Top 10 Marine Corps Movies/Shows of all time? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Thin Red Line was about the Army on Guadalcanal, not Marines - but it was a good flick.

My top Marine movies would be:

1. Sands of Iwo Jima
    2. Few Good Men
    3. Boys in Company C
    4. Flying Leathernecks
    5. Full Metal Jacket
    6. Heartbreak Ridge
    7. The DI
    8. Jarhead
    9. Gung Ho
    10. Windtalkers

My all time favorite is
    "Heartbreak Ridge"

No one's posted this one yet... but I like Rules Of Engagement and ofcourse Full Metal Jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by jryanjack
    Thin Red Line was about the Army on Guadalcanal, not Marines - but it was a good flick.
    Thank you Sgt., that I did not know. It's been years since I saw it, and truthfully I was drawing a blank on favorites. I guess for some reason I thought it was the USMC...appreciate the clear up.

Thanks again.

has "The Great Santini" been mentioned ?? with robert duvall as the Col.

Quote Originally Posted by Mama
    My all time favorite is
    "Heartbreak Ridge"

Your forgiven Mama,lol

Old Corps Movies!

55 Days At Peking, with Charlton Heston, about the Boxer Rebellion. It's been a long time since I saw it, but a movie with Marines in China.

Help me out here, WW1 Marines with James Cagney. Can't even remember the name of this flick.

On the History channel, there's a show called Shootout! I don't think I've ever seen Army guys on it unless they were working with Marines. What's great about the show are the reenactments of true events with input from the guys who participated in it.

Last edited by onux16; 06-21-06 at 08:17 AM. Reason: better wording

WW1=====What Price Glory Very good.

I dont see why so many people have Full Metal Jacket on their list. Am I the only one who saw that as an anti war movie? I liked watching the DI yell at the recruits, but other than that it all just seemed like things to scare people out of the Marine Corps(which I have heard people say they didnt join because of this movie).

And Jarhead...it seemed pretty obvious that he didnt think too highly of of the Marine Corps. And when he says "...no matter what, I will always be a jarhead", that didnt seem like a motivational "Once a Marine, always a Marine" type statement. More like he thought of it as a bad thing. He was obviously mentally unstable and never should of joined.

I'm a poolee, and thats how I see it.

Curt, I saw Full Metal Jacket on the day it was released. I was too young to see it, but my dad wanted to, so I got to go along. From that moment forward, I knew what I wanted to do. It may have kept some people out, but it brought some in as well.

It may have been anti-war, but the story didn't seem that bad to me.

As for Jarhead, all you have to do is look into what the guy is doing now. He isn't the most motivated individual on the planet, not a fan of the Bush administration, and has some things he wants to see done. That said, he is a Marine, and always will be one. He has the right to tell his story, and there is some value to it. I just don't happen to agree with it, so I won't see the movie. The book was more than enough for me, and that was without even coming close to getting to the end.

Full Metal Jacket takes place during the Vietnam War. Of course the movie isn't going to be pretty! Every time I see it, I think of this poster:

Curt, I saw Full Metal Jacket on the day it was released. I was too young to see it, but my dad wanted to, so I got to go along. From that moment forward, I knew what I wanted to do. It may have kept some people out, but it brought some in as well.

It may have been anti-war, but the story didn't seem that bad to me.
    It affects people differently. I didnt really like the story either. Stuff just sorta happens, nothing flows together.

As for Jarhead, all you have to do is look into what the guy is doing now. He isn't the most motivated individual on the planet, not a fan of the Bush administration, and has some things he wants to see done. That said, he is a Marine, and always will be one. He has the right to tell his story, and there is some value to it. I just don't happen to agree with it, so I won't see the movie. The book was more than enough for me, and that was without even coming close to getting to the end.
    Sounds like an ex-Marine to me. Once a Marine, always a Marine isnt true to everyone.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165
    I gotta admit, I never heard of this movie.

Me being a Winger, I'da really have liked to see it.
    "The AirWinger - Death from Above"

Can any one give any info on this one?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    No Offence to Any Marine, But the Main Character in Jarhead is the only thing that's made me seriously Rethink joining the Corps. In my point of view, the Story is of a Mentally unstable guy joining the Corps, And Hating every second of it. THE END. Roll Credits.

Thread Information