election or a few percentage points in the polls. It is telling me that you are going to do something and then following through. Just listen to Sen. Kerry. In the 2004 election he accuses Bush of Cutting and Running. Now all he wants to do is Cut & Run. Clinton saying, “It depends on what the meaning of is, is?” Geo. H.W. Bush, “Read my lips, No new taxes!” Geo W. Bush might think he is tough on immigration but his relationship with President Fox states otherwise. How can Kennedy, Landriu, and Kerry claim to be Catholic? President Carter was an Evangelical Christian and a Naval Academy grad. Are any of you old enough to remember what condition the Navy was in when Regan took office? And how many Christian felt betrayed? Just be up front with me.>>

Credits
    Savings
    Just be up front with me.
    I am absolutely in total agreement with you Mike but you know, as well as I do, that there will be times when being totally forthright may not be in best interest of say, national security. Regardless, a man should be as good as his word.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McIntyre
    To me, doing the right thing is telling me what you believe in, and standing by that no matter if it costs you an election or a few percentage points in the polls. It is telling me that you are going to do something and then following through. Just listen to Sen. Kerry. In the 2004 election he accuses Bush of Cutting and Running. Now all he wants to do is Cut & Run. Clinton saying, “It depends on what the meaning of is, is?” Geo. H.W. Bush, “Read my lips, No new taxes!” Geo W. Bush might think he is tough on immigration but his relationship with President Fox states otherwise. How can Kennedy, Landriu, and Kerry claim to be Catholic? President Carter was an Evangelical Christian and a Naval Academy grad. Are any of you old enough to remember what condition the Navy was in when Regan took office? And how many Christian felt betrayed? Just be up front with me.>>

Be nice to have the ole "GIPPER BACK" He rebuilt our military might and didnt take << NO >> chit.Sumb-tin tells me he would have jumped outta that chair at the grade school on that faithful 9/11 day and been in the AIR instead sitting there like Bush cuz he didnt want to be rude to the kiddies. He did his share of BS'ing the public but he belived in our military strength and his/our country.Look how fast he got kadaffi to back-off.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Reagan was a strong leader. I doubt that our country would have this split if he was still in command.

Yeah, the Dems are set to assume majority office again. Nominating Hillary would be blatant foot shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    Reagan was a strong leader. I doubt that our country would have this split if he was still in command.

Yeah, the Dems are set to assume majority office again. Nominating Hillary would be blatant foot shooting.

Heck yellowing,we had best start building backyard bunkers if she makes it.And make sure you hold onto your personnel weapons cuz you know how dem dar dem's are,they want us to give up our arms.I seriously dont think thunder thighs stands a chance.We got us a phantom candidate lurking in the shadows waiting to throw his name into the hat.Myself I hope he/she is a 3rd party,these 2 we deal with now have kinda gone off and totally screwed the pooch.My opinion, SF

Yellowwing, the split would exist because the elite of the democrat party cannot accept that they are totally out of power for the first time. It leads to hatred on the left and by those on the right not knowing how to lead, stuck with the mindset of being in the minority.

She (hillary) has a "PLAN" but she won't tell anybody what it is!!!!!!!! She is also getting as bad as kerry with her flip-flopping!

SEMPER FI,

Ole Sarg, she is doing the same thing Kerry did. I guess she forgot to watch the last election. But, I'll try to help.

MEMO TO ALL POLITICOS
    You can no longer stand in front of a group of people and tell them what they want to hear, and then tell another group something totally different because that is what they want to hear. Everything you say will be recorded. Your opposition will then go through these tapes to see where you stand on a particular issue. If you tell one group you're for gun control, and then another group that you're in favor of the second amendment, the public will be told the truth. You're in favor of neither, but willing to lie to make yourself look good in front of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Ole Sarg, she is doing the same thing Kerry did. I guess she forgot to watch the last election. But, I'll try to help.

MEMO TO ALL POLITICOS
    You can no longer stand in front of a group of people and tell them what they want to hear, and then tell another group something totally different because that is what they want to hear. Everything you say will be recorded. Your opposition will then go through these tapes to see where you stand on a particular issue. If you tell one group you're for gun control, and then another group that you're in favor of the second amendment, the public will be told the truth. You're in favor of neither, but willing to lie to make yourself look good in front of people.
    Was on the tellie today.The boys want there summer vacation even though alot didnt get done on the hill.They shot down raising hrly. wage again but have found sum $$ to give themselves another raise.Here's proof they say to one group one thing and tell another to themselves.

The SOB'S give their sorry arses a raise and they vote down a budget increase for Vet Care. I can see right now my reps and senators are going to get nasty letters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The SOB'S couldn't even get something worked out on the ILLEGAL ALIENS or as the democrats like to say UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND now their sorry arses go on their summer break - what is wrong with this picture!!

SEMPER FI,

They don't give themselves a raise, it goes into effect with no action. They have to vote not to get the cost of living raise. And, raising the minimum wage to over $7 an hour like some wanted to do would cause inflation to go through the roof and nearly cripple our economy. It was the most asinine proposal of the year. The $6.25 an hour proposal is a little better, but would still cost many hourly employees their job, and would raise the price of every good and service you purchase.

And, as sad as it is, this is an election year. There is nothing in the world that would keep the members of Congress from taking time of to campaign. Like it or not, it is a part of the system of government we have. Personally, I'm glad they're on recess. If Congress isn't meeting, they can't screw anything up.

Thread Information