stolen veteran information
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

stolen veteran information

I am trying to get in touch with veterans and active duty Marines who may have had their personal information stolen. i have a website for you to look over, if anyone is interested.Contact me: Lonnie J. Scheetz, Sgt , USMC, e-mail:scheetzx2@aol.com. Thanks and SEMPER FI

Registered User Free Member acidtuch10's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Received a letter today from the VA stating that my info has been compromised =( Not good

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sorry to hear that. Hope it all works out.

Hi,Acidtouch10,this is Sgt Scheetz(ivyman).If you can go this website:http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=204813, you will see a news special on stolen military records. I am an independent assoc for prepaid legal and we help people who have their identity stolen. Please check my website for more info:http:www.prepaidlegal.com/go/lonniejscheetz. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, SEMPER FI!

Credits
    Savings
    ATTENTION:

ALL VETERANS ARE BEING SENT THE LETTER

The person who has stolen the info, in most likelyhood does not know what he has.
    The information contained on the discs would be almost impossible to extract, unless you are an IT genious.
    The VA has many programs associated with the disc to allow it to run properly and I am very sure that this individual does not have access to such programs.

As a veteran and a person who worked with the VA, I am not in the least bit worried about this and neither should anyone else be.

I feel that there will be "people" trying to make money off of this former VA employees extreme error in judgement and subsequent loss of property.

Veterans should refer to the letter for information and not be misquided by "individuals" seeking monetary gain or notoriety.

CAS
    Thanks, I am a VA employe and we hold our selves to higher standard than this employee ever considered. My records on th Veterans I work with is sacred, I would not think of taking any of it home. I take to much baggagwe home as it is everyday.

News -Suits About VET Data-Stolen Just starting

A group of veterans organizations has filed a class action lawsuit against the Federal government as a result of the recent theft of personal data of over 26.5 million veterans and military personnel. The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C. and is the second lawsuit filed since the theft was disclosed three weeks ago. The five veterans groups filing the lawsuit are Citizen Soldier in New York; the National Gulf War Resource Center in Kansas City; Radiated Veterans of America in Carson City, Nev.; Veterans for Peace in St. Louis; and Vietnam Veterans of America in Silver Spring, Md.

Proprosal for Affected Veterans of Identity Theft

Rep. John Salazar (Colo.) has introduced Veterans Identity Protection Act of 2006 (H.R. 5455). This measure will require the VA to provide one year of free credit monitoring and a free annual credit report for the next two years to veterans who are affected by this security breach. The measure also seeks to authorize $1.25 billion to implement the program for the first year.

Credits
    Savings
    CREDIT REPORTS ARE ALREADY FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another politician trying to take away my tax dollars to line his pockets.......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Also credit monitoring is free. All you have to do is contact the Credit Agencies and tell them your personal information my be comprimised and you need them to contact you via email or phone when something or someone uses your SSN or DL. It will also show up on your credit report when it is pulled by businesses.

I Got My Letter Yesterday, Checking Into It Right Now, I Have Been Online All Morning Going Through My Banking Info And Past Transactions, All Looks Good And Ok For Now.

All veterans should check there accounts every couple months, and if you do find descrepenceys contact the FCC and your local police authoritys ASAP so it can be documented.

Credits
    Savings

Stolen Information

I have question that maybe someone could enlighten me on, Because all of our (Veterans) personnal information was stolen i.e. SSn, DoB,including names why am I still giving my SSn over the phone for them to recover my personnal information it seems that it would make more since that I stop giving this vital information over the phone due to carelesseness in the past and come up with my own personal pin like our TSP accounts?

Sgt Roman

Quote Originally Posted by J-Ro
    I have question that maybe someone could enlighten me on, Because all of our (Veterans) personnal information was stolen i.e. SSn, DoB,including names why am I still giving my SSn over the phone for them to recover my personnal information it seems that it would make more since that I stop giving this vital information over the phone due to carelesseness in the past and come up with my own personal pin like our TSP accounts?

Sgt Roman

J-RO, Never ever give your SSN out over the phone to anyone, all anyone should need is the last 4, dont give out any account #'s to anyone calling and asking. One more thing, "WELCOME TO LEATHERNECK MARINE!" SF

Credits
    Savings
    If you want service at the 1 800 827 1000 you have to give them your whole ssn...unless you have a service number.
    At the hospital, all they need are your last 4.
    Obviously, make these calls from your home land line. Not a cell not a payphone and NOT in public.

Thread Information