Top 10 Marine Corps Movies/Shows of all time? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    And by the way, You should read the Jarhead Book. It was originally intended to be a Fictional story, but then the author added Non-Fictional parts to it. It shows (In the book, There are stories of "Swoff" Bench pressing 350 lbs. like it's nothing, getting in bar fights with everyone, and cussing out his senior Officer, to which the Officer just laughs, and sends him on his way.)

Dont let Hollywood cloud your judgement.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Anyone see?.....

a movie called "Stateside" Val Kilmer plays a DI (warning my ex wife had me watch this it's a lovestory set up as a "it's hard cause he's a Marine" sorta thing....) but Val Kilmer as a DI was well worth suffering through this.. was rather funny

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    for all of you who have recommended "Jarhead"...I wouldn't recommend that movie if it were the last movie on earth....That movie was the biggest bunch of B.S. this Marine has every seen. It was an embarrassment to the Corps.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

has anyone ever heard this phrase?....

Quote Originally Posted by Barret
    No Offence to Any Marine, But the Main Character in Jarhead is the only thing that's made me seriously Rethink joining the Corps. In my point of view, the Story is of a Mentally unstable guy joining the Corps, And Hating every second of it. THE END. Roll Credits.
    "life is what you make it"
    Means if you think Sh*t you'll get Sh*t that's how it goes, if your the type who hates everything, do you think service in the military (regardless of branch) will be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBrave83
    1. Full Metal Jacket
    2. Ears Open, Eyeballs Click (haven't seen the full movie yet)
    3. Heartbreak Ridge (Guilty pleasure #1)
    4. Thou Shalt Not Kill...Except (Guilty pleasure #2)
    5. A Few Good Men
    6. The D.I.
    7. Sands of Iwo Jima
    8. The Thin Red Line
    9. The Rock
    10. Death before Dishonor (Guilty pleasure #3)

There werent any Marines in The Thin Red Line

Quote Originally Posted by Smalcom
    There werent any Marines in The Thin Red Line
    This has been covered, my mistake.

Barret, just to give you the heads up... plenty of people hate every second of their time in any military branch. I do believe that is part of the reason you can't just quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Geezus
    I dont see why so many people have Full Metal Jacket on their list.
    The first half - the boot camp part. That is Marine Corps boot camp. The rest of the movie sucked.

Don't be deceived that viewing that movie will help you through boot tho. My son thought he was ready for Parris Island because he saw the movie and his dad was a Marine. He didn't have a clue - and told me so!

I can't recall for sure the channel it was on. I think it was Discovery. Might have been Military Channel. But there's a boot camp series. It's a 3 part series. For the 3 phases of boot. LOVED IT! It shows males and females. Of course they couldn't show/cover everything. But if I were going to pick just one, that documtary would be it.

Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman777
    The first half - the boot camp part. That is Marine Corps boot camp. The rest of the movie sucked.

Don't be deceived that viewing that movie will help you through boot tho. My son thought he was ready for Parris Island because he saw the movie and his dad was a Marine. He didn't have a clue - and told me so!

That and Heartbreak ridge, One of my favorites(C. Eastwood) made a joke outta the Marine Recon) not in my day did I ever run across sh**birds like what were portrayed in that movie. Recon would never be that undisciplined...

I saw the boot camp 3 part series on the military channel. It was good.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat1
    for all of you who have recommended "Jarhead"...I wouldn't recommend that movie if it were the last movie on earth....That movie was the biggest bunch of B.S. this Marine has every seen. It was an embarrassment to the Corps.
    I'm with you Big Cat.

I walked out about l/4 through the movie and barfed in some guy's popcorn on the way out.

Credits
    Savings
    I like to say that when they put a bullet through R.Lee Ermey, they put a bullet into the rest of the movie.

Credits
    Savings
    To Echo Four Bravo: Would you say that most of the people that hate every second of the military are either forced into it, or join for the wrong reasons (College Benefits,etc.)?

Thread Information