Just saw this on tv
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Just saw this on tv

Just saw on tv, that a muslim group just held a film festival somewhere in the U.S, that depicted the troops as evil pigs, and also shed a negative light on Jews.

Meanwhile, I just opened up a newspaper, saying that the Muslims are wanting the Marine that wrote that "Offensive" song (Jihad Girl, I think it was) to be put in jail, and discharged.

So you're telling me you can depict our servicemembers as pigs openly and officially at a Film Festival, but when one song gets leaked onto the internet, your in an outrage?

Credits
    Savings
    You're angry for the exact same reason they are. If anything you should be able to relate to them because you don't want our troops disrespected just as they don't want their people disrespected ( not talking about the radical insurgents or terrorists here, but the normal Islamic population ).

One of the things our founding fathers wanted for us was freedom of press. I'm taking American History 201 and American History 202 right now. You should see some of the cartoons that were drawn up depicting different news makers of the day. Still, they fought to give us the right to make the "evil pig" and "Jihad Girl" crap. If we don't like it all we can do is say "f*ck em and move on.

My .02 cent.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

It is rediculous I know, but what can we do. No matter what happens, there will always be something for people to complain about. As much as I wish I could put a stop to the way our troops are treated and dipicted I cannot, all I hope is that one day maybe those who choose to do these things will look back and see the err of their ways. The whole thing with the Muslims being angred about the song is well frankly, they are just looking for reasons to hate and frown upon the our beloved troops. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way arguing with you, it's just that I personally think no matter what we as a country do they will always attempt to find something to throw in our faces.

Credits
    Savings
    It's not so much of....Hmm....How do I say this......90% of the reason I'm mad is because the level of officiality. A Single Marine has a video that was leaked onto the internet (And I do agree, It did cross the line a bit) but the Muslims had and Official, Big Bash, everyone come look at this kind of thing. The Song the Marine Made was leaked by one of his friends probably (Maybe without permission). In my mind, its like an Entire army being allowed to march over an innocent village, but when one lone soldier flicks a ciggarate in the direction of the same village, he is treated as a monster.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

I know

I completely agree, it's always worse when it's not them because when they do it, it's always justified in one way or another. Also like you said it probably wasn't even that Marine who let the song leak...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Barret
    It's not so much of....Hmm....How do I say this......90% of the reason I'm mad is because the level of officiality. A Single Marine has a video that was leaked onto the internet (And I do agree, It did cross the line a bit) but the Muslims had and Official, Big Bash, everyone come look at this kind of thing. The Song the Marine Made was leaked by one of his friends probably (Maybe without permission). In my mind, its like an Entire army being allowed to march over an innocent village, but when one lone soldier flicks a ciggarate in the direction of the same village, he is treated as a monster.
    So you're saying theirs is worse because it was accepted by the other muslims? ( poor choice of words on my part but I think I get what you're getting at )

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way arguing with you, it's just that I personally think no matter what we as a country do they will always attempt to find something to throw in our faces.
    I agree with this 100%. There is absolutely no way I see possible to "win the hearts and minds". Hopefully our leaders have a better idea of what needs to be done though. Otherwise my son will be fighting the same radicals that we are fighting today.

Credits
    Savings

Another View

I feel like this is how we treat our own people. It's like everything has been flipped upside down:

A group of american Citizens can be praised by some liberals for burning a flag, But One soldier holding up a sign saying "Support Our Troops" Is Labeled as a Bastard,because that must mean that he is Pro-War, Which means he belives in killing innocent civilians.

If they can say what they wanna say, we can say what we wanna say period.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallboot
    If they can say what they wanna say, we can say what we wanna say period.
    Thats the truth.

You may not agree with it, i do not at all, but its called freedom of speech. As for the Marine making that song, hes apart of the Marines, hes in a contract. Hes a professional. Can Barry Bonds write a song about all the ****ty fans and bad raps hes gotten about them, especially if its offensive? No, he cant. Its not really going to go over well when we're fighting Muslims and someone aprart of that fighting group makes a controversial song about it.

I don't see what was wrong with the song. It was about a Marine that didn't view the political and religious differences as a problem until some muslims decided to take action that was unacceptable. I just wish I had a copy of it on CD before it went away.

But, the difference in the two situations is pretty simple. The muslims in America that are depicting the troops as pigs are able to do so because they are willing to fight and die for them. The same muslims are upset because the Marines don't have a problem with killing terrorists, and they in fact think it is a good thing. The freedom of speech works both ways, not just to protect the idiots that like to hide behind it.

Personally, I think if they are such fans of calling our service members pigs, we should give our Soldiers and Marines pork to throw at everyone that asks for anything pig related.

this is ridiculus. do they honestly think that there arent muslims over in hadji-land maken fun of not just american but all NON-muslims. the Council on American-Islamic relations needs stop being so hypocritical. the video isnt that bad any ways.

this is the video:
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=871960643&n=2

Credits
    Savings
    What you have to realize is that a lot of these people are quite brainwashed here. Religion in other parts of the world is used to comfort people, but here its used to control people. Think about it, what is the idea makeing women cover their entire bodys includeing their faces. It is so that since women can not show their faces, they can not truely develope a personality or close relationships outside of the house. They are in essence drones, not people but things. What is the idea of praying 5 times a day, every single day, as early as 5am or earlier, and for an entire month of the year fasting? It gets you into a rythem, and when you are fasting in the desert heat you are weak and unable to question, you may even "get a vision". Intresting they feel spiretuallity is linked to pain and non questioning obediance. They proudly put cartoons of say jesus in saudi arabia, but when some danish cartoonists published a few mohomed cartoons, holy **** people started litterally blowing themselfs up.

Credits
    Savings
    Bachle,

Great post. It really makes you stop and think a little about their religious thinking.

Credits
    Savings
    I totally agree Bachle, it's the essence of the religion.

Thread Information