Okay, we got on the Army...check out the Airforce. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gary,

You're kill'n me. Please tell me the cover (hat for you usaf folks reading this) is not like ours.

S/F,

Mike

I think their new cover should look more like a beanie with a propeller on top to show their deep tradition and history.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Some of the informal feedback about the current service dress includes Airmen wanting to revamp the service dress to look more military, like the other services.

Do you think that the SNCO's, NCO's and Airmen had any input? And if they did..did it really matter? I really don't think so. I think that this was a decision "from above".
    Yep,Luftwaffe, WWII edition. The collars go all the way back to the Red Baron and Eddie Rickenbacher(?) of WWI. So far, there's is a good looking uniform somewhere between WWI and StarTrek to be made but no one has found it, as far as I am concerned. I'd like to see what the Flight line NCO's can come up with.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It STILL doesn't look as good as ours! OOHRAH!

I've been dating a guy that was in the AF - everytime he starts that AF versus Marine ****, ya'll already know that I win but I just tell him that I'm sorry his color blindness got in the way and made him pick the wrong color of blue. AND, no **** ya'll, he didn't even know what a Garrison flag was - I SWEAR I'm NOT joking. So, of course, he just gave me more ammo to use against him.

I just know Marine84 has done shot that poor flyboy right outta the sky..........HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Osotogary
    Some of the informal feedback about the current service dress includes Airmen wanting to revamp the service dress to look more military, like the other services.

Do you think that the SNCO's, NCO's and Airmen had any input? And if they did..did it really matter? I really don't think so. I think that this was a decision "from above".
    Yep,Luftwaffe, WWII edition. The collars go all the way back to the Red Baron and Eddie Rickenbacher(?) of WWI. So far, there's is a good looking uniform somewhere between WWI and StarTrek to be made but no one has found it, as far as I am concerned. I'd like to see what the Flight line NCO's can come up with.
    Heh, not according to the NCOs and SNCOs I talked to ... but that's only half a dozen from one squadron, so what do I know.

Looking at the dress blues my father in law had some 35 years ago when he served in the Air Force, they've only made a few changes. The cover is different (nowadays they wear what they call a garrison cap, but back during the Viet Nam era, they wore, uh, well I can't remember the right name but they look like the Marines barracks cover that goes with the dress blues) and the lapel pins are different.

Anyway, Marine84, your Airman obviously never stood a chance. LOL Well, you'll eventually train him up right and he'll learn not to argue with you. Or you'll kick him to the curb. Heh.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It's all in fun - hell he served more time than I did - but I ALWAYS win the fight. He thinks it's cool that I went through the Corps being a woman so.............it ain't that hard to win.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperFin
    I think their new cover should look more like a beanie with a propeller on top to show their deep tradition and history.

What the!!

These people don't have a clue about pride in self, service or uniform.....or they wouldn't be so willing to change so often.

They look like Salvation Army Workers.....No insult intendedto the Salvation Army. Kinda make you want to put a dollar in their pot!! And these are combat prepared airmen????? I'm glad we have our own air support!!

I think it's all part of that old fight to neutralize the pride we have in our Corps by blending us slowly into the "other" services.

They tried it before they'll keep comming back. Stinking liberals. Ted Kennedy is behind this I bet. Now there's a fine example of a public servant!!

Break out the Battle Flag Marines!! We're goin to WAR!!!

Who The Hell Designed That ****.... Hitler, They Look Like There Ready To Join The German's, They Need To Go Back To The Drawing Board...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    It's all in fun - hell he served more time than I did - but I ALWAYS win the fight. He thinks it's cool that I went through the Corps being a woman so.............it ain't that hard to win.
    Exactly.

RLeon, I love that beanie. That's too funny. Nice job.

I may be wrong, Sniper10, but I'm fairly certain the Air Force hasn't changed its uniforms much since 1970. The woodland camo BDUs have been around for decades. They'll be changing those during the next few years, though, to the Airman Battle Uniform, following the lead of the Marine Corps and the Army. The dress blues do need changing. Personally they've got a flight attendant look to them with the jacket on that just looks cheesy. They're not so bad if the blazer isn't on.

And as I said before, the handful of Airmen I know are not keen on the whole Luftwaffe/SS/Nazi-era feel those prototypes have. I'm guessing this wasn't any thing anyone under O-7 came up with ... but that's just a theory.

Well, I better go look up the AF uniform history on wikipedia just to be sure.

Just poking fun...no disrespet to the Flyboys, they shed blood too...but making their uniforms look more military won't cut it, they have to start with their lenient adherence to standards...the Airforce does have standards...right?

Bdu?

Can anyone tell me why the Airfarce needs a BDU? Seriously, how much battle are they going to see other than a couple of their "Special Ops" guys?

Common sense would dictate that their camo colors would be gray and black and other colors that blend into a flighline. You might want to throw in a splash of green and brown for those that serve near vegetation.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SemperFin
    Can anyone tell me why the Airfarce needs a BDU? Seriously, how much battle are they going to see other than a couple of their "Special Ops" guys?

Common sense would dictate that their camo colors would be gray and black and other colors that blend into a flighline. You might want to throw in a splash of green and brown for those that serve near vegetation.

You would be surprised how many Airmen are serving in Iraq alongside soldiers, sailors and Marines. Of course, they have desert cammies for that. I saw a whole bunch of them at the Ramstein passenger terminal a couple weeks ago returning from down range.

I personally know a gentleman whose daughter is an Airman who just returned from a six-month deployment to Iraq. She's a medic. I know, amazing, they have medics in the Air Force, too.

As for the woodland set of BDUs, the Air Force agrees with you that it has become obsolete for Airmen, and during the next five years or so are phasing it out in favor of a redesigned utility called the Airman Battle Uniform. Hey, I didn't pick the name, and personally I'm not too fond of it. They could just call them utilities, but you know how fond of acronyms military decision-makers are...

Here's a link to what it looks like:
    http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123017545

I know it's not primarily blue and black, it's more of a mix of colors. It's...interesting. And though they don't admit it, this is following right behind the Marine Corps' and the Army's switch to a digitized camoflouge pattern.

I have this strange, inexplicable feeling of being pulled in two directions...my brother's an Airman...but I love Marines...don't make me choose.

Those Air Force tailors are gonna be some rich folks with all that extra fabric there gonna have use for those fat-bodies!!

Oh wait, I'm sorry..they work out on their lil treadmills, what am I thinkin?

Thread Information