HM3 Daniel Joseph Bennett
Create Post

HM3 Daniel Joseph Bennett

I'm looking for any information on this Corpsman kia while with HMM-365. Here's what I have. I also know he was killed while helping medivac a Marine weapons plt and was carrying a grunt to the chopper when he was hit. I would really like to get in contact with any surviving family members.

BENNETT DANIEL JOSEPH HMM-365: 5943086 : USN : HM3 : E4 : HM3 : 19 : BEVERLY HILLS : CA : 19650717 : Hostile, died small arms fire : Crew - Ground Casualty - Corpsman : body recovered : Quang Nam : 02 : 19451001 : Cauc : Roman Catholic/single : 02E : 038

Thumbs up Dan and I flew all the med-evacs in Vietnam for 365.

FYI: I am Curt Graham,MD----Lt,MC,USN--Flight Surgeon with HMM 365, 1964-65 in Vietnam.

Dan Bennett was as close as a brother to me. We spent a lot of hours talking, flying med-evacs together, and treating wounded Marines and ARVNs. I have a lot of stories to tell about him--some good--and a couple bad.

His death was devastating to me on that day he was killed, even today---lots of survival guilt---still think about him very often--have photo of him and our medical crew here in my office on my wall.

Don't know what you need to know, or want to know about those times, but please feel free to contact me. I'm retired now in Las Vegas,NV. Bill Martin, one of our pilots found this message and sent it on to me. I've been to the last 2 reunions, Marine Helicopter Assoc.

Made permanent friends with the whole squadron during that year in Vietnam. It was very hard for me to be transferred back to the Navy again. Always felt like a Marine--not a squid.

Semper Fi,

Curt Graham
    2404 Mason Ave.
    Las Vegas, NV 89102
    cell = 702-236-6337
    email = cgghxdxrx@aol.com

PS. Didn't know whether the MC Community would take me in since I didn't fit any of their criteria for membership---being a doctor assigned to the USMC.
    Just figured since they accept corpsmen, maybe I'd fit well enough. I don't suppose many USN Flight Surgeons have ever reconnected with their squadrons--never heard of any at the reunions.

Thread Information