Israel on standby on Gaza Border
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Israel on standby on Gaza Border

Oh boy.. here it comes...

ISRAELI forces began massing near the Gaza Strip yesterday - after Palestinian militants holding a soldier demanded the release of prisoners.
    Prime Minister Ehud Olmert warned of a "comprehensive and protracted operation" after a raid into Israel on Sunday which saw two soldiers killed and a third - Corporal Gilad Shalit, 19 - kidnapped.
    Militants linked to Palestinian ruling group Hamas want the release from Israeli prisons of children under 18 and women.
    Israeli officials have hinted that if they don't get Shalit back, they will blitz Gaza from the air and target top Hamas officials, including Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh.
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm...name_page.html

well...at least they aren't takin' any ch*t anymore...

I'd like to think the US would do the same for one of our Servicemen...no matter the branch

I don't know when the terrorists (as a note, I do not recognize the term Palestine or Palestinian, it leads to the misbelief that there has ever actually been a nation with this name) will learn that they cannot beat Israel. The men and women of the Israeli military are second only to those in the uniform of the United States. They have turned away attack after attack from their Arab neighbors, and this will be no different. If Hamas continues to act like a terrorist group (which it historically is) and not a political party, the days of independence for these people may be numbered.

well, I hope they blitz gaza and the west bank and say "well there went your peace deal"

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    man the headlines here in saudi of that **** are so one sidded. Every day when I read about the operations, the headlines usually read: Israeli bombs kills 15 civilians, palestinian militants make dareing raid into israel. Yeah what was israel thinking, I mean the civilians only fired like 10 or 15 mortars at them, comeon. And these "freedom fighters", the dumb bastards actually got the chance to choose a government and come closer than they ever have been to becomeing a real country, then they pick hammas and use what ever land israel gives to them to fire rockets at them. They hate israel here so much that all of the maps that they had in my highschool ither have israel crossed off with pen or the company that makes the maps just puts palestine where israel is. And a lot of people here actually buy into that crap that the holocost never happened, or if it it wasnt half as bad as they make it out to be. If all of this ****es you off, this last one will put you over the top (it did that to me) Most of the people here ither belive (this is completely ****ing stupid, but even "educated saudis" hold this belife) on septemer 11th 2001 the U.S. fired missiles into our trade centers or we highered the hijackers to blow up our towers so that we could invade the middle east. Yeah, when I heard that I was like wow where do I even start with these people, but then I remembered Osama bin laden was from here and its really just a whole lot simpler to call people who spew that rediculious bull**** *******s.

Credits
    Savings

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Focus Fate
    World War III, hooray!
    Excuse me, but are you out of your ****ing mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Focus Fate
    World War III, hooray!
    LOL more like the begining of the rapture.

Just a note, the Bible points to Israel being the one attacked before all the bad stuff happens, not Israel attacking.

hey maybe a nuke here and a nuke there might change attitudes in this cesspool world we live in, somethings gotta happen to change some power hungry minds.

Credits
    Savings
    I don't think this is a good thing. Israel f*cking around buzzing Syrian's president's house? If they attack Syria there's a good chance Iran will get involved ( probably by way of missiles and terrorist groups ).

So what happens if Iran gets involved? What does the U.S. do? What will the "insurgency" in Iraq look like if the U.S. backs Israel in a Jewish/Muslim war?

I hope Israel doesn't slip up and spark a huge conflict with other nations in the M.E. over something a few Palestinian idiots did.

hey maybe a nuke here and a nuke there might change attitudes in this cesspool world we live in, somethings gotta happen to change some power hungry minds.
    Who are they going to nuke? They live right on top of their enemy.

Just curious. Maybe the military historian types can help me out. Is it really that out of the ordinary for nations to trade P.O.W.'s?

Brooklyn

Learn a little history! This has been going on for years. Syria knows exactly what Israel may do and they expect it. Look at the 6 day war, and other conflicts. Israel has never been afraid to back up it's words and demands. If they said "give us back our soldier or we will bomb you" you can darn well bet the farm that Israel is going to back up their words. All of the palestinian countries/factions know and expect this. There will be increased tensions for a while (as if there weren't already) but life will go on as it has for centuries. Israel has a "spine", something that many other countries do not. They do not take lightly the kidnapping or harming of one of their soldiers. Something another country we all know of might pay attention to and learn from. Countries that do not back up their words are looked upon as being weak and feeble in that part of the world. They understand power and might, and they accept nothing less. This has been the way it is done in the Middle East for centuries, and it will continue long after we have departed....

i just hope Israel gets there soldier back.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper51
    Learn a little history! This has been going on for years. Syria knows exactly what Israel may do and they expect it. Look at the 6 day war, and other conflicts. Israel has never been afraid to back up it's words and demands. If they said "give us back our soldier or we will bomb you" you can darn well bet the farm that Israel is going to back up their words. All of the palestinian countries/factions know and expect this. There will be increased tensions for a while (as if there weren't already) but life will go on as it has for centuries. Israel has a "spine", something that many other countries do not. They do not take lightly the kidnapping or harming of one of their soldiers. Something another country we all know of might pay attention to and learn from. Countries that do not back up their words are looked upon as being weak and feeble in that part of the world. They understand power and might, and they accept nothing less. This has been the way it is done in the Middle East for centuries, and it will continue long after we have departed....
    I agree, Israel will do what Israel wants to do. I'm wasn't saying they won't. I'm just wondering what will happen if something major happens and sparks a regional conflict there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bachle
    man the headlines here in saudi of that **** are so one sidded. Every day when I read about the operations, the headlines usually read: Israeli bombs kills 15 civilians, palestinian militants make dareing raid into israel. Yeah what was israel thinking, I mean the civilians only fired like 10 or 15 mortars at them, comeon. And these "freedom fighters", the dumb bastards actually got the chance to choose a government and come closer than they ever have been to becomeing a real country, then they pick hammas and use what ever land israel gives to them to fire rockets at them. They hate israel here so much that all of the maps that they had in my highschool ither have israel crossed off with pen or the company that makes the maps just puts palestine where israel is. And a lot of people here actually buy into that crap that the holocost never happened, or if it it wasnt half as bad as they make it out to be. If all of this ****es you off, this last one will put you over the top (it did that to me) Most of the people here ither belive (this is completely ****ing stupid, but even "educated saudis" hold this belife) on septemer 11th 2001 the U.S. fired missiles into our trade centers or we highered the hijackers to blow up our towers so that we could invade the middle east. Yeah, when I heard that I was like wow where do I even start with these people, but then I remembered Osama bin laden was from here and its really just a whole lot simpler to call people who spew that rediculious bull**** *******s.
    I didnt know that, wow .... You can get a Video of 9/11, take a look at it for 5 seconds ... wow Airplanes. I cant beleive there that hard headed.

Thread Information