Top Shooter - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Shooter

Talking The Real Thing.........

PaintBall Games are just that games. There really isn't anything to be gained by playing these games except having fun and spending a lot of money.
    I have played these games, most of the nonVeterans thought that they were John Wayne and company.

Red Dragon aka HL

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    You made my point.

"Six the easy way six, hard ways come down, pay the front line, take the back line. Place your bets, same shooter coming out".

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Haha John Wayne! But who couldn't love a face like that?

Registered User Free Member jbavol's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    One of the best books to read to prepare a young potential Marine is "With the Old Breed." I forget the author but it's on the Commadant's reading list. Steven Ambrose, my favorite author, calls it the best war memoir ever written. Also, a book called "One Bugle, No Drums" this is about the 1st Marines at the Chosin Resevoir. Each an excellent read and demonstrate what a good Marine can do against the odds.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking

Today we had a rifle meet in Tacoma, WA and kicked butt! JV and Varisty both got 1st place! I also got...get this...AN EXPERT MEDAL!!!

I'll have to take a picture of it so I can show you guys . I am also going to receive a pistol expert badge at our next unit inspection!

So now I have a 1st place Sporter Class AA Sharpshooter medal and a 1st place Expert

Registered User Free Member Barrio_rat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Seeley, what type and calibre of weapons are you using? Sounds like you are doing well with the marksmanship. Well done! You seem to be a good study as well as having some natural ability. This builds confidence in a shooter and helps to keep good scores coming.

Here is a bit of advice my father gave me. He learned to shoot in the Marine Corps and he taught me in the same manner. When I went to Boot Camp all he said was, 'forget what I taught you. They will teach you all you need to know for shooting, learn their way and you will do well." I took his advice. There were some differences, though they were minor. I shot expert. This does not mean you are learning anything 'wrong'. Only that your PMI's will be teaching you how to qualify in the USMC. They do this for a living and know what they are talking about. Listen to 'em and listen well.

Again, well done on your shooting! Keep up the good work.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Barrio_rat: We are only shooting .177 caliber air rifles but the pricipals of marksmanship is the same as if it were .22's or an M-16 or any other rifle for that matter. I really enjoy marksmanship but wish we had a chance to shoot a high powered rifle. In past years (before all the school shootings mind you) the standard rifle was a .22. Oh well. My dad has put some concideration into purchasing a .22 for me or possibly an ar-15 for the both of us to go to a range with. A .22 would be fun but I've used my friends' ar-15 and that is the funnest thing I have ever had the pleasure to fire (yet).

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Those AR-15's can get pretty pricey they run about 600-900 bucks been thinking of buying one for myself to play with, maybe snuff a few coyotes.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Heh. I already use my break-barrel pellet rifle to take out rats. Sometimes I get so many of 'em that they don't come back for a long time so I set up dog food and peanut butter lures and lay perfectly still in the corner of the yard . My mom says I'm sick, my dad says I'm just like he was LOL.

Hey, Seeley! You'll do alright...if they don't give ya a section 8!

Somethin' seems a little off about lurin' rats to the AO just so ya can shoot 'em! LOL

Now what happens when ya go to boot and yer Mom has all those rats in the yard? LOL.

Earle Comstock
    Guest Free Member
    Come on , Come on , quit threatning him with a section 8 .
    Next thing you know they will be calling him Klinger and we all know he was in the Army .
    Besides , the Corp don't care if your crazy , in fact they prefer it .

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks for the encouragement wrbones LOL

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Kentwood MCJROTC is having a rifle meet Saturday 15 February at Liberty High School. Wish us steady hands and patients on the range so we can take another first place! I'm also going for a 3-for-3 with ribbons . Just thought I'd let you guys know what was up with the unit.

- Seeley

Good luck, Seeley.

Let us know what happened

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    good luck seely. luring rats into the open laying perfectly motionless crazy? Nah, just the fresh ground to build another 8541. have you you seen the Air Force commercial where the kid jumps into the water and comes up a rescue diver then they say we have been waiting for you? Well Seeley WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU!!!!!!

Thread Information